+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your MM2 Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    Historically, the Knights had to beg for twenty years just to get Malta, the poorest piece of dirt in the Med, and that came with all sorts of strings attached. The idea of them getting Crete or Verona from Venice is wildly implausible, but it's a game, so oh well.
    But it's also not that great from a gameplay point of view in my opinion. Having them relocate once or twice is alright but they shouldn't be able to go to practically everywhere in the Mediterranean beause it means actually conquering them is completely pointless because if anything you'll only make them stronger.

I've seen them get Calabria, too.
    No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    But it's also not that great from a gameplay point of view in my opinion. Having them relocate once or twice is alright but they shouldn't be able to go to practically everywhere in the Mediterranean beause it means actually conquering them is completely pointless because if anything you'll only make them stronger.

I've seen them get Calabria, too.
    The reason it is this way is for balance ... this is a case where historical plausability is sacrificed for gameplay balance.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I guess the "balance" is that the Christian capacity for piracy lives on with the Berber capacity? It seems that the Knight's role could be carried on after their disappearance through events, much as if you conquer the Mediterranean and still find yourself prey to the Berber pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Ultor View Post
    I guess the "balance" is that the Christian capacity for piracy lives on with the Berber capacity? It seems that the Knight's role could be carried on after their disappearance through events, much as if you conquer the Mediterranean and still find yourself prey to the Berber pirates.
    Ya, I think part of the issue is the Knights would have little role in game (as in existing as a Nation) if their pirate activities were reduced to events and then all the wonderful work done for them originally would need to be abandoned or redone. That would not be fair to the original Knight's mod author too.

Ubik is the one with the fancy reasons why the Knights need to be the way they were, so maybe he would clarify ... he even shot down my idea of having them migrate to the new world

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Theo nly thing that needs to be done is to ensure The Knights need to face harder times later in the game timeline.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    Theo nly thing that needs to be done is to ensure The Knights need to face harder times later in the game timeline.
    ...and respond by moving to Cuba.
    Nationality: British
    Religion: Non-conformist
    Ideology: Social democratic
    Issues: Education/Education/Education

To plague the Moroccan Caribbean
    A tale of Spanish might in the Second World War...
    Espana Victoriosa - A Nationalist Spain AAR

"Kill a thousand men, and they will hate you. Kill a million men, and they will queue to face you. But kill a single man, and they will see monsters and devils in every shadow. Kill a dozen men, and they will scream and wail in the night." -Zso Sahaal

Quote Originally Posted by Taer View Post
    Ya, I think part of the issue is the Knights would have little role in game (as in existing as a Nation) if their pirate activities were reduced to events and then all the wonderful work done for them originally would need to be abandoned or redone. That would not be fair to the original Knight's mod author too.

Ubik is the one with the fancy reasons why the Knights need to be the way they were, so maybe he would clarify ... he even shot down my idea of having them migrate to the new world
    Well I've always thought you primarily get to enjoy the Knights when you play them yourself rather than when they're just some random faction. Keeping things like they are because a lot of work has went into them is not a very good reason, either (work that would have to go into changing them is, though). I don't feel very strongly about them anyways.
    No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Quote Originally Posted by sammy boy View Post
    ...and respond by moving to Cuba.
    Are they moving there? If so, that is a bug.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    Are they moving there? If so, that is a bug.
    He was making fun of my suggestion to allow them to move to the New World

Meanies.

MM Dev Team

He was making fun of my suggestion to allow them to move to the New World

Meanies.

Well, a hug can solve that!
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

My progress by 1541. Due to peace mechanics I loaded up as Lithuania and ceded to myself Danzig and Warmia, which TU refused me otherwise (but apparently, ceding the provinces that I myself conquered but to another partner in the alliance is okay...), but that's it.

I saw that Muscovy was in a war against some other powers so I DoW'ed and somehow had a CB. Amazingly, all of my allies - Brandenburg, Livonian Order (whom I will turn against later on) and Lithuania (think I'll turn on them later on to unite the coastline of the East Baltic under a Swedish banner) joined in the war. Needless to say, Muscovy's shit has hit the fan - I don't even think Muscovy has gotten out of its Time of Troubles which hit it around a decade ago or so. My objective in this war is to annex Novgorod and make Muscovy renounce its cores on me.

Denmark DoW'ed shortly before getting PU'ed by Muscovy. A relief since if Denmark gets inherited, I won't need to annex Danish provinces that I don't want and sell them off before going for Själland. This is the first game that I've continued past 1500 with, and I think I'll make this one my serious attempt. The others have involved learning processes, but not this one (well, to the same degree).

Denmark-Norway was pretty much partitioned between several powers prior to this. And it seems as if Muscovy will once again be completely occupied - the previous war in which it simultaneously was in a Time of Troubles saw rebels (occupied the southern bulge and Kostroma), LO (occupied Novgorod) me (occupied almost all of the rest) rampaging through the country, and it seems as if the Second Swedish Deluge is about to follow up the first one which happened around a decade ago. When I've annexed Novgorod, I think I'll sit back and consolidate until around halfway through the 17th century or so.

Last edited by Swedish Steel!; 18-10-2009 at 13:35.

Swedish "Gustav" Steel. That is all

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Swedish "Gustav" Steel. That is all
    !

Oh, and an update on the war which is no longer ongoing. It was futile, too many rebellions at home and I can't overcome Muscovy's huge numerical advantage and resilience at the moment. It'd end up with both of us completely exhausted in the end and wouldn't be worth it. But I had an ace in my arm and released Morea from vassalage, who had somehow followed into the war. So I've now turned to attend Denmark, whom I will force to give up cores, Hålogaland and ducats if possible.

Another update will come when I've consolidated through to the 30 Years War if it happens. Boy will my reincarnated fingers have fun looting the Germanies and extending my influence, those Hansa coffers seem awfully lonely and Lübeck really looks better in a blue dress.
    Last edited by Swedish Steel!; 18-10-2009 at 14:41.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLead and GoldLegio
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaEU3 Collectors Edition
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Heres my game as England, now formed GB and now inherited spain. yes, Spain!

And the empire as it stands:

Everything in south america was spanish, everything above was originally mine. And yes, i did manage to kick the big blue blob a bit!
    Well, you can prove anything with facts....

EU3 Complete

Quote Originally Posted by 2dme View Post
    Heres my game as England, now formed GB and now inherited spain. yes, Spain!
    Holy hell...

Hail Britannia!

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Hooooly crap.

Prepare to be AE-shafted.

Captain
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Semper FiVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Ultor View Post
    Hooooly crap.

Prepare to be AE-shafted.
    Yes, but he now also has a duty to conquer all of western Europe (to the west of the empire) and North and South America. Why? To make Ubik squirm.

And I expect he already has viceroys so the colonies shouldn't hurt.

Indeed that is his foremost duty.

All that coast is making ME squirm, though.. he's going to get piracy events every last day.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

on KosJ:
    'No, I like Corfu' (love the wording ):

few months later:

now, that was a smart chice, wasn't it?

personally, KosJ should have two reincarnations at most

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 31 ... LastLast