+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Removing Fog Of War

Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Removing Fog Of War

Is there any way that I can remove fog of war from specific nations? I'd like to be able to watch certain nations of my choosing to make the game a little more interesting during periods of waiting without making the whole map visible.

200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Well, you can use spies to lift the fog of war, or you can ally them.
    پادشاه عالم پناه

Victoria best game ever btw. - Enewald, plus everyone else.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If you are in to cheating you can cheat remove the FOW from individual provinces, but that could get mightly tedious for a big country!

I'd like to do this without affecting my gameplay (i.e. spies or allies), so yes, I'd cheat to do it. Making this for selected provinces is not really what I had in mind but it'd be better than nothing. How to do this though?

So there's no way to remove FOW for specific nations through cheats or whatever?

Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

No, province by province only.

Code =
    fow off [Province number]

Ok, thanks!!

I'm back with two more questions!

First off, how do I find out province numbers?

Second, is there any way to change the duration of Infiltrate Administration? Can I edit any files or something such? I actually like this feature now that I've gotten used to it, but I hate how short the duration is, making it a complete pain to use for permanent FOW removal.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaParadoxian Order - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mortac View Post
    First off, how do I find out province numbers?
    Search the localisation files.
    e.g.
    Code:
    PROV1;Stockholm;Stockholm;Stockholm;Sztokholm;Estocolmo;Stoccolma;Stockholm;Stockholm;;;;;;x
    Second, is there any way to change the duration of Infiltrate Administration? Can I edit any files or something such? I actually like this feature now that I've gotten used to it, but I hate how short the duration is, making it a complete pain to use for permanent FOW removal.
    You could modify common\spies.txt :
    Code:
    infiltrate_administration = {
    	cost = 20					#costs 20$ ducats  (inflation modified)
    	difficulty = 2		#2/10
    	prestige = -0.01	#lose 1 prestige if discovered..
    	badboy	= 0 			#No badboy increase if discovered.
    	capital = yes			#can only be done in a capital
    	trigger = { 
    		remove_fow = no
    	}
    	effect = {
    		remove_fow = 36	# Remove fog of war for 36 months.
    	}
    	ai_will_do = {
    		factor = 0
    	}
    }
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Sweet! Thank you greatly!

You could also search through the provinces folder for the province name, or do a search through Windows for the capital city.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaParadoxian Order - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Ashantai View Post
    You could also search through the provinces folder for the province name,
    While that will usually work, there are provinces where the filename does not match the province name in-game (sometimes very different).
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

+ Reply to Thread