• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(128853)

Second Lieutenant
2 Badges
Dec 17, 2008
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
As we all know,one of the most boring things in multiplayer games in EU3 is the correct checksum

Delete the cache,enter the game,"calculating paths" then exit the game.Re-enter and finally you can play...do you want to never do it again?

This application allows to manage caches(which gives correct checksum),so "calculating paths" will be done only ONCE e you can re-use it everytime you want to play

You only need to:
1)copy the file .exe in your EU3 directory and execute the file
2)choose your game version in the list and then press ADD CACHE
3)EU3 will start...when it has finish loading,it closes itself.
These 3 steps must be done only ONCE...from now on you only have to follow the next steps
4)now choose again the game version in the list and then press PLAY THIS GAME
5)and now PLAY EU3 with the correct checksum
You can even delete unused cache stored by program using DELETE CACHE

The application is still in beta testing(even if it has been already tested and hope there are no problems).It can be used as substitute of EU3 launcher.

Hope it can be useful for the entire EU3 community.For suggestions,congratulations or problems,do not hesitate in posting here or contacting me on Skype(find me with same nick)

PS:at the first use it could be slow in loading,because it's going to delete all mod caches(to optimize the waiting time in next uses),so don't worry if it seems blocked

PPS:do you think it can work even with other Paradox games?I don't know because I have only EU3 Complete...but if you say it works the same way,i'll try them with demo

0.9(no more available)FEATURES AND FIXES
1.there was a bug about deleting mod caches.Now it seems fixed
2.Direct IP: write the host IP(if you're playing in direct ip,obviously) and you will find it when you join the game. No more alt-tab or writing IP on paper for guys with no memory like me:)
3.Version Compatibility: it will check if EU3 version is changed. If so, it asks to delete all EU3Cache saved previously to avoid compatibility problem. It's recommended to answer "OK".
Still no new graphics...this version it's only to solve the mod caches problem. So please download it
PROBLEMS AND BUGS
1.First time it will say you have a new EU3 patch...just press CANCEL,it will be solved in next version.Thanks
DOWNLOADS:more than 50

1.0 FEATURES AND FIXES:
1.New Graphics(much better than my horrible one)
2.Automatic "Add Cache":just press "Add Cache" and the program will open EU3,"calculating paths",close EU3 and save the calculated caches automatically
3.Quotes on waiting times:see what most important people from 1399 to 1821 have to say
4.Fixed a bug on version compatibility

PROBLEMS AND BUGS:
1.The Direct IP function seems to delete settings.txt file due to an error.It will be solved in next version
DOWNLOADS:206

1.1(beta,only on request)FEATURES AND FIXES:
1.No more ADD CACHE button,PLAY GAME will manage the first time cache calculation and it will enter the game
2.EU3Cache now detects if you delete a mod and the cache is still stored,asking if you want to remove it
3.Fixed the Direct IP bug that deletes setting.txt.It will also create a settings.bak just in case it happens again
4."Are you sure...?" when you delete a cache
TO DO:
1.New Icon
2.A new screen where you can see quotes without have to enter in the game
2.Just ask and we'll see what to add:)

The link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gd3y0yyym1i

The social group:
EU3Cache Group

Last edited:
You might have saved alot of MP players a very big headache, many thanks

Mighty have? Considering all the troubles trustno1, clau24 and I had yesterday this is very welcome and will help everyone playing Multiplayer until Paradox fixes EU3. If they actually do it on the third expansion pack that is...

I use it after having tested the beta versions, and it really is useful. I have 2 mods installed in the same dir, and with this, I dont have to delete and create caches over and over again.

Also, it's pretty fast. You just need to do the first step of creating the cache, then you can relax :rolleyes:

Thanks metaphonia :cool:

Currently testing program and thanks for your effort.

And I'm just curious what programming language and tool do you used to create this program?

Oh simply some Visual Basic lines...it works on delete all caches/copy the one you need in the right place.I thought about that when i played my first MP game and i said:"Why does it have to calculate paths everytime?It calculates everytime the same thing...so if I can find where these paths were calculated,I can copy them elsewhere and get them whenever i need them".

Since i belong to the first testers of this fine small Programm, i hope all will enjoy the way its helping in MP Games. The idea is so simple, i wonder why noone before had it.

Mmm...i see 500 views on this post but very little feedback...i really need it to improve next versions and i hope everyone can help me and tell me if there's something wrong.Together we can make this little application a must:cool:

oh my god did you also all receive an invoice from metaphonia charging 500 euro for using his program?? :rofl:

Just kidding! Tried it for more mods now, working fine and rehosts run fast.

I wonder, does it detect whether you have just installed a new patch or beta and behave acordingly? It would need to delete an obsolete cache and let the game generate a fresh one.

I wonder, does it detect whether you have just installed a new patch or beta and behave acordingly? It would need to delete an obsolete cache and let the game generate a fresh one.

Oh finally I find someone that brings a good idea:)
No,it does not detect new patches:you must delete the old cache and add the new one.I can add this feature in new version.Thank you...i really want to make it almost perfect:p

Anyway,anyone knows how i can get the exact version?In the registry maybe?I found 3.2 beta is 3.1.1 or something like that

Last edited:
You can see the checksums and .exe dates for each version in a sticky thread at the top of the Tech Support forum.

You can see the checksums and .exe dates for each version in a sticky thread at the top of the Tech Support forum.

Mmm...maybe i can use the date of eu3game.exe to see if the version has changed since last time you used the EU3Cache...and then ask if you want the program deletes all caches in EU3Cache(even the mods ones)

Status
Not open for further replies.