+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice wanted on how to not suck at this mod.

Advice wanted on how to not suck at this mod.

Okay, so, I love this mod, but something seems to have changed with the latest version, because I can't seem to do...well, anything. Let me describe my situation:

I started in 1356 as England. Right off the bat, I had to push my treasury slider all the way to the right to not go bankrupt. I hastily made peace with Brittany and France, and focused on Scotland. I made peace with them after taking two provinces and set to the task of stabilizing my country.

It's been ten game years since then. Inflation is a serious problem; it's been rising steadily since the beginning and shows no sign of stopping anytime soon. Despite the heavy amount of minting and demilitarization I've been doing, I'm still penniless and this, too, shows no signs of letting up. Tax income is pitiful, and I barely even have the money to send out merchants. I project that the game is alrady doomed because I don't have anyway of getting out of poverty.

I'm under the impression that England is one of the easiest factions to play, as well as my personal favorite, so my failure at them is somewhat disheartening. Is there a guide or manual to this mod (ala Magna Mundi), and if not, can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? More specifcally, how do I make money and not get crushed by inflation?

Europa Universalis 3

I'm playing as Castille and I have similar problems Some useful tricks: try to full mint while at war with war taxes- your inflation skyrockets but your treasury is filled up for some time. Wars with German minors probably can give you a nice amount of ducats (I assume so after the last war with a Pope, who gave me more than 700 ducats in a peace deal.

[EDIT]: The last but not least: after some time, when you will be able to build improvements, the situation will be much easier to handle. Or at least I hope so

well... -50% base tax is probably the problem, even MMP isn't THAT bad when it comes to money(-40% base tax, and to somehow balance this they cut all tech cost by 20%)
    oh, penalty is "hidden", city bonus in vanilla is 100%, in DEI 1.7 it's only 50%...
    have fun and good luck, I will go back to MMP, it's much easier...

Europa Universalis 3

There is a bonus tax for city population, so it's not as bad as you thought.

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Exactly - city bonus is just 50%, because now you have 1% for each thousand of population from province. So in population 50k you have total 100% tax and in 100k you have 150%!! On the first years of the game is very hard, but later that should be easier. We still looking for good way for do population more important and save game balance. If you have any idea we are listening

PS> I play now Normandy, and form 3-province duchy I growth to 7 provinces. With strong France as my one and only neighbor So, what is impossible? :P

Europa Universalis 3

So, what is impossible?
    Mod out the starting RR for France and do that again. I wish you good luck

+ Reply to Thread