• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
10 June 1940: War Against the Allies; Tour of Europe

On 10 June Italy declared war on the Allies.

Exactly three months later, France fell to a three-way invasion (mostly from Spain).

frar.jpg

IFREJm9.jpg

Caption: Courage Wolf/Europe tour

3 January 1941: Poland

polwz.jpg

8 March 1941: Hungary, Switzerland

swih.jpg

27 July 1941: Greece, Bulgaria, Turkey

f5D1fER.jpg

Caption (Leonidas): This.../Is...

ZmJ4eRa.jpg

Caption: ...no.

turl.jpg

7 January 1942: Romania, Persia

perio.jpg

1 May 1942: Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia

balt.jpg

24 December 1942: England

engm.jpg

Carriers!

98143967.png

11 March 1943: Ireland

ire.jpg

combatxp.png

Last edited:
11 August 1943: War Against the Soviet Union

11 August 1943: Stalin's Office

Minister of Foreign Affairs Maksim Litvinov: Stalin! We have urgent news from Italy!

Stalin: Have they accepted our 134th proposal to join the Comintern?

Litvinov: No. In fact, they have declared war on us.

Stalin: What!

Disposition of Forces

Roughly speaking, there are four fronts in this war.

sovnorth.jpg

The north front. My militia are spread fairly thin here.

sovsouth.jpg

The south front. Again, a thin spread of militia.

caucasus.jpg

The Caucasus. Due to the terrain, this front will be harder to attack from, but also easier to defend.

centralasia.jpg

(Missing image.)
Central Asia. Probably my strongest front--I have tanks here fresh from conquering India and Siam.

Last edited:
Industry and Military

sovindustry.png

My rate of production is greater than that of the Soviet Union. However, this a relatively recent development--the Soviet Union has had years to build up its military, and has had greater industrial capacity than mine for most of them.

sovarmy.png

I've started experimenting with tanks. In retrospect I should have used Armor instead of Light Armor. Oh well.

sovair.png

I have a decent number of interceptors, but little else.

Technology and Leadership

My real advantage is in technology. I have over 80(!) leadership--this allows me to research nearly every tech I am interested in continuously. As a result I am far ahead of historical year.

sovindustrialtech.png

Education and Computing Machine techs are my most advanced techs--having always researched them continuously, they are now approaching late 1950s levels in 1943! Also note the huge levels of some of my knowledge levels.

sovtankspeed.png

My land techs are also quite advanced. Thanks to techs, my tanks are quite speedy.

sovcommand.png

After years of war, I finally have some decent leaders.

26 February 1944: After the First Winter

midnorth.jpg

The most desperate front is the north. One division has been trapped at the port province of Tallinn, but strangely the Soviet Union is not making any attack on them. For a while the main line here was in danger of collapse, but the timely arrival of fresh Light and Heavy Armor divisions have stabilized the line.

midsouth.jpg

The south is not so great either. My Militia are holding on, but only just.

midcau.jpg

The Caucasus is roughly even. To shorten my line I allowed the Soviets to advance in some parts and pushed them back in others.

midcentralasia.jpg

The good news is the Central Asian front. I've made great gains on the banks of the Caspian.

middiplo.jpg

In world news, Japan is actually winning against China for once.

14 July 1944: Turning the Tide

latenorth.jpg

With the addition of even more armored divisions, I've started pocketing Soviet forces in the north and reversing their gains.

latesouth.jpg

A bit less so in the south. I've raced a few Light Armor divisions forward to take Sevestapol.

latecau.jpg

Gains continue around the Caspian despite increased resistance. I've shortened the line in the far east in order to concentrate on the Caspian area.

Last edited:
10 October 1944: The End?

endy.png

(Image lost.)

After a few months of repeated encirclements, the Soviet army has been exhausted. Resistance has been all but eliminated in the north, and Italian light armored divisions from Central Asia have cut a path hundreds of kilometers wide through the Soviet Union, cutting off the entire south and Caucasus fronts. Elements of this push have reached the outskirts of Moscow. It appears that the ultimate defeat of the Soviet Union is imminent.

Or is it?

A Secret Underground Base Midway Between Moscow and Berlin

Stalin: So it has come to this. The Italian menace has destroyed both our countries. What hope have we now?

Hitler: We shall have our revenge! My remaining scientists have created a vengeance weapon that will reverse the course of this war! Bring in the Vergeltungswaffen.

(Several scientists wheel in a large contraption, labeled "V-1.3".)

Hitler: This device shall alter the space-time continuum to negate the wrongs that have been inflicted on us!

(Hitler presses the big red button on the machine. A rift in the space-time continuum opens overhead and begins to swallow everything. Within it, a pair of figures appear. One holds a microphone, the other a trophy of some sort.)

pYLuCq9.jpg

Caption (Kanye): Yo Italy I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish/But 1.3 is going to be one of the greatest patches of all time

Last edited: