• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
7 October 1938: An Interlude
cominterninvite.png

factionb.png

MUkt3EW.jpg

Caption (Stalin): LFG
W7UAJvI.jpg

Caption (Insanity Wolf): We should/Join them
dB19hQu.jpg

Caption: No/Why
qU2yrHW.jpg

Caption (Insanity Wolf): They are red/Like me
bmhc8ce.jpg

Caption: You are not red/You are grey like axis
cAZYBuT.jpg

Caption: Then join axis/They do things we can't talk about on the forums
SHjDmsV.jpg

Caption: Hell no/You're lucky I let you pretend to be Mussolini

Last edited:
LOL at the "Not allowed to talk about on the forums", this update actually made me laugh out loud :D

Unfortunately it may be a while until the next update. Assuming I get around to it, you can look forward to:
  • Conclusion of the war again Spain.
  • Invasion of Yugoslavia.
  • German invasion of Poland, followed by a total derailing of World War II.

Uppercut France's ass!

Also: I suggest taking over all of the balkans. I did it in HOI2 as Italy. Once I took Turkey I puppeted it so if I went to war with Russian I would be protected long enough until I could prepare a defense... :D

15 October 1938: The Fall of Spain, Invasion of Yugoslavia

On 15 October 1938 I defeated Spain. They went into Government in Exile. I only got their European provinces though.
europeonly.png

For a defeated country, they sure have good counterintelligence.
counterint.png

I take the opportunity to reorganize my land forces. The African theater is replaced by a Spain theater. I ship the majority of my forces back home.
org2.png

8 January: Time for new conquests!
yugowar.png

The plan.
yugoplan.jpg

Also, 1939 brings new tech:
medicine2.png

m8tllYB.jpg

Caption: Become a causality/Come back twice as strong

(In 1.2 this tech was 100x stronger than intended.)

Army composition:
armyo.png

Last edited:
What is the composition of your divisions? Because if your divisions are four brigades of Militia, at 3000 men each brigade, that makes 4 million 9 hundred and 8 thousand troops in your militia.

4,908,000!!!

All my divs are either HQ or Mil/Mil/Mil/Mil (except for a few odds and ends in Africa). After I get Superior Firepower, I'll go over to HQ/Mil/Mil/Mil/Mil and Mil/Mil/Mil/Mil/Mil. I think it counts brigades, not divisions, but that's still well over a million people. Of course, they're divided across several fronts. But it's still early in the game; I expect the rate of growth to increase.

I have a bit more time than I thought, which is why I was able to do a couple more updates. This may be the last for a while though.

6 April 1939: The End of Yugoslavia

Three months later, Yugoslavia is no more.
yugoend.png

If it were just up to me, I would invade France next.
frsw.jpg

frse.jpg

Or take the rest of the Balkans.
balkans.jpg

But there are more pressing matters. We are not the only ones with designs on the world.
gerdiplo.png

PILlXdg.jpg

Caption: There can be/Only one
6L5MFHc.jpg

Caption: The enemy of my enemy/Must also die
gerwar.png

gUMWfDT.jpg

Caption: Defend/Your exclusive right to war
gerinvade.jpg

g25hJ5P.jpg

Caption (Hitler): WTF

Last edited:
lol, I love the two recent updates. Also, IDK if you mean this (I do get the poster itself tho), but becoming a casualty and coming back twice as strong is just becoming normal again... LOL

It seems that the AI doesn't declare war that much; they just join factions which happen to be at war--if I were part of a faction everyone probably would be trying to kill my faction by now. In any case, Italy has a decision to issue an ultimatum to Greece (which I have not triggered) that results in war. Greece is not part of the Allies yet either. As for what to do after Germany, I've not decided yet.

You attacked Germany with HQs? :)

Lol. I thought it's your evil genius plan. :)

A few words on the update situation: I do plan to continue this in some form or another, unless 1.3 does something unexpected (at the very least I imagine fixing the trickleback bug will make WC more difficult). Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have the time to update any more before 1.3 comes out. When 1.3 comes around and I have free time again, I'll decide whether to restart or drop this AAR. Either way, I'll eventually do an update on the results of the war against Germany.

4 March 1940: The Winter War, End of Germany

Unfortunately I lost the intervening saves, so this is going to skip ahead quite a bit.

On 4 March 1940, the Soviet Union declared war on Finland. This was the situation in Germany:

World War II, aka Germany dropping the soap
winterwar.jpg

(Image unfortunately lost.)

g25hJ5P.jpg

On 21 March 1940, Germany went into a government in exile. For a brief moment, Luxembourg became the leader of the Axis.

luxleadaxis.png

g25hJ5P.jpg

But both surrendered soon after.

Still running pure Militia + HQ:

armyendger.png

Last edited: