+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread: Map Generator 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by nom View Post
    The issue with this map (and probably all the others you try to generate) is with non-standard characters in province names. This one crashes when it tries to load the province Skåne, because your computer has not written the å correctly. There is an old fix to this that you can find here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/13852700/Provinces_zip. Unzip this in the provinces folder in the data set. The information about which file it complains about can be found in error.log.
    Hi I came back to tell you that this fix sadly didn't work at all.

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by medopu View Post
    Hi I came back to tell you that this fix sadly didn't work at all.
    Have you tried the new beta of the generator I released a week ago? That fix should not be necessary anymore.

Yeah I did. I should probably run in debug, because the problem is still the same. Crash on day one.

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

3b21 (gamefront seems to be having some problems so here is an alternative download link.)

Important: Do not install this in the same folder as an old version of Map Generator. If you really want to do that anyway then before you start the generator go into the datasets folder and remove everything that is not a zip-file.

Additional downloads:

Source code

Noise editor - A small program that helps a bit if you are interested in perlin noise and how to create the maps.

Additional datasets:

Fantasia - Based on the old EU1(?) scenario with a handful of one-province countries spread out over an otherwise empty world.

To install, put zip file in Map Generator/Datasets.

Changes since the last beta:
    • Rewrote province creation to take terrain into account. This is still a bit of a work in progress so weird province shapes can occur. Please give me feedback about this.
    • Improved continent selection for islands.
    • Improved calculations for population and natives.
    • Added logging to more parts of the generator.
    • Some other minor bugfixes.
    Last edited by nom; 11-11-2012 at 19:00.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Love this mod - but sadly, revolts and broken countries are happening nearly every day! What should I do to fix this? If I can't do anything, can you release a new update?
    There can always be more customization. Always!

Quote Originally Posted by tsf4 View Post
    Love this mod - but sadly, revolts and broken countries are happening nearly every day! What should I do to fix this? If I can't do anything, can you release a new update?
    Do you have any idea why this happens? I don't know much about what causes this kind of behavior.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

My only thought is that rebels either occur too frequently or too powerful. Not sure though.
    There can always be more customization. Always!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

All I get upon starting up the map generator is "Parameter Incorrect", then the application crashes when I try to use it. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by OpAphid View Post
    All I get upon starting up the map generator is "Parameter Incorrect", then the application crashes when I try to use it. Any help?
    Which version is this? Do the log files say anything?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Ive been working on mods and stuff for some time. But i am unsure if this is compatible enough with DW for me to use just yet.

I havent used it, but ive been reading through comments. Anyone got any experiance with it in DW

The generator isn't working for me. Could someone upload a map that they enjoyed so I can use it?

May you give us the 2.1 version's link...? I can't download anything from filefront, and i can't run DW with my old computer!

I'm using this to create a map for a custom game I'm working on - I've created the province map in paint.net, and your tool is fantastic for doing all the grunt work of creating the province files.

I have a few questions, though:

1. I have the continents drawn up (or at least: the continent I want to be finished first, there are a few other landmasses I still need to create), but I didn't bother creating the sea zones. How can I import the borders for the provinces, but let it create its own borders for sea territories?

2. There are some provinces that, no matter what I do, it merges together. Is there a way to stop it from merging certain sets of provinces together?

3. Every time I finish the map (I get to the 'export map' section), it pops up about a thousand 'province not found' errors. The map still runs, but it's a major PITA to click through all those dialog boxes to get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by nom View Post
    Which version is this? Do the log files say anything?
    I get the same error, "Parameter Incorrect", followed by the application crashing when trying to do anything, namely generate a map. I'm using Version 3b21. The log files say nothing. All that's in the Log folder is Dummy.txt, which is blank.

Quote Originally Posted by |MC| View Post
    I get the same error, "Parameter Incorrect", followed by the application crashing when trying to do anything, namely generate a map. I'm using Version 3b21. The log files say nothing. All that's in the Log folder is Dummy.txt, which is blank.
    I was having the same problem, but running the program as an administrator fixed it for me. Hope this helps.

Edit: Also, it wouldn't load creating provinces once I got it to at least start. I just downloaded the 3b20 version, and it works fine. The download link is http://www.gamefront.com/files/22499...erator3b20_zip
    Last edited by baier145; 20-01-2013 at 00:43.

Just informing that I've come to conclusion about what was causing all of my problems.

The thing is, apparently, the game freezes on day 1 + failures with map generator are caused only if the there aren't enough regions/provinces.

I'm using default size of earth.

1. I use all the default settings, everything works fine
    2. I increase sea level almost to maximum -> less land -> less provinces -> CRASH

This mod fascinated me because there wouldn't be a gazillion countries and processing power wasted on them because I simply don't care about them. But since all this mod allows me to do, is just same shit in different clothes, no offence, it's still a marvelous achievement, but it doesn't live up to my expectations sadly.

But if you could fix this problem, then we're in business

Quote Originally Posted by Peron803 View Post
    Ive been working on mods and stuff for some time. But i am unsure if this is compatible enough with DW for me to use just yet.

I havent used it, but ive been reading through comments. Anyone got any experiance with it in DW
    I would like to know this too.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Peron803 View Post

As far as I can tell it does its primary job of creating the map which is what you would need to incorporate it into a mod or something.
    What it doesn't do is create a fully-functional DW mod in the sense that it doesn't include all the DW text files; you would need to copy events/decisions/missions yourself and make sure that regions are defined properly and any events/decisions/missions that refer to province IDs or regions make sense.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Tried v20 and 21. It just keeps crashing. Is there a usable version out there that works with the Fantasia add-on?
    EDIT: I tried v20 after cutting and pasting the folder to the desktop. It didn't crash.
    Last edited by Ivan Rogov; 02-02-2013 at 18:23.
    Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory - Sun Tzu

Something wrong with fantasia - distance to adjacent provinces is 99999 from the start and after deleting the map cache
    Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory - Sun Tzu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast