+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Generator 2.0

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuza825 View Post
    I don't know what's going on but I only got this mod to work once out of like a bazillion tries. I have HTTT version 4.1

I downloaded the 2.1 version for HTTT but that only worked once. All the other times the game crashed after going to "Map Properly Initialized..."

So then I downloaded one of the beta's in hopes that it would work, but it still doesn't, it gives me an error message (probably because it's designed for DW).

Am I going to have to downgrade to IN or upgrade to DW to get this to work?
    2.1 only works with an unpatched version of HTTT.

I have a strange problem, now Trade Goods on colonised islands never appear :/

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldElite View Post
    I have a strange problem, now Trade Goods on colonised islands never appear :/
    First guess would be the islands are not added to a region that gets trade goods.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Naw, why's that? Does that mean all uncolonised islands will have this problem? they were part of the pacific region or something similar, none of the 3 I see have any goods, though its only 1485, and I've skipped QFTNW
    Last edited by TheGoldElite; 31-05-2012 at 20:20.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Well trade goods are generated by events and the events are setup by region (with a few specific provinces thrown in). Any province that is not in one of the regions targeted by the events will never get a trade good.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)

I'm confused, in vanilla oceana region islands would normally get trade goods, and these are oceana region islands so why no event? If I'm just being dumb feel free to ignore me I'll figure it out I guess

Does this have anything to do with it? can I edit this, or am I screwed :S I'm guess now that all uncolonised islands have a predetermined good in vanilla, but random gens for some reason fail to allocate a trade good in advance, so there is no "tradegood_picked" or something.

province_event = {

id = 9521

trigger = {
    trade_goods = unknown
    has_province_flag = tradegood_picked
    }

mean_time_to_happen = {
    months = 1

}

title = "EVTNAME9521"
    desc = "EVTDESC9521"

option = {
    name = "EVTOPTA9521"
    clr_province_flag = tradegood_picked
    }

}
    Last edited by TheGoldElite; 31-05-2012 at 23:40.

When you look at the map in region mapmode, what region does it say those islands are in?

Playing EU4

Oceania
    -Indonesia
    -Pacific Ocean Islands

Funny, considering they are one ocean region from the papal state island, Siena, and Sweden
    KKAJSFNKA.png
    Last edited by TheGoldElite; 01-06-2012 at 04:02.

Those two regions should certainly be able to get trade goods. Does the .mod file for the mod have extend = "events" or replace = "events"? It might have "replace" since many vanilla events would make no sense on a random map; if that's the case make sure that the mod's events folder has the TradeGoods.txt file in it.

EDIT: Having used this to generate a map it looks like it uses replace = "events" and doesn't put any events in the mod. As a quick fix you could probably copy the vanilla file into the mod but the trade goods won't necessarily make any sense. Probably for a random map there should be new events with completely random trade goods unless the generator can be made to create a new region.txt file with appropriate province IDs in each region.
    Last edited by jdrou; 01-06-2012 at 05:46.

Playing EU4

Alright then, I've copied that in, I'll let you know how it goes. thanks for the help

Edit* just got trade goods in the islands, that seems to have done it thanks so much
    Kinda wish I didn't sell one to sardinia now xD, it was only getting 4 ducats so I ditched it. now it's worth alot more :'( reconquest ftw
    Last edited by TheGoldElite; 01-06-2012 at 21:07.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Wait... did you guys just find a fix to the no trade goods issue? Please, tell me what to do to fix it! What event do I copy/paste where?
    Look! It's my new signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith View Post
    Wait... did you guys just find a fix to the no trade goods issue? Please, tell me what to do to fix it! What event do I copy/paste where?
    Copy the vanilla events\tradegoods.txt file into the mod.

Playing EU4

Ruler of the Queen's Navee George LeS's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Just lurking, but I wonder if it might be easier to make a map the old way, then convert that to the new format. Probably an ignorant question.
    'Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing--absolutely nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.' -- the Water Rat

GRIN Mod--Historical leaders mods: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...46994-GRIN-Mod

Rex Maris--SRI-based naval and exploration mod. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...4#post11451354

Is there a way to get new countries instead of the classic ones?
    England being a little city state is kinda wierd...

Also the game crashes almost instantly with DW 5.1 ...

You can add new nations in if you wish.
    Darkest Hour Helpful Links:
    How to modify the Darkest Hour Technology Tree:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-the-tech-tree.
    A collection of Blank Graphic files for Darkest Hour.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?645555-Resource-Blank-Gfx-files

EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post17580322

Quote Originally Posted by Supeerme View Post
    You can add new nations in if you wish.
    how? settings?

by putting it in the countries.txt the number is how much provinces they will get. and so forth and so forth.
    Darkest Hour Helpful Links:
    How to modify the Darkest Hour Technology Tree:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-the-tech-tree.
    A collection of Blank Graphic files for Darkest Hour.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?645555-Resource-Blank-Gfx-files

EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post17580322

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Is it posable to take a generated map into a editor tool i have generated a map but i am not hppay with the American nations location had a small hick up and they are all over the place and i would like to clean it up as i am rather keen to play on the map that was generated.

thanks- Small
    "Life is one step at a time until you step on a landmine" unknown

No Longer active on the forums but still lurking

still cant spell not that spell check helps

Hey I was wondering if this is still being worked on? In any case great job so far

Loved the old one. Have to try this one too. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast