+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your MM2 Empires

Modena in 1573. A new kingdom has been forged with cunning and a bit of luck

Weirdly enough, Bavaria as protestant Emperor had declared the Empire to only allow the true faith. Unfortunately, they then wanted to defend Tuscany whom I had attacked - this and the ensuing religious war all but annihilated what they had built the Demesne to so far. I'm planning to change into Italy at some point but that'll take more forged cores on Siena and Roma so I'll try to win the Emperor's crown from Austria first. I'm allied with them as a remnant of the religious war and also with Spain who I had built up good relations with over the whole game.

France is colonising Canada in this game. They got Naval Provisioning to go along with their QftNW this time, too.

Edit: Holy Moly, I just took a look at England and they got Queen Anne I with 9/9/9... the perfect queen
    Last edited by alpaca; 13-10-2009 at 00:35.
    No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Wow! Look at that Ethiopia!
    Proud Developer of Fallout Mod for Doomsday and Darkest Hour.
    Topic on paradoxplaza

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir Pavlov View Post
    Wow! Look at that Ethiopia!
    Yeah, a shame they'll probably get their arse handed to them by the Ottomans some time

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    Yeah, a shame they'll probably get their arse handed to them by the Ottomans some time
    You know, it's not for certain. Ottomans usually have nothing against Ethiopians: it's the Mamlucs, who usually cause problems, and if they're already steamrolled...
    Proud Developer of Fallout Mod for Doomsday and Darkest Hour.
    Topic on paradoxplaza

Lt. General
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

Riga Micro-AAR 3

Continued from the previous report earlier in this thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...8&postcount=27

My Riga game in 1680; 77 years since last update. Still MMP2 1.09

Screens:

Strategy:

Obviously, I gained some more territory. Most of it came from two wars with Sweden and the rest came from a war with Novgorad/Pvsok. I now accept Swedish and Finnish in addition to Estonian and Latvian. Unfortunately Ingrian only has a total of 2 base tax in the whole world so it is near impossible to get accepted. I hope to vassalize Sweden in one more war and eventually anex her and maybe destroy the COT there. After that I shall go for Denmark or Lithuania if they ever have a significant moment of weakness.

Trade is still by far the main source of income, but tax is finally a significant percentage. I lost the benefits of the Hanseatic city when Austria destroyed the league by eating Lubek and Bremen, but my national ideas and slider settings still allow me to dominate all others in trade. I ended up taking National Conscripts for my 8th NI which is what gave me the force limits and manpower to take Sweden's army head on. Lastly, my conquests allowed me to reach major power status and move my government rank to major.

Threats:

Lithuania is still my biggest threat, but less so now. Although my army and manpower is comparitively low, I have been heavily upgrading my forts and that coupled with me going full defensive means it takes some determined assalts even to take my frozen swamp provinces Also, my navy is much superior. I don't really have much to fear from Denmark or Norway unless I have to fight them at the same time.

Rest of the World:

As you can see from the screens, Europe is kind of a mess (and most of the mess isn't even my fault ). If you look at my last post, you see that France was in trouble. In this post you see what came out of it. England and Spain annexed the majority of France through "a long wait." France was at on point down to 4 provinces. Spain managed to hang on to almost all of her gains and took some of England's French gains later on as well. The French collapse also resulted in a large Savoy and Lorraine, a coastal Auvergune (in Provence), a free Armagnac, and the loss of the COT in Paris. All those annexed provinces gave huge BB points to Spain and England. Spain weathered it all right, but England had multiple collapses. Scotland is now free, Ireland is united, the COT in London is destroyed and England is now a republic as a result.

The next bout of chaos was in the HRE. The wars of religion resulted with Catholic Austria kicking Protestant HREs Bohemia and Brandenburgs asses. Austria forced more than half a dozen HRE states to convert to Catholicsm, and killed the Hansa League by annexing Lubek and Bremen. The HRE chaos also resulted in the formation of Netherlands and the destruction of 8 or 10 other HRE minors. Brandenburg is the Emperor now, but a recently free Catholic Silesia has the votes necessary to take over. They are my ally, so I would be happy if that happens.

Going east, Lithuania grew a bit more bloated, but Muscovy finally turned into Russia and grew in power. A war between them would now be more of an even match I think, but there has yet to be one.

EDIT: Well, sorry to say, I am abandoning this game. I am really pulling in too much income for it to continue to be much fun and I want to start a new game with the new patch anyway. If anyone wants to see how this interesting AI situation will play out, let me know. I saved one save from it and I'll send it to you if you want it.
    Last edited by SpartanSoldier; 13-10-2009 at 21:01.

France... golden.. so... pretty.

*dies happy man at seeing AI Spain take out the blue behemoth.*

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Lol, I rather like how England looks, like someone painted stripes over it.

The dynamics in that game are pretty intense, that's definitely a 1 in a 100 game!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2

Between the OE, Lithuania and knowing that Spain must also have something of an overseas empire, I cringe at the administrative headaches that must result.
    And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it." Amen.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis: Rome

Wow. Venice is also on the verge of forming Italy in that game. I have NEVER seen the AI do that. Best AI performance ever.
    Current AAR in Magna Mundi Ultimate
    (Updated August 14th)
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.”

- John Maynard Keynes

Yeah that game seems to be really unique. The Ottomans always perform well but wow, do they have a lot of money. Gotta love how the Spaniards and English beat the French up good and proper - looks like I'll have to take back my saying French survival is guaranteed

First Lieutenant King_Stanislav's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Iamwinterborn View Post
    France... golden.. so... pretty.

*dies happy man at seeing AI Spain take out the blue behemoth.*

Merde!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Hi all,

I finished a Bremen game MMP2 release, later upgraded with native hotfix and then finally 1.09.

The game feels very organic. (action /reaction). Other tech groups feel good. Tech gap becomes more obvious in the late game again, which is good. Core system
    Getting more provinces didnt slow down research so much as earlier versions? Could be me, and a big income...

In the beginning my only worry was Denmark .I guess this is pretty standard in a Bremen game. Alot of states had me guaranteed (when i was small) and when Denmark did attack (after a few insults) they got owned pretty quickly. Denmark had to release Oldenburg and Holstein as a result, after that Denmark ceased to be a threat. Before they attacked they had a bigger army than me standing ready in oldenburg but instead went for brunswicks empty province, although they dow'ed me. Road of least resistance?

I got the perfect leader in the beginning of the game(1462, see screenshot). Coupled with some good advisors i had from game start, it was much easier placing merchants. This helped greatly in gaining the upper hand tech wise and consequently through trade ideas.to enhance that even further, pretty straightforward. At some point i had to take a naval idea since i got a neg modifier for the navy, the sliders got all naval so thats why prob. After that i thought i might as well go colonizing. So thats what i did.

Apart from what Portugal discovered by event no other discoveries were made in asia. This is my biggest issue and it doesnt feel right, after some point wouldnt it be a good idea to let nations discover sea provinces at a certain naval tech lvl? Wasnt this the case in EU2? Esp if you are sufficiently navally orientated by ideas, sliders, coastal and what have you. As it was in this game the nations with MassColonization didnt discover anything in asia apart from the scripted events for Portugal. Sure you get events offering some explorers but they were way to expensive(I believe this was fixed?)

Some more observations:

land lvl 70 (last tech to reseach) comes with the breach loaded infantry, this type doesn't seem much better than the impulse inf, although the description says it was a significant departure from muzzle loaded rifles.

Lots of nations went bankrupt and some more than once, England was the prime example of that. At the end of the game england's tech was in the lvl 30's.

Russia took parts of greece and turky in a war, later OE took some back. Havent seen this in earlier MM versions when it was more of a stalemate between those two behemoths.

Colombia formed (No others) but at low tech lvl. Too bad this is still the case for revolutionary states. When the Netherlands formed earlier it was the same but then the difference in tech wasnt so big yet.

To the poster above: nice income as Bremen. I don't think I ever had the self-discipline to remain a OPM till 1812 with only colonial possessions abroad .

This is my current Silesia game in 1682. I don't know what to do from here. I'm hereditary emperor after a triumphant victory in the 30 years war, and BB is relatively manageable (13/24 after just getting Framed!). Any suggestions?

Honestly, Silesia has amazing starting ideas. 3 starting NIs for LEF (all good ones too!). I was super lucky as well, since 20 years into the game I inherited Pommerania outright. From there it was just first conquering the Teutonic Order, then allying with Russia and dividing Poland/Lithuania between us. Poland-Lithuanian union broke as well, since after the first war Poland's prestige tanked while their king died. Guess I caught a lucky break.

Most of Austria/Hungary was annexed during the 30 years war, with most of the territories in Imperial Demesne. Also, there's a sweet event in which if you take territories such that Austria can no longer access her cores (i.e. taking Tirol and separating Trent from Austria proper), they will make an offer to you to give you Trent as a core in exchange for giving them back Tirol. Huzzah, free cores in HRE!

I annexed most of Bohemia after the 30 years war, since I became hereditary HRE and don't need the Protestant elector's support anymore. Constitutional monarchy's parliament gave me an event offering a free core on Wroclaw (easily the best province in Eastern Europe) in exchange for a stab hit.

Also, the Netherlands after the 1600s is probably more trouble than it is worth. The moment your WE rises above 0.00, every 2 months stacks of 20-25 rebels will spawn trying to gain Dutch independence. Had to station 20 regiments there just to keep law and order.

Finally, I noticed that if you force-vassalize/convert HRE members during the 30 years war, you don't suffer HRE relations hit as per the new system. I ended up vassalizing almost every catholic minor in Germany during the 3 wars I fought before the peace conference. Then, after the wars, events which "vassals demand independence" give BB subtraction which is always useful due to the fast and furious annexing I've been doing.

World Map:

Look at that, Russia is actually colonizing towards the Pacific and the Ottomans are on their way to India.
    Last edited by axzhang; 16-10-2009 at 01:45.
    (Updated August 14th)
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.”

- John Maynard Keynes

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Yeah, I honestly never bother with the Low Countries as Emperor. Antwerp is nice, but not worth the constant bombardment by negative events when you've got the TYW going on.

You got your mission: Duke it out with the Ottomans.

Although one thing is bothering me: They barely ever seem to significantly expand towards Europe as they did in history.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Also, there's a sweet event in which if you take territories such that Austria can no longer access her cores (i.e. taking Tirol and separating Trent from Austria proper), they will make an offer to you to give you Trent as a core in exchange for giving them back Tirol. Huzzah, free cores in HRE!
    Bah, that's super lame
    Istanbul was Constantinople
    Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
    Been a long time gone, Constantinople
    Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night

Quote Originally Posted by Titus Ultor View Post
    Yeah, I honestly never bother with the Low Countries as Emperor. Antwerp is nice, but not worth the constant bombardment by negative events when you've got the TYW going on.
    I agree. I actually released the Netherlands as a vassal right after annexing 6-7 Polish provinces so I could keep my BB down. After they gained independence, their aggressive policies meant I had to annex a few provinces back to boost IP. But now there's no province decision to "give the province back" despite us being at truce for over 50 years.

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca View Post
    You got your mission: Duke it out with the Ottomans.

Although one thing is bothering me: They barely ever seem to significantly expand towards Europe as they did in history.
    Problem with Ottomans is that in MMP2 there's an event which allows Austria immediate vassalization (or annexation, I didn't pay much attention but it happens every game) of Bosnia. From then on they dominate the Balkans taking on Serbia/Ragusa etc... Coupled with the HRE title and a strong alliance with Hungary, they end up beating back the Ottomans easily. Also, since the Ottomans usually exceed their BB limit, they end up with no allies to help them out in their war. Once their WE rises high enough, France/Spain and the Mameluks/other Muslims usually pounce on the Ottomans. That's why you even see an independent revolter Greece in my game.

Quote Originally Posted by Solo? View Post
    Bah, that's super lame
    I don't know if it's an event only for Emperors or not. I was really surprised to get it, since I got free cores on Trent and Tirol (which I separated individually in two different wars).

Also, the "Universal tolerance" decision in the peace conference pretty much constitutes a free Ecumenism NI. I love it. With LEF, Protestant faith, and Universal tolerance, Heretics are +3 as well.
    (Updated August 14th)

- John Maynard Keynes

Ming lost territories to the Oirat Horde!

Brandenberg->Prussia->Germany, 1806. I considered actually just conquering all of my cores for the sake of this picture, but it would just be too much rebel ping-ponging for the sake of a picture. Suffice it to say that, before I dissolved the HRE in ~1775, my lands consisted of no more than the historical Prussian lands of the time (by design).
    • Brittany as a successful colonizer! I hadn't even looked over to North America because I was busy with the Thirty Year's War and everything, but I suddenly receive a "Brittany has moved their capital" message. They're actually poised to seize a lot of English territory in Canada, which brings me to my next note.
    • England is currently wracked by the worst revolution I've ever seen while playing. Scotland and Ireland have both revolted, the USA has already formed and got a white peace despite suffering from the tech issues and is poised to receive a lot of defectors. England's been at -3 stability since receiving the R-CR event.
    • Central American and Venezuela both revolted, but were suffering from tech issues and were wiped out even by the native nations.
    • Austria has some far-flung lands. They managed to insta-inherit Georgia and somehow beat the Russians in a toe-to-toe war in the region, seizing half of Crimea in the process. They also have some lands in Greece and on North Africa.
    • The Papal States control all of Central Italy, and would control even more had I not been such a dutiful Protestant Emperor.
    • The Balkans were highly dynamic and erupted into warfare many times. The OE owned Croatia at one point.
    • Scandinavia formed but released Denmark within months. Was sort of anticlamactic. Hannover formed without my involvement whatsoever, which was curious.

I attempted to keep the game as plausible as possible. I expanded only into Prussia until Russia formed and we could take on Pol-Lith together, and never expanded into the HRE until the TYW, during which I was elected Emperor. I won the war handily, and did away with the College of Electors so I would cast the only vote. This plan worked well until a regency council, immediately after which I warred the new HRE and disassembled the Empire to solidify my position as King of Germany.

This was my first full MMP2 game, and I just want to emphasize how great the mod is and how much of an improvement it is over MMP, a mod which could stand without improvement itself.

Who's the dark purple in Africa?

And also the dark purple (same color?) in Iceland.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 29 ... LastLast