+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Generator 2.0

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    The Map Generator just keeps getting better and better! Thanks for all your efforts, and keep up the good work!
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Excellent mod idea. I have a small bug though - the game thinks it's starting on Jan 1, 1 AD, and on Jan 2, 1 AD considers the game over and won't let me play anymore. Also, should all of the land you're supposed to know appear as 'spread of discoveries' on day 2? That seems to make sense, just want to make sure that's a feature.

EDIT: The bug seems to have spread to the unmodded game - it displays the dates fine, but the first thing that happens is the 'end of game' event.
    Last edited by Sjiveru; 27-01-2010 at 00:46.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV

how to create england, how to draw the map like you want without being random like the pradox?

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the StarsMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    This is getting put in my sig. Too good to leave out.
    All hail Richard XI, King of the Mod, Grand Duke of Simcity 4, and Tsar of All the Awesomes - The_Shepherd

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Sjiveru View Post
    Excellent mod idea. I have a small bug though - the game thinks it's starting on Jan 1, 1 AD, and on Jan 2, 1 AD considers the game over and won't let me play anymore. Also, should all of the land you're supposed to know appear as 'spread of discoveries' on day 2? That seems to make sense, just want to make sure that's a feature.

EDIT: The bug seems to have spread to the unmodded game - it displays the dates fine, but the first thing that happens is the 'end of game' event.
    Well, the game is supposed to start in 1399 and you're supposed to have all your discoveries from day one. I have no idea what the problem is but my guess is that it's not directly related to the mod and if the problem persists you might consider reinstalling the game.

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by rapharalho View Post
    how to create england, how to draw the map like you want without being random like the pradox?
    I made the Britain map (in the first post) by taking a real map of Britain, transforming it to look similar to derrhalt's map in the previous page. Then using import map in the generator and just using the defult options to create the mod.

If you want to you can also paint the province map.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV

ok thank you

I have installed the random map generator, yet whenever I get to step 2 I cannot do anything. The build map function is still not clickable for some reason. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangku View Post
    I have installed the random map generator, yet whenever I get to step 2 I cannot do anything. The build map function is still not clickable for some reason. What am I doing wrong?
    The only thing I can think of is that you haven't clicked on new.

I'm trying to find the problem with derrhalt's map and I'm just getting more and more confused. I could use some suggestions here. The situation is the following.

The problem was quickly located to positions.txt. Empty file and the map worked. Adding in just the first province and it crashed.

Next step, try only adding in parts of the first province and the result is that the port position is the one causing the problems. Now, the port is correctly located at the coast of the province, but for testing purposes I moved it to a different part of the coast. Still no success.

According to the history files province one was owned by Majapahit so I just removed them from the province. Then the map worked. Added them back in and tried starting as them to see if I could spot the problem. Then the map worked again. Tried selecting a different country and it crashed. Switch the ownership to Qin and it worked regardless which country i chose.

Started adding the positions for more provinces, one at the time. Everything worked until I got to number 7, then it crashed again. Checked the history files and number 7 belongs to Brittany. Same thing here, the map works if I play as Brittany but not if I play as anyone else.

If there is problems with province 1 and 7, the likelihood is that there's alot of provinces with problems in there.

I'm now absolutely and utterly confused but I'm hoping this makes sense to someone out there.

Quote Originally Posted by nom View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that you haven't clicked on new.
    Sadly that is not the case, as I have pressed new, yet... still not working, didn't do it the first time or the other three times. Is there something I might of missed in the process?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Victoria 2

I would be the person to make a huge problem
    Ethnicity: Austrian
    Religion: Theravada Buddhist
    Career: Military

I got a request for a demo map using the Columbus dream data set. So here is Voyage. It can also be found in the first post.

While doing this I discovered a bug in the code. It appears that the minimum province size setting is not working for ocean provinces which can cause some problems when using Columbus dream. For all maps with real map parts you need at least 1800 provinces.

Since the point of that data set is to basically remove the americas you might get into trouble getting enough provinces if you make the map too small.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangku View Post
    Sadly that is not the case, as I have pressed new, yet... still not working, didn't do it the first time or the other three times. Is there something I might of missed in the process?
    I had to check the code and the only requirement I can see to enable the Build map button is to select New (or Load), write a name and press ok.

I even tried to save the file to the dvd drive and it gladly accepted that and enabled the buttons. That was otherwise the only reason I could think of, that you tried to save it somewhere where you didn't have access.

Okay I got past that point now, I'm going to look at the instructions now, and check for what to do next and such.

Hi i am trying to make my own fantasy map, i am using islands i have created myself which i imported into the map editor. Everything else works, but when i come to load it up i get to creating rivers and the game just crashes.
    I just wanted to know if anyone else has the same problem and is there anything else i could do to make it work?

Quote Originally Posted by atyourownperil View Post
    Hi i am trying to make my own fantasy map, i am using islands i have created myself which i imported into the map editor. Everything else works, but when i come to load it up i get to creating rivers and the game just crashes.
    I just wanted to know if anyone else has the same problem and is there anything else i could do to make it work?
    Add one river to the map. The river creation algorithm sometimes doesn't work with imported maps.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

i just started to use the mod generator but when i start the game whit my map it just goes epic phail and wont start

Been using this to start a line of maps of the other planets. Venus was first as the height map was easy to find and unlike Mars doesn't result in just the one continent.

Nom; do you have any plans to extend this to other same-engine games like Rome, HoI3 or Vicky 2 when it's released? I can easily see this being the best tool so far for the series!

Quote Originally Posted by Walshicus View Post
    Nom; do you have any plans to extend this to other same-engine games like Rome, HoI3 or Vicky 2 when it's released? I can easily see this being the best tool so far for the series!
    I don't have any plans to do a map generator for any other game. It takes a lot of time and I don't even own Rome or HoI3.

On the other hand if someone else wanted to start such a project I would be very easily recruited. I just don't have the energy to do it all from scratch alone again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 33 ... LastLast