+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: First beta for Imperium 2.0 released

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Arrow First beta for Imperium 2.0 released

I'm releasing a beta version of Imperium 2.0. It's far from finished, but at least it's stable. I've included a couple of things that I haven't mentioned in any DDs yet, so it should be pretty interesting to try it out.

When it comes to bug reports, please focus on actual game breakers. I know there's a lot of flaws, such as missing flags, copy-paste cultures, weird wealth values and even more weird population values, but none of should cause any crashes.

Special thanks to Duke of Bavaria (characters), Meothar (flags) and Vanin (country colours).

DOWNLOAD HERE

Works with Vae Victis 2.2. You might have to clear the map cache before you play (open <game dir>/map/cache and delete everything except the province textures folder, the game will regenerate it automatically).
    Last edited by Descartes; 18-10-2009 at 13:51.
    Previously worked on Imperium, a mod for Rome: Vae Victis.

L'Empire, c'est la paix! Emp_Palpatine's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

30/09, 23h59. Didn't he said the mod was to be released in september?

By the way, any estimation for a "finished" -to use your words- version of the mod?
    "Votre Hugo est fou avec son "Napoléon le petit". Napoléon le petit, c'est celui de la Colonne."
    Victor Cousin

Petite balade dans le Dixie Land: Hurrah for the Bonnie blue flag that bears the Single StAAR!
    C'est reparti comme en 14: la VictoAAR en chantant!

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

I promised!
    I'll probably release a "more finished" version pretty soon. Just wanted to give you the chance to play around with the new map, and give me some feedback.

the game crashes the second i start it up.

is it compatable with the newest patch version?

Works fine on 2.1, not sure about 2.2 beta.

Had a quick whirl as one of the Corsican nations, new flags look great and no crashes.

A couple of things I noticed during my brief play time:
    1) the position of the building construction symbol for the northern Corsican province was out in the Sea.

2) This might be a lot of work but with the new unit names, would it be possible to put in brackets the "english" name or an english abbreviation. Sometimes it can be hard to tell what is what when the game is so "rich" in different languages. Maybe its just me but I have found this a problem in other games and mods to.

3) Once again this might be a lot of work for little reward but on the start screen are you able to apply your modding
    skills to put a slider at the bookmark section. As you add more they disappear under other buttons making them useless for modding in there current state.

Excellent work as usual Descartes.

Imperium 2.0 Mod

Imperium 2.0 Mod crashes soon as I tried to launch it. Previous Imperium Mods worked fine and are excellent!

what fixed the crashing upon start up for me was clearing out the old imperium mod from my mod folder then just redownloading it.

Though now that i got it working it's not very playable.
    i'm running using the newest 2.2 beta
    only italian peninsula is seen and that's all that's available.

lots of other features appear to be broken that i don't want to go off listing.
    Think it could be because my game is the most recent 2.2 beta?

Quote Originally Posted by 2146 View Post
    is it compatable with the newest patch version?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardradi View Post
    1) the position of the building construction symbol for the northern Corsican province was out in the Sea.
    Will fix.

2) This might be a lot of work but with the new unit names, would it be possible to put in brackets the "english" name or an english abbreviation. Sometimes it can be hard to tell what is what when the game is so "rich" in different languages. Maybe its just me but I have found this a problem in other games and mods to.

Good point. I'm not sure I'll even have the "exotic" names in future versions, as I've given up the idea of changing culture as the country develops (which is the only way to change unit names). Since this means that the Romans will either have Celeres or Equites for the whole period, I guess I might just as well call them Knights. Using English for the units could still give a culture-specific feeling; For example, I would call the Egyptian heavy cavalry unit Chariots. If I found an Egyptian term for chariot, no one would understand it anyway.

3) Once again this might be a lot of work for little reward but on the start screen are you able to apply your modding
    skills to put a slider at the bookmark section. As you add more they disappear under other buttons making them useless for modding in there current state.
    Oh, I forgot about that. It's very easily fixed, so don't worry.

Excellent work as usual Descartes.

Quote Originally Posted by legatus123 View Post
    Imperium 2.0 Mod crashes soon as I tried to launch it. Previous Imperium Mods worked fine and are excellent!
    First, make sure you play Vae Victis 2.2. If it still doesn't work, try clearing your map cache (open map/cache and delete everything except the province texture folder, the game will regenerate it automatically).

Quote Originally Posted by 2146 View Post
    what fixed the crashing upon start up for me was clearing out the old imperium mod from my mod folder then just redownloading it.
    Did you merge the old folder with the new one?

only italian peninsula is seen and that's all that's available.
    Well, I haven't included anything else than the Italian peninsula.

lots of other features appear to be broken that i don't want to go off listing.
    Bring it.
    Last edited by Descartes; 01-10-2009 at 09:28.

Heh, game froze, Jan 29 214 AVC

Having trouble closing the application as well. Might be because I have dual monitors running though.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia
    EU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Great stuff, looking forward to giving it a go, although, it'll probably have to wait till tomorrow
    'What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an Angel, in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals! And yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust?

Faith in Humanity Meter - ||||||||||
    The Ink Well

lol well i'm going to keep in mind this is a beta and i am going to props for what you've done.

and keeping in mind i haven't slept in 24 hours i will have to write this another day lol

First thing i noticed was this little graphic bug:
    Read my first AAR: Wittelsbach- A CK AAR
    http://www.europa-universalis.com/fo...d.php?t=293636

Quote Originally Posted by Dagda View Post
    Heh, game froze, Jan 29 214 AVC

Having trouble closing the application as well. Might be because I have dual monitors running though.
    Oh. How many (ingame) years had you played by then?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Bavaria View Post
    First thing i noticed was this little graphic bug
    That's because I haven't done anything about the colour map yet. I wouldn't call it a bug, since it's deliberately unfinished.

Just got run over by Veii, They had 8000 troops while i had 1000 :-(

Not much fun to play ATM, you should get your new ideas in ASAP. Too bad i dont have time to help you ATM but be sure that i will tell you as soon as i can.
    Last edited by Duke of Bavaria; 01-10-2009 at 14:09.

I know the pop values are far from realistic and probably a bit imbalanced, but Veii shouldn't have eight times your army size. According to pop values, your army should consist of at least 4000 men if they're playing around with 8000. How did that happen?

Just let it run with Numa Pompilius as King for about 10 years without doing anything, so i might have squeezed out a bigger army in that time, but surely not 8000. In my second game i started with Romulus and Veii came running at me with 12.000 men after 10 years.

Okay, now I know what's the problem. I've added a larger garrison to Rome, which reduces local manpower. I suppose you could open 31 - Veii.txt and add garrison_1000 = yes and garrison_2000 = yes there as well.

What did you think of the characters btw? I made a couple of changes.

Love to see them in the game, though i think it a little weird that some family name end on -i others on -us. Also Romulus still living when Numa is reigning is a little weird. But that is surely my fault.
    Really would like to do some more work on them but i should do work for Uni. Also seeing in which state Imperium is ATM i think i am quite far advanced with the chars, as i have the Macedons, Kypselids and even some Persians covered already. Lots of work left in Rome , Carthago and Greece , i know...

They aren't completely finished, I know, but don't worry - the errors are small and easily corrected. Btw, the families ending on -us should disappear once all families mentioned in your files have been added to cultures.txt (I've only added a few).

Quote Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
    Oh. How many (ingame) years had you played by then?
    Was only able to play a few days. Used the earliest start date scenario.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast