+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [FIX] Ledger crash page 12 & 24

[FIX] Ledger crash page 12 & 24

After a few minutes of investigating, i have finally solved the Hotfix for the ledger page 12 crash.

This was infact an idiotically small error that could have been solved months ago.

without further ado: here are the files if you want to use this in your WWM 3.2

As for 3.3, Hafte will incorporate this into the newest release so it does not have to be patched immediately (like all other paradox interactive products)

Paste the 2 folders inside your WWM mod directory and it should ask to merge/overwrite containing files.

so:

1. the file "ledger_cot_stagnation.dds" in "fixy\gfx\interface" has to be pasted in "C:\Program Files\Europa Universalis III\mod\Whole World mod\gfx\interface" (not overwrite anything unless you used the old hotfix as well)

2. the files "ledger.gfx" and "ledger.gui" in "fixy\interface" have to be pasted in "C:\Program Files\Europa Universalis III\mod\Whole World mod\interface" (overwriting 2 old files, even if you did not use the old hotfix)

Page 12 and 24 of the Ledger now fully work on 3.2 of WWM.

A truly hot hotfix.
    Last edited by MonMarty; 19-09-2009 at 01:06.

-
    Last edited by MonMarty; 19-09-2009 at 01:06.

Fix is updated and confirmed working, have fun lads and pardon for the confusion with the earlier not working one.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Oooh sexy. Thanks!
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!"

Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

Very sexy You're positive you don't need it for v3.3 though?
    In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except EU3 and a really awesome mod to go with it. Thanks lukew and contributors.

I never had much of a tolerance for rebels or revolutionaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenceslaus II View Post
    Very sexy You're positive you don't need it for v3.3 though?
    I still got the page 24 CTD on 3.3 until I used this.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by dvandyke View Post
    I still got the page 24 CTD on 3.3 until I used this.
    Allright, thanks.
    In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except EU3 and a really awesome mod to go with it. Thanks lukew and contributors.

I never had much of a tolerance for rebels or revolutionaries.

Yeah, for some reason Hafte didnt include it into 3.3, but its downloadable here indefinately.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    In MEIOU, i'm also having the crash on page 12 of the ledger. Your solution for WWM didn't work for me (i don't have the crash on page 24).

Could you tell me how you proceeded to find the bug ? I looked at the ledger interface files... and i must admit i'm a bit confused.

Thanks in advance for any tips you can give me.

MonMarty, your PM-box is full.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post

Could you tell me how you proceeded to find the bug ? I looked at the ledger interface files... and i must admit i'm a bit confused.
    Well it depends on exactly what version you are trying to adapt to what, wether you had a previous version that worked. in Eu 3.1, Hafte's additional buildings worked fine, but in version 3.2, pdox added the stagnation function in the ledger. This prompted me to release the patch which included the stagnation within the interface files and the additional gfx file. the only problem after this being, i used files directly from the 3.2 patch, these had the stagnation characters, but not the characters which defined the new buildings and such crashed ledger page 12 instead of 24. therefor, i went back into the interface files, changed anything that was diffrent and finally uploaded that. I use a very usefull program called CompareIt too look at structural diffrences between 2 textfiles, and was thus able (while comparing the vanilla and WWM interface files) deduct what the problem was.

Now i could imagine myself being rather vague here, and i have room for 2 more PM's should you need a more detailed approach, but i am also available to have a look at your problem if you hand me the files that need a look.

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    MonMarty, your PM-box is full.[/FONT]
    why didnt you just PM me about it instead of mentioning it on the forum?

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MonMarty View Post
    Well it depends on exactly what version you are trying to adapt to what, wether you had a previous version that worked. in Eu 3.1, Hafte's additional buildings worked fine, but in version 3.2, pdox added the stagnation function in the ledger. This prompted me to release the patch which included the stagnation within the interface files and the additional gfx file. the only problem after this being, i used files directly from the 3.2 patch, these had the stagnation characters, but not the characters which defined the new buildings and such crashed ledger page 12 instead of 24. therefor, i went back into the interface files, changed anything that was diffrent and finally uploaded that. I use a very usefull program called CompareIt too look at structural diffrences between 2 textfiles, and was thus able (while comparing the vanilla and WWM interface files) deduct what the problem was.

Now i could imagine myself being rather vague here, and i have room for 2 more PM's should you need a more detailed approach, but i am also available to have a look at your problem if you hand me the files that need a look.
    I think i got the general idea, thanks. I had overlloked that entire part of the problem. I'll take a look at it when i get home.

Quote Originally Posted by MonMarty View Post
    why didnt you just PM me about it instead of mentioning it on the forum?
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Corporal
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband

So, this will work on 3.3?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

It does yes
    "I am a dummy-file.
    I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!"

Haftetavenscrap's Whole World Mod (best mod in teh world!)

+ Reply to Thread