• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(148765)

Major
2 Badges
Aug 6, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
June 1944.Germany is being pushed back on three fronts.The Red Army is on the verge of breaking through the German lines on the Eastern Front,the Allies are moving north in Italy and the D-Day landings have achieved a beachhead.Furious with the situation,Hitler introduces dramatic changes in the High Command.For too long Germany has resisted full mobilization of its industry,choosing instead to provide consumer goods for its population.The new leadership has begun the defense of the Reich by implementing total economic mobilization with the focus on increased production and technology.But is it too little too late?Can Germany's dwindling resource stockpiles, especially oil and fuel, cope with this shift in industry? Whatever happens,Hitler has vowed to fight to the last man...

hoi37.jpg

In the first few hours the enemies three pronged assault on the Reich began.In Italy the German Army is attempting a counter attack along the west coast to Rome against the weakest part of the allied front line.

hoi31.jpg

In the Ukraine several German armored divisions are going to attempt to break through the Russian line at its southernmost edge.It's a bold offensive.If they can smash through then they can drive north behind the Russian lines...

hoi32i.jpg

In Normandy,German troops are trying to force the Allied troops back to the sea under a fiery sky of Allied air power...

hoi33x.jpg

The strategy in HOI 2 was:
-redeploy all air power to the west, and use it to force the Allies out.
-In Italy, reinforce the front, and keep it steady till the winter
-In Russia, slowly retreat (Elastic defense and wait for the winter).
-In the winter, kick the allies out of Italy.
-In the Spring of 1945, start advancing again in Russia

What are your plans?

^ To above post ^

I'm gonna try that strategy now :D:D:D:D

I'm not quite sure about the HOI2 tactics.Firstly, the German power is quite quickly smashed, and of course fuel supplies are a major concern.An elastic defence looks unavoidable at the moment.The retreat to the mountains has been ordered in Italy, the British are breaking out in Normandy, and the Russians have been probing....

I used cheats with the fuel problem LOL

Mein Fuhrer...the situation is not good...The Russians are on the verge of breaking through our lines,threatening to cut off our forces in the north of the Baltic states.

hoi31h.jpg

Our offensive in the Ukraine has stalled,we haven't been able to push through the oncoming Red Army.We need to call off the offensive!

hoi32.jpg

In Italy, the German Army is regrouping in the mountain fortifications.Reserve forces from Southern France are being relocated to support the defence.

hoi33.jpg

In Normandy, the German Army is on the retreat,its forces scattered around the Bocage country, reinforcements from Holland and Belgium are enroute.

hoi34.jpg

What's this? Is it our first '44 AAR? It may be (I can't remember atm :p)! Subscribed. :D

I think the classic Hoi2 tactics are still the best broad outline for success. Italy is still very easy to defend, D-Day still hasn't broken out, and a retreat in the East still shortens your front a lot.

One thing I wanted to try on the Western front is using Port Strike/Logistical Strike to knock them out of supplies, but the Luftwaffe is in pretty poor shape and it will take heavy losses doing so.

Leading off with offensive action in each front shows a lot of daring--here's hoping at least one of them pays off!

Mein Fuhrer, I have the very latest reports from the great battlefields.In Normandy we are fighting back against the British.We have managed to prevent them moving east with our reinforcements from the Lowlands.We are now taking the initiative and we are pushing them back to the north west.Caen and Carenten have been retaken.

hoi32z.jpg

In Italy the Allied offensive has dissipated.Latest intelligence shows that many of the American divisions have pulled back.Its possible that soon we may be able to carry out a counter offensive using the divisions from southern France to retake the whole of Italy and drive the Allies into the Mediterranean.

hoi33.jpg

The situation on the Eastern Front is still far from certain.Our northern forces are still trying to retreat towards the Konigsberg region.However,they are being hit hard as they retreat.We are going to try and form a new defensive line in the forested regions.The Luftwaffe is still grounded,it has been hard hit by the enemy, and we also need to conserve as much fuel as we can for our armour.However,once we have dealt with the British and the Americans, we are hopeful of bringing several squadrons into operation over the Eastern Front.Again,with fuel supplies a major concern,all naval operations have been postponed,including all u-boats,until we can be more certain over the long term fuel supplies.
hoi34.jpg

The East looks grim. The West also looks surprisingly bad, given the Allied expansion into Brittany. There they'll quickly gain access to a couple more ports, thus rooting their logistics pretty well.

If you aren't careful, the Russians will cut off all of your units retreating from the Leningrad district. Watch out.

The situation in Brittany is okay.The British are on the backfoot.Only reinforcements can save them now.
The Allies have moved more forces towards my defensive line in Italy.However,I feel strong enough there but I cant afford an offensive there because of the situation on the Eastern Front.Yes, some of the retreating forces have been hit by the Russians.And the defensive line is not yet ready...and the Russians are closing in...:(

In Italy, use your forces on the western edge to swing behind the British. Encircle them and crush their armor! Move and secure the rest of Italy. Leave some troops behind for coastal defense and reinforce Russia and France

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well,it's 6am here at the Fuhers's summer retreat on Crete.It's been a long night of constant war.Time for some strategic sleep.I will finish this later and Sunday.I will post the latest screens when I awake...

What's this? Is it our first '44 AAR? It may be (I can't remember atm :p)! Subscribed. :D

I'm hurt, Myth. :p But this one is infinitely more entertaining and colorful than my plodding text-heavy one. :)

A new day dawns, another day of blood,sweat and tears...and total war.The defence of the Reich has reached a crucial point in time.In north-west France victory seems certain.It needs to be swift though, to allow time to transfer reinforcements to the Eastern front.In Italy, the defence looks secure, but should Germany risk an attack, and use much needed reinforcements and supplies,especially fuel?In the east, a new defensive line has been formed, but can it hold and for how long? The new economic laws that were introduced in June should soon begin to bear fruit.Production is ongoing, but can enough war machinery be introduced into the battle in time?Can the Russians one day be pushed back again?

hoi31.jpg

hoi32.jpg

hoi33.jpg

hoi34.jpg