• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Installation instructions? I have the steam version, so I created a copy and moved it to my "Games" folder with the rest of my modded games.

EDIT: well, I finally found out that I was actually putting the PATCH for Rome in the mod folder rather than the mod itself. You should have heard the sound of my palm hitting my face :<

Last edited:
On inspection of the culture files, why are there Muslim names being used for Berber or African names? Berbers aren't Arabs, especially during this time period. They should be similar to North African cultural group and be exposed to some North Levantine/Greek influence. I mean, even the Arab names fall under the South Levantine cultural group. Numidian culture should be merged into Libyan cultural group in addition to that (which should have Egyptian-Nubian family names rather than anachronistic Muslim Arab names, centuries after this time).

I might give some insights into Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese and Chinese names, and I see quite a bit of anachronisms just by skimming through them. Tibetans, Khmers (Oc Eo/Funan) and Cham (Sa Huynh) would be separate cultural groups. I'll give further input on this issue later.

An example would be that the state for Funan culture would be Nokor Phnom.

The Thais and other related peoples were confined to what is now southwestern China, in what is now modern day Yunnan and Guangxi provinces. They didn't really live in what is now Thailand, that area was mostly inhabited by Austroasiatics related to the Khmers. And the Khmers and Mon should have much larger domains. The Khmers in what is now Laos, Thailand and Cambodia as well as the Mekong Delta. The Mon should be in what is now western Thailand as well as most of Burma. The Sa Huynh (ancestors of the Cham), like I said, should be a subgroup related to the Austronesian peoples, as they had much longer contact with the Indonesian archipelago as well as with India much later on.

Chinese flags should use seal script typical of the Zhou period. Korean Hangul was not in use until the 14th century, and wasn't commonly used until the 19th century. So I'd suggest Korean symbols/motifs for their flags (they could have bears or tigers, the two animals that were the parents of the Korean mythological figure, Dangun Wanggeom).

So for Zhou, it should look something like this (and you also happened to use the wrong character for 'Zhou'):

View attachment 43318

This is the one for Chu, as an another example:

View attachment 43319

Since all Chinese states aside from Minyue were (de jure, not de facto) vassals of the Zhou state, there should be some kind of limitations of a DoW on Zhou and that until all of China is reunified by one state, Zhou should be released through an event.

http://www.hanyi.com.cn/font.jsp?id=199 Here is the link to copy and paste relevant Chinese characters into the search bar and you usually get results.

Last edited:
Why is Picentis the leader of the war against Epirus in the Pyrrhic war scenario? 0.o

ETTAR said:
Why is Picentis the leader of the war against Epirus in the Pyrrhic war scenario? 0.o

Woops, just a bug :)

On inspection of the culture files, why are there Muslim names being used for Berber or African names? Berbers aren't Arabs, especially during this time period. They should be similar to North African cultural group and be exposed to some North Levantine/Greek influence. I mean, even the Arab names fall under the South Levantine cultural group. Numidian culture should be merged into Libyan cultural group in addition to that (which should have Egyptian-Nubian family names rather than anachronistic Muslim Arab names, centuries after this time).

I might give some insights into Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese and Chinese names, and I see quite a bit of anachronisms just by skimming through them. Tibetans, Khmers (Oc Eo/Funan) and Cham (Sa Huynh) would be separate cultural groups. I'll give further input on this issue later.

An example would be that the state for Funan culture would be Nokor Phnom.

The Thais and other related peoples were confined to what is now southwestern China, in what is now modern day Yunnan and Guangxi provinces. They didn't really live in what is now Thailand, that area was mostly inhabited by Austroasiatics related to the Khmers. And the Khmers and Mon should have much larger domains. The Khmers in what is now Laos, Thailand and Cambodia as well as the Mekong Delta. The Mon should be in what is now western Thailand as well as most of Burma. The Sa Huynh (ancestors of the Cham), like I said, should be a subgroup related to the Austronesian peoples, as they had much longer contact with the Indonesian archipelago as well as with India much later on.

I tried to avoid using arab names, so I tried to search only for berber and tuareg names, but these were hard to find for me, the ones I did were modern names which surely have arab influence, but I just don't know enough of it :) Do you think making all of those part of the egypt-nubian culture group (with egyptian-nubian names) are the most correct answer?

The same can be applied to chinese, korean, japanese, vietnamese, mongol names, I took them all for modern names lists.

I'm even more unfamiliar with the situation in Southeast Asia than other places (I'm far away from an historian - more a map modder than goes to wikipedia to research :)). See how oc-eo and mon-khmer are surely misattributed. Southeast Asia lacked countries and I wanted to add them, so I added these and sort of spread them. If you could help me here I would be much appreciated (and I will expand to 476 AD too).

In the next update I'm planning to add Malaysia and a bit of Indonesia, so an austronesian group is very likely - I would love your take on that :). I will open the Malay strait and it will allow Egypt-Japan sea trade but oh well.

Chinese flags should use seal script typical of the Zhou period. Korean Hangul was not in use until the 14th century, and wasn't commonly used until the 19th century. So I'd suggest Korean symbols/motifs for their flags (they could have bears or tigers, the two animals that were the parents of the Korean mythological figure, Dangun Wanggeom).

So for Zhou, it should look something like this (and you also happened to use the wrong character for 'Zhou'):

View attachment 43318

This is the one for Chu, as an another example:

View attachment 43319

Since all Chinese states aside from Minyue were (de jure, not de facto) vassals of the Zhou state, there should be some kind of limitations of a DoW on Zhou and that until all of China is reunified by one state, Zhou should be released through an event.

http://www.hanyi.com.cn/font.jsp?id=199 Here is the link to copy and paste relevant Chinese characters into the search bar and you usually get results.

Again, I copied the characters of the chinese dynasties from wikipedia.
Zhou is tricky to work with. It has a special treatment, but far from perfect. Currently it is allied with all the chinese states, and I have an event to give them gold and increase relations with all chinese states. Also, I have an event to make it reappear if they were annexed and the aggressor did not declare himself Emperor of the East or West (like Qin and Qi did), or if the aggressor did not took most of China, unlocking an event that gives it the Mandate of Heaven flag, effectively destroying Zhou's special treatment.
However the AI is very aggressive in Rome and soon or later Zhou is annexed, then it reappears, and again and again. This was the best I could do.

Many thanks for your welcome and feel free to suggest changes!

Hi - I was just wondering, with the new version the game seems significantly slower, in that a month takes at least three times as long as it does in the original. Is this just to be expected given how much extra stuff there is in the game?

Magna Terra 2011-11-04
This link doesn't work.
Where can I get it?

The link is working for me :confused:

Hi - I was just wondering, with the new version the game seems significantly slower, in that a month takes at least three times as long as it does in the original. Is this just to be expected given how much extra stuff there is in the game?

Yes, it's expected to be that slower compared to original Rome

Should check this corner of the forum more often, absolutely great work Camara and guys!! :)

Now I just have too many nations to choose...

BTW, a thing that has bothered me for pretty long but I've never remembered to ask, may be that you have even changed it as I haven't played since ages but have you noticed that as Parthia has now "unparthian" culture they won't get any manpower from the Seleucid provinces and it creates a little problems? I'd vote for giving a couple of those other tribes next to Parthia parthian culture so they'd have even small circle of "friends" there and late-game-Parthia didn't have minimal manpower.

Hi. Download links from gamefront dont works. Can you add new links? I really want play Europa Universalis: Rome with your mod! ;)

Hi, I'll try to find where I put the files and I'll upload them to somewhere :)

Reactions:
I've been wondering if someone could upload this mod again (if the author allows it). I'm very interested in playing Rome again, but now with this mod.
It would be very good!

Reactions:
Sorry I took so long, here is the link for the last version I made of Magna Terra (back in 2011 :p).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2zen8122tdx8g2b/Magna_Terra_2011_11_4.rar

And the province texture files you may need to run the mod

http://www.mediafire.com/download/cp91ryga49s9916/Province_textures_2011_11_4.rar
does not work for me, i get runtime error. what did i do wrong?

also i'm not sure how to install the province texture files

Never mind I think I fixed it. Works fine now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind I think I fixed it. Works fine now.
how?

Actually, I also fixed it, lol. Turned out I had to delete the contents of the texture folder, before copying the new ones.

Still though, I don't get why caucasian Albania is not playable since the very first date. There are actual records of them taking part in Gaugamela battle. And why do they have Ibero culture? Why is the Caucasus region called Iberia? Wouldn't it be better to call it Caucasia? Anyway, I just opened the game for 5 mins, I have to go sleep now, but I think I'll have to come back here after examining it a bit more.

Last edited:
This mod crashes whenever it says creating world, I know this thread is old but does anyone know how to fix this, I tried using the providence textures they provided already.

Last edited by a moderator: