+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: First beta for Imperium 2.0 released

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blimey! Does it happen every time you play in 214 AUC?
    Previously worked on Imperium, a mod for Rome: Vae Victis.

Quote Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
    They aren't completely finished, I know, but don't worry - the errors are small and easily corrected. Btw, the families ending on -us should disappear once all families mentioned in your files have been added to cultures.txt (I've only added a few).
    Like this :

Code:
    	family = {
    		Aemilius.Aemilia
                    Aebutius.Aebutia
    		Antonius.Antonia
                    Antius.Antia
    		Atilius.Atilia
    		Atius.Atia
    		Aufidius.Aufidia
    		Aurelius.Aurelia
    		Caecilius.Caecilia
    		Calpurnius.Calpurnia
    		Cassius.Cassia
    		Claudius.Claudia
    		Clodius.Clodia
    		Cloelius.Cloelia
                    Cominius.Cominia
    		Cornelius.Cornelia
    		Domitius.Domitia
    		Fabius.Fabia
    		Flavius.Flavia
                    Fulcinius.Fulcinia
    		Fulvius.Fulvia
    		Furius.Furia
    		Gabinius.Gabinia
    		Galerius.Galeria
                    Geganius.Gegania
                    Herminius.Herminia
    		Horatius.Horatia
    		Hostilius.Hostilia
    		Julius.Julia
    		Junius.Junia
    		Larcius.Larcia
                    Lartius.Lartia
    		Licinius.Licinia
    		Livius.Livia
    		Lucius.Lucia
    		Lucretius.Lucretia
    		Maelius.Maelia
    		Mamilius.Mamilia
    		Manlius.Manlia
    		Marcius.Marcia
    		Marius.Maria
                    Mucius.Mucia
    		Memmius.Memmia
                    Menenius.Menenia
                    Minucius.Minucia
    		Nigidius.Nigidia
    		Octavius.Octavia
    		Papirius.Papiria
    		Plinius.Plinia
    		Pompilius.Pompilia
    		Postumius.Postumia
    		Pompeius.Pompeia
    		Rabirius.Rabiria
                    Roscius.Roscia
    		Quinctius.Quinctia
    		Quirinius.Quirinia
    		Salvius.Salvia
    		Scribonius.Scribonia
    		Sempronius.Sempronia
    		Sertorius.Sertoria
                    Servilius.Servilia
                    Sicius.Sicia
                    Sulpicius.Sulpicia
    		Silius.Silia
    		Tarquinius.Tarquinia
                    Tolumnus.Tolumna
    		Tatius.Tatia
    		Titius.Titia
    		Tullius.Tullia
    		Ulpius.Ulpia
    		Valerius.Valeria
                    Verginius.Verginia
                    Veturius.Veturia
    		Vesuvius.Vesuvia
    		Vinicius.Vinicia
    		Viridius.Viridia
    		Vitellius.Vitellia

Guess you also need this common\families folder then : http://www.2shared.com/file/8157482/.../families.html
    Last edited by Duke of Bavaria; 01-10-2009 at 15:09.
    Read my first AAR: Wittelsbach- A CK AAR
    http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...d.php?t=293636

Game freeze

Quote Originally Posted by Dagda View Post
    Was only able to play a few days. Used the earliest start date scenario.

I tried to start at different starting date, and the game freeze after one or two month.

i was mighty close to going to bed, but i guess i'm doing an all nighter tonight, work tomorrow is going to be terrible.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So far nothing but freezes, and that pretty early, just a few months in, too. Both times it has frozen when I have pressed the "Fine!" button when an announcement from foreign powers concerning an alliance or annexation etc. Quite odd.

Still, amazing work, and this is just the beta, once it is complete it will be a joy to play.

Well I play on 2.1, and it seems the starting date do nothing, what ever i choose it's always take me to most early starting date scenrio. For some reason(maybe you mentiond it earlier sorry if you did) Only Italy is avialbe. Rome is weak and pathtic, with no real economay and aggresive neigbohrs with 12+ cohorts i have no chance to win a single province. And every one are gurntee every one...so Every small war turns to a real Italian world war. Plus none of the fetures you promised are included. Well i hope you come up with a finished version .
    "VENI VIDI VICI"
    GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Wolf View Post
    Well I play on 2.1, and it seems the starting date do nothing, what ever i choose it's always take me to most early starting date scenrio. For some reason(maybe you mentiond it earlier sorry if you did) Only Italy is avialbe. Rome is weak and pathtic, with no real economay and aggresive neigbohrs with 12+ cohorts i have no chance to win a single province. And every one are gurntee every one...so Every small war turns to a real Italian world war. Plus none of the fetures you promised are included. Well i hope you come up with a finished version .
    If you want to help Descartes, I'm sure he would be glad. Not reading what was said before and then complaining is a bit lame.

Great work Descartes, the speed with which your project advances is incredible!
    Can't test the mod because I wont have a good graphics card until September 2010. But until then you might be finished So it's worth the waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
    Blimey! Does it happen every time you play in 214 AUC?
    Also froze in the 1st month of the 245 start.

Quote Originally Posted by humpelheinz View Post
    If you want to help Descartes, I'm sure he would be glad. Not reading what was said before and then complaining is a bit lame.

Great work Descartes, the speed with which your project advances is incredible!
    Can't test the mod because I wont have a good graphics card until September 2010. But until then you might be finished So it's worth the waiting
    Hold your horses fanboy,You maybe misunderstood, I did not compliand, nor did i say i didnt read anything. I only said iam not sure if a specific arugement i threw was posted before. Stop been a fanboy...we are all here to promote this AWESOME(!) Mod. And Descartes which i play his Imperium mod the second it got realsed.
    Last edited by Star_Wolf; 02-10-2009 at 04:17.
    "VENI VIDI VICI"
    GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

He never said that the whole map would be finished upon first release. He never said that this is the final version. It is a BETA for a reason. I can sure see many of the features he has showed earlier, such as 2 consuls, language instead of cultures and so on. And Rome wasn't really a powerhouse back when it was a kingdom, and not when it was a republic before the Samnite Wars either.

I dont complain either, i just think that this Beta lives up to its name, as it isnt very good for a real game, but you can use it decently for bugfixing. I am just a little disappointed because i thought 2.0 was about to come out with all the promised options around this time. But i am sure no one would ever really complain or push Decartes, because lets be honest: Without his awesome work noone would play Rome by now anymore.

P.S. And Starwolf has a point: With the current setup its not even possible to survive as Rome, even if you would ignore that lots of very necessary option of the game are missing, as you are run over by huge stacks in a few years.

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

I've done some playtesting, and it seems you're right. The mod is not as stable as I thought. I guess I was extremely lucky when I tested it before the release, because I was able to play for at least 20 years (this time it crashed after 9) before I stopped playing.
    I think the crashes are caused by some of the civil war factions, so I'll start searching for errors asap. Btw, it's good to see some people can take it for what it is: a beta release.

Thanks a lot for the family names, Duke.

No problem, its an honour for me to free you up time to get this mod better.

Your excellency the Duke of Bavaria, the honour is mine.

Enough, now get back to work and dont troll the Magna Terra thread all the time. Well you are allowed to, if its for implementation reasons.

Yes sir!

first imperium game

I tried to start the game in a lot of different time and always get a freeze crash after one month, then i tried to start on the years 31, when romulus is old enough to be useful, and i manage to play for 20 years before its freeze.

Here is what i found, dont worry i think your game i really great and i just want to help , sorry for the spelling im a french from québec

The garrison taking you manpower prevents you from having any manpower, and its the same with the province you manage to conquer. i succeded in taking 7 province but i was not getting stronger because i could only rely on mercenary and i started to have no more to hire with time.

Maybe you already know, but when you load a saved game, all the diplomacy like alliance and tribute vanished and everyone is neutral, and war are stopped.

You are doing an awesome job and i wish this is somehow useful for you

I'll do something about the garrisons for sure. It felt logical to reduce local manpower with 1000 when the garrison increases with 1000, but it's not good for balance.
    And no, I didn't know diplomatic relations disappeared when you loaded a save game. That's weird!

On 2.1 you cant advance from the start date 1.1.1.

Also the new flags look great, good work Meothar

Hmmm I tried taking a look at the mod out of curiosity, but now I can't seem to load my vanilla game. At first rome was crashing every time I turned it on, so I cleared the map cache. Now it loads, but will crash if I click on single player. I can't say that it was caused by the mod, but it was the last thing I did before trouble. Anyone have a suggestion?

I'd add that this small trouble aside, I look forward to the final result, been checking daily for the last couple months on progress. Keep up the good work and enjoy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast