• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mortac

Second Lieutenant
10 Badges
Jun 13, 2003
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka 2
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Prison Architect
Is there any way that I can remove fog of war from specific nations? I'd like to be able to watch certain nations of my choosing to make the game a little more interesting during periods of waiting without making the whole map visible.

If you are in to cheating you can cheat remove the FOW from individual provinces, but that could get mightly tedious for a big country! :p

I'd like to do this without affecting my gameplay (i.e. spies or allies), so yes, I'd cheat to do it. Making this for selected provinces is not really what I had in mind but it'd be better than nothing. How to do this though?

So there's no way to remove FOW for specific nations through cheats or whatever?

No, province by province only.

Code =
fow off [Province number]

I'm back with two more questions! :rolleyes:

First off, how do I find out province numbers?

Second, is there any way to change the duration of Infiltrate Administration? Can I edit any files or something such? I actually like this feature now that I've gotten used to it, but I hate how short the duration is, making it a complete pain to use for permanent FOW removal.

First off, how do I find out province numbers?
Search the localisation files.
e.g.
Code:
PROV1;Stockholm;Stockholm;Stockholm;Sztokholm;Estocolmo;Stoccolma;Stockholm;Stockholm;;;;;;x
Second, is there any way to change the duration of Infiltrate Administration? Can I edit any files or something such? I actually like this feature now that I've gotten used to it, but I hate how short the duration is, making it a complete pain to use for permanent FOW removal.
You could modify common\spies.txt :
Code:
infiltrate_administration = {
	cost = 20					#costs 20$ ducats  (inflation modified)
	difficulty = 2		#2/10
	prestige = -0.01	#lose 1 prestige if discovered..
	badboy	= 0 			#No badboy increase if discovered.
	capital = yes			#can only be done in a capital
	trigger = { 
		remove_fow = no
	}
	effect = {
		remove_fow = 36	# Remove fog of war for 36 months.
	}
	ai_will_do = {
		factor = 0
	}
}

You could also search through the provinces folder for the province name, or do a search through Windows for the capital city.

You could also search through the provinces folder for the province name,
While that will usually work, there are provinces where the filename does not match the province name in-game (sometimes very different).