• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now time to work on new feature i think:rolleyes:
So our MP games group had a problem some weeks ago: one of the players had a problem in loading and after some time we discovered it was caused by savegame dimension!Then we find a savegame trimmer...so i thought:"EU3Cache is mainly for multiplayer use and some of us may not have the best computer of the world so...time to add a TRIMMER"

So I'm working on it...and I'll have plenty of time next month(I'VE BEEN FIRED:mad:).

That would be great! Anything that helps MP games is always welcome.
I'll never forget the hundreds of reloads with IN patch 3.0, every 5 years an OOS message appeared. After playing a session of 50 years I felt like drinking some whisky to calm down :p

So I'm working on it...and I'll have plenty of time next month(I'VE BEEN FIRED).
Sorry to hear that.. I'm sure you'll find another, better and more interesting job soon;)

btw For all you MP fans I created a WWM-minimod "Independent Nations" where everyone can start as smaller nations in all the regions of the world. Feel free to check it out
http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443129

Last edited:
As we all know,one of the most boring things in multiplayer games in EU3 is the correct checksum

Delete the cache,enter the game,"calculating paths" then exit the game.Re-enter and finally you can play...do you want to never do it again?

This application allows to manage caches(which gives correct checksum),so "calculating paths" will be done only ONCE e you can re-use it everytime you want to play

You only need to:
1)copy the file in your EU3 directory and execute the file
2)choose your game version in the list and then press ADD CACHE
3)EU3 will start...when it has finish loading,close it immediately and press OK on the message box
These 3 steps must be done only ONCE...from now on you only have to follow the next steps
4)now choose again the game version in the list and then press PLAY THIS GAME
5)and now PLAY EU3 with the correct checksum
You can even delete unused cache stored by program using DELETE CACHE

The application is still in beta testing(even if it has been already tested and hope there are no problems).It can be used as substitute of EU3 launcher.

Hope it can be useful for the entire EU3 community.For suggestions,congratulations or problems,do not hesitate in posting here or contacting me on Skype(find me with same nick)

PS:at the first use it could be slow in loading,because it's going to delete all mod caches(to optimize the waiting time in next uses),so don't worry if it seems blocked

PPS:do you think it can work even with other Paradox games?I don't know because I have only EU3 Complete...but if you say it works the same way,i'll try them with demo

0.9 Features and Fixes:
1.There's a problem about deleting mod caches.Now it seems fixed
2.Direct IP: write the host IP(if you're playing in direct ip,obviously) and you will find it when you join the game. No more alt-tab or writing IP on paper for guys with no memory like me:)
3.Version Compatibility: it will check if EU3 version is changed. If so, it asks to delete all EU3Cache saved previously to avoid compatibility problem. It's recommended to answer "OK".
Still no new graphics...this version it's only to solve the mod caches problem. So please download it
Problems and Bugs
1.First time it will say you have a new EU3 patch...just press CANCEL,it will be solved in next version.Thanks

The link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ugzwtnzonhn

Very helpful. Thanks a lot.

Ok,I was working on a new feature and new graphics...now we are in alpha testing and I hope everything is ready for the end of January.My testers are working hard as usual:cool:

And finally it comes,new EU3Cache:

1.0 FEATURES AND FIXES:
1.New Graphics(much better than my horrible one)
2.Automatic "Add Cache":just press "Add Cache" and the program will open EU3,"calculating paths",close EU3 and save the calculated caches
3.Quotes on waiting times:see what most important people from 1399 to 1821 have to say
4.Fixed a bug on version compatibility

The link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?gd3y0yyym1i

Last edited:
Hmm... So, I can't choose what version to use it with, only Vanilla, and after I've ran it the first time I can't start the game. I'm stuck at the cache manager waiting screen... Maybe it's just a temp thing. I'll delete the folders and re-dl it.

Hmm... So, I can't choose what version to use it with, only Vanilla, and after I've ran it the first time I can't start the game. I'm stuck at the cache manager waiting screen... Maybe it's just a temp thing. I'll delete the folders and re-dl it.

Do you put the file in eu3 directory(the same of eu3game.exe)?It will read every mod you have if they are installed correctly.It could be the first time will take a bit as I've already said...but only if you have a lot of mod and then a lot of caches:it will delete them all to optimize your disk space.
Also if you have Vista be sure to give administrator access as it will go to read/copy/delete files

If you just keep having error just tell me what exactly happens(if it gives any message error)and I'll try to fix it

Yup. Both the Cache Manager and the eu3game.exe file are located in the same folder. Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III

My cache is newly deleted and re-upped and I'm not playing with mods, so it shouldn't take that long. I don't get any error, It just keeps loading and loading.

Not running Vista (thank god for that).

Yup. Both the Cache Manager and the eu3game.exe file are located in the same folder. Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III

My cache is newly deleted and re-upped and I'm not playing with mods, so it shouldn't take that long. I don't get any error, It just keeps loading and loading.

Not running Vista (thank god for that).

Mmm...can you choose only "ADD CACHE" button?It seems quite strange it keeps on loading,it has to open the game...

Yes, firstly I could only press "ADD CACHE", started, it worked, got back to desktop. Pressed "Play Game" and nothing happened.
It's solved now though, I don't know how, or why, or what happened, but I'm thankful I don't have the problem anymore.
Now I only have to update the game itself to 4.1b.. I do not like the nasty casus belli rampage after loading a saved game..

Thank you!

Yes, firstly I could only press "ADD CACHE", started, it worked, got back to desktop. Pressed "Play Game" and nothing happened.
It's solved now though, I don't know how, or why, or what happened, but I'm thankful I don't have the problem anymore.
Now I only have to update the game itself to 4.1b.. I do not like the nasty casus belli rampage after loading a saved game..

Thank you!

It's the second time i hear about a problem like yours...maybe it's a problem of refresh:you firstly "ADD CACHE" then when it ends its work try to click again on the cache you choose(Vanilla in your case)and then "PLAY GAME".Maybe there's something that is not refreshing during "ADD CACHE".I'll look for it and when you update your game,tell me if the version compatibility works good:D

Finally EU3 Cache Manager reached 100 downloads:D

I want to thank you all and hope you are enjoying your fast clean caches.
Also there's no major bug so I've done a good job this time.;)

Found one major bug:the direct IP seems to totally delete the settings.txt file due to an error.DO NOT USE IT ANYMORE until next version will be out.I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

New version will be released maybe this summer,hoping I have some ideas until then.These are my last ideas for enhancing EU3Cache:

-It will solve the last(and only it seems)bug that deletes settings.txt if you use Direct IP function.It won't happen anymore and it also creates a settings.bak if something wrong happens again.

-If you delete a mod,EU3Cache will detect it at next start and will ask you if you want to delete its now useless cache(if it exists)

-The ADD CACHE button will be removed:just press PLAY GAME and EU3Cache will detect if the cache is already stored.
If yes it will start the game as usual.
Else it will start the game to calculate the cache,exit the game,store the cache and restart the game.Easier than before eh?

Bring you ideas and I will see if I can implement it.
PS to Azotin:no naked girls,I've tried again to talk with my graphic designer and now I'm on her black list:rofl:

EU3Cache last version is reaching 150 downloads(the first only reached 50 or something like that).Thank you all again

WE ARE IN BETA TESTING!If you want you can request the beta,PM me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.