• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Descartes

Lt. General
42 Badges
Oct 12, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 200k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I'm releasing a beta version of Imperium 2.0. It's far from finished, but at least it's stable. I've included a couple of things that I haven't mentioned in any DDs yet, so it should be pretty interesting to try it out. ;)

When it comes to bug reports, please focus on actual game breakers. I know there's a lot of flaws, such as missing flags, copy-paste cultures, weird wealth values and even more weird population values, but none of should cause any crashes.

Special thanks to Duke of Bavaria (characters), Meothar (flags) and Vanin (country colours).

DOWNLOAD HERE

Works with Vae Victis 2.2. You might have to clear the map cache before you play (open <game dir>/map/cache and delete everything except the province textures folder, the game will regenerate it automatically).

Last edited:
30/09, 23h59. Didn't he said the mod was to be released in september? ;)

By the way, any estimation for a "finished" -to use your words- version of the mod?

I promised! :D
I'll probably release a "more finished" version pretty soon. Just wanted to give you the chance to play around with the new map, and give me some feedback.

Works fine on 2.1, not sure about 2.2 beta.

Had a quick whirl as one of the Corsican nations, new flags look great and no crashes.

A couple of things I noticed during my brief play time:
1) the position of the building construction symbol for the northern Corsican province was out in the Sea.

2) This might be a lot of work but with the new unit names, would it be possible to put in brackets the "english" name or an english abbreviation. Sometimes it can be hard to tell what is what when the game is so "rich" in different languages. Maybe its just me but I have found this a problem in other games and mods to.

3) Once again this might be a lot of work for little reward but on the start screen are you able to apply your modding
skills to put a slider at the bookmark section. As you add more they disappear under other buttons making them useless for modding in there current state.

Excellent work as usual Descartes.

what fixed the crashing upon start up for me was clearing out the old imperium mod from my mod folder then just redownloading it.

Though now that i got it working it's not very playable.
i'm running using the newest 2.2 beta
only italian peninsula is seen and that's all that's available.

lots of other features appear to be broken that i don't want to go off listing.
Think it could be because my game is the most recent 2.2 beta?

is it compatable with the newest patch version?
Yes.

1) the position of the building construction symbol for the northern Corsican province was out in the Sea.
Will fix.

2) This might be a lot of work but with the new unit names, would it be possible to put in brackets the "english" name or an english abbreviation. Sometimes it can be hard to tell what is what when the game is so "rich" in different languages. Maybe its just me but I have found this a problem in other games and mods to.

Good point. I'm not sure I'll even have the "exotic" names in future versions, as I've given up the idea of changing culture as the country develops (which is the only way to change unit names). Since this means that the Romans will either have Celeres or Equites for the whole period, I guess I might just as well call them Knights. Using English for the units could still give a culture-specific feeling; For example, I would call the Egyptian heavy cavalry unit Chariots. If I found an Egyptian term for chariot, no one would understand it anyway.

3) Once again this might be a lot of work for little reward but on the start screen are you able to apply your modding
skills to put a slider at the bookmark section. As you add more they disappear under other buttons making them useless for modding in there current state.
Oh, I forgot about that. It's very easily fixed, so don't worry. :)

Excellent work as usual Descartes.
:)

Imperium 2.0 Mod crashes soon as I tried to launch it. Previous Imperium Mods worked fine and are excellent!
First, make sure you play Vae Victis 2.2. If it still doesn't work, try clearing your map cache (open map/cache and delete everything except the province texture folder, the game will regenerate it automatically).

what fixed the crashing upon start up for me was clearing out the old imperium mod from my mod folder then just redownloading it.
Did you merge the old folder with the new one? :eek:

only italian peninsula is seen and that's all that's available.
Well, I haven't included anything else than the Italian peninsula.

lots of other features appear to be broken that i don't want to go off listing.
Bring it. ;)

Last edited:
Great stuff, looking forward to giving it a go, although, it'll probably have to wait till tomorrow :(

lol well i'm going to keep in mind this is a beta and i am going to props for what you've done.

and keeping in mind i haven't slept in 24 hours i will have to write this another day lol

Heh, game froze, Jan 29 214 AVC :(

Having trouble closing the application as well. Might be because I have dual monitors running though.
Oh. How many (ingame) years had you played by then?

First thing i noticed was this little graphic bug
That's because I haven't done anything about the colour map yet. I wouldn't call it a bug, since it's deliberately unfinished.

I know the pop values are far from realistic and probably a bit imbalanced, but Veii shouldn't have eight times your army size. According to pop values, your army should consist of at least 4000 men if they're playing around with 8000. How did that happen? :(

Okay, now I know what's the problem. I've added a larger garrison to Rome, which reduces local manpower. I suppose you could open 31 - Veii.txt and add garrison_1000 = yes and garrison_2000 = yes there as well.

What did you think of the characters btw? I made a couple of changes. :)

Love to see them in the game, though i think it a little weird that some family name end on -i others on -us. Also Romulus still living when Numa is reigning is a little weird. But that is surely my fault. :(
Really would like to do some more work on them but i should do work for Uni. Also seeing in which state Imperium is ATM i think i am quite far advanced with the chars, as i have the Macedons, Kypselids and even some Persians covered already. Lots of work left in Rome , Carthago and Greece , i know... :(

They aren't completely finished, I know, but don't worry - the errors are small and easily corrected. Btw, the families ending on -us should disappear once all families mentioned in your files have been added to cultures.txt (I've only added a few).