• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Excellent job! With all the success you are having, are you beginning to look ahead? What are your future plans once the Balkans offensive concludes?

Well, if the Russians get trapped in the Balkans they still have to be "taken care of", and that's over 1,000,000 troops!
Beyond that, I'm hoping to extend the game till '49 if it can be done....

Well, if the Russians get trapped in the Balkans they still have to be "taken care of", and that's over 1,000,000 troops!
Beyond that, I'm hoping to extend the game till '49 if it can be done....

remember that 2=1 and that u have ground to give in poland. u need 600,000 to collapse them. think about the reinforcements u can shove in the middle. smash their centre. operation fagaration :)D)

Who's controlling Greece???

Germany was controlling southern Greece, Russia northern Greece, though that is changing now as there is now chaos in the Balkans.I will update tomorrow...

You've stabilized every front! But now you need to push the Soviets back to Moscow and Stalingrad. ;)

Did you get the oilfields in Plöesti back?

I have Bucharest, so one province away.Once Greece and Bulgaria has been fully regained, the focus will shift back to the rest of the Eastern Front.

any chance of developing a nuke yet? That should take care of the Soviet problem!

I must be close, but I'm not exactly sure.

To extend the game, do you just need to change the date in the LUA file or do you also have to do something to the save file? Can the date be changed on an existing game, or does it only work prior to starting a new game???
I am hoping to play on until 1950...

July/August 1947

In late July and throughout August the main focus of German offensives was the Balkans.There was fighting also in the middle of the Eastern Front and also further fighting on Sicily.

The Battle of Horodenka

85,000 Germans push back 350,000 Russians.

69511399.jpg

Fighting on Sicily continues

58474088.jpg

Germany wins the battle of Palermo against the British.

93276483.jpg

The Battle Of Urziceni

77,000 Germans defeat 360,000 Russians.

81178456.jpg

Russians Retreat Into Turkey

Once the Russians realized that they had been cut off in the Balkans many of the Red Army divisions pulled back from the frontlines and headed into Turkish controlled Bulgaria.

62881884.jpg

92018174.jpg

The Battle Of Calarasi

89751258.jpg

The Russians continued to flee into Turkey before Germany attacked.

29830969.jpg

Final German Offensive In Balkans Underway

22470952.jpg

33577179.jpg

70640282.jpg

74634711.jpg

German Attack On The Turks Begins

74350461.jpg

Situation in the Balkans at the end of August

53806707.jpg

The Japanese Empire

21355853.jpg

Congratulations!

Didn't realize, you were at war with Turkey, too. I thought you had them Soviets trapped.
So did they retreat back into Turkey and you will have to fight them until Instanbul?

Plus, you seem to suffer from some heavy strat bombing ... you lost 14 base IC from 20.08. to 31.08..

Good job driving to the Black Sea in Romania. Either you can destroy enemy forces in the southern Balkans, or you can contain them in Asian Turkey. And then you can release a far amount of those southern troops for a push into the Soviet Union proper... Assuming you can edit the end-date of the game, it seems. ;)

Didn't notice you were at war with Turkey as well. Are those Russian divisions all gone now or can they move on through Turkey?

I suspect that you'll keep on your side of the Dardanelles instead of trying to go through Turkey?

That soviet balkan "pocket" : did you force them to retreat, or did they withdraw of their own account? (nice increase in AI capabilities, if they did!) Did they get away?

They withdrew of their own account.I'm not sure where they all ended-up but it did seem that quite a large part of their forces did go running off towards mainland Turkey.

Didn't notice you were at war with Turkey as well. Are those Russian divisions all gone now or can they move on through Turkey?

I suspect that you'll keep on your side of the Dardanelles instead of trying to go through Turkey?

Much of the Russian forces have been destroyed but it's unclear how many of them slipped off into Turkey.
Hitler has no immediate plans to invade mainland Turkey...

To the last Soviet man... I like this AAR!
:D