• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All the necessary cache files is a tricky question. I've not made it a habit to memorize what there should be. The cache folder is filled with paths however and I can also add that the game loads it creates textures.

As for the mod itself that seems to crash if I try to load period until I cleared the cache again. However it too now dies when I click single player.

I'd just assume my game has been corrupted on me some how and will have to reinstall, again, as par Darthvegeta800's point.

Thanks you two.

Hi, I just had the honor to experience the same bug.

1. My Imperium 2.1 freezes in 526, 26 March. No idea why. Imperium crashed some times before, but with a bit more or less excesive reloading it still went fine. Now it always CTDs.

2. So I wanted to try the normal game again. Loading, dc. Deleting cache. Loading, ok. Single Player, dc. One thing i saw was that after deleting the cache, everytime after it CTDs from clicking on Single Player, the game everytime calculate the map path new. Other than that, I sadly cannot say more :/

1. Try pausing on the 25th and search for suspicious-looking civil war factions, nations with no culture or anything that you find unnormal. Then try to fix them manually by editing the save file (using Notepad).

2. It's very hard for me to say why your game crashes, when I can delete my own cache several times a day without getting any crashes at all. I have no idea. :(

religion="noreligion"

This is at a character. Could this be the cause?

Sadly it did not help.

The only other thing which I saw was the tech level.

Savegame:

ruler=610728
land_tech=0
naval_tech=0
construction_tech=0
civic_tech=0
religious_tech=0

Ingame:

Everything is 5(!)

Since they are pretty close to 1 at 01.01.526 with their tech ( 0 96.180), it MIGHT be that going to 1 while they already have 5 causes the crash.

I am not sure how I can change the ingame tech :x

That works. But now they have tech 6 while everybody else has 1. ^^

Btw, after trying Imperium again, I had the same CTD problem again.

There is no "noculture" and "noreligion" was changed to chieftain, in my first try to solve the problem. It did however not help.

Does it look like a civil war is going to break out somewhere? If so, load the game with the affected nation, and try to prevent it. (Yes, I'm running out of ideas. :( )

Well, there already was one (Venetian). The rebels had the 5 tech modifier which caused the problems.

Oh. Well, you could always try removing the rebels from the map (by editing owners and controllers of affected provinces). Btw, I noticed that the history file of the Veneti was actually called "Venetian rebels" - which is incorrect. Something is strange about the Veneti.

Sure I could. But I am much more intrested why only the Venetian rebels had 5 more tech than others altough 0 was in the file^^

Btw, what's up with

042 = "countries/Region Scheisse.txt"
043 = "countries/Region Scheisse Revolt.txt"

I mean shit.txt in englisch? ^^

Last edited:
I have not modded them out yet, I'll do that tomorrow after work.

The game now is EXTREMLY unstable. Clicking away a message - CTD, clicking pause - CTD.

Ok, I did mod them out.

The game is much more stable. It took more than one year to CTD.

I can. But the game still crashes rather often.