+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Generator 2.0

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindKing Arthur II

v14 isn't exporting the maps the right way. When launching in game it crashes on initializing map logic. The MOD/map folder is exporting as empty. IDAdjust seems to not be working either.

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by iontom View Post
    v14 isn't exporting the maps the right way. When launching in game it crashes on initializing map logic. The MOD/map folder is exporting as empty. IDAdjust seems to not be working either.
    That's odd. Exporting seems to work for me. On the other hand I have found some other bugs so I will have a bug fix patch up in an hour or so (hopefully).

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by iontom View Post
    Here is an updated version. I hope it works better but since I can't reproduce the problem I can't say for sure.

Updated it yet again.
    Last edited by nom; 25-03-2012 at 12:04.

It is time for Beta 15. I'm almost finished with the part about updating the code. Then I will concentrate on the data sets.

Changes since the last beta:

Added sliders for hot/cold and dry/wet.

Rewrote terrain script from scratch to use the new sliders. Now it only uses relative position on the map so the result should be better for 1x maps.

To do:

Rewrite climate to agree with the terrain.

Update the real map data sets to work with DW.

Improve ocean creation.

Find the problem with smoothing and inland seas.

Jobs for volunteers:

Test the new maps. Find out how to make them stable to play in DW.

Go through the events, missions etc. of DW to find which are compatible with the generator.

Write trade goods events compatible with the generator to allow the use of unknown trade goods.

Update the data sets with real map parts to work with the new maps. A description of how to do this can be found here.

Update the vanilla data set, for example with new countries added in expansions.

Tweak the province creation scripts for better shaped provinces.

Tweak the map scripts for better shaped maps (warning, very hard)

If you are interested in doing any of these tasks, let me know and I'll give you some more detailed instructions.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Ok, so I have downloaded and tried the most recent beta; and this is my first post here...
    From the generator:
    1) Holy Cats! that was a lot faster map creation than 2.0! even the rivers.
    2) In game: My mini-map disappears when I send a colonist or move my national focus.
    3) Province decisions were dramatically scaled back in DW-- pretty much the only ones that still work are 'expand the bureaucracy', 'formalize weights and measures', and 'promote cultural unity'; but many others are still popping up in this mod.
    4) Seaports are having issues (most ships were inland)
    5) the purple-ish color from the reference terrain map is showing up as a generic purple-ish color on the in game terrain map.
    6) territory labels are not scaling with territory size, so giant provinces are getting Utrecht-size font (I think in DW it scales up to a certain limit)
    Overall, I'd have to say it's running quite well.
    Last edited by Elector; 30-03-2012 at 14:59.
    In order for me to vote for you, you're gonna need to be my PAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Elector View Post
    Ok, so I have downloaded and tried the most recent beta; and this is my first post here...
    From the generator:
    1) Holy Cats! that was a lot faster map creation than 2.0! even the rivers.
    2) In game: My mini-map disappears when I send a colonist or move my national focus.
    3) Province decisions were dramatically scaled back in DW-- pretty much the only ones that still work are 'expand the bureaucracy', 'formalize weights and measures', and 'promote cultural unity'; but many others are still popping up in this mod.
    4) Seaports are having issues (most ships were inland)
    5) the purple-ish color from the reference terrain map is showing up as a generic purple-ish color on the in game terrain map.
    6) territory labels are not scaling with territory size, so giant provinces are getting Utrecht-size font (I think in DW it scales up to a certain limit)
    Overall, I'd have to say it's running quite well.
    1. It better be. I spent a lot of time on it. In 2.1 province creation took 5 minutes for me, now it takes 10 seconds.
    2. No idea why. Will check if I can reproduce it.
    3. Decisions has not been updated to DW format yet.
    4. I forgot about that. Will fix the angles.
    5. Where do you get purple color? I don't recall there being any purple in any of the maps. EDIT: purple is coastal_desert. Will check why it's not painting properly.
    6. Might be an issue of the maps being 3x larger than httt and me not changing text scaling to match that.
    Last edited by nom; 30-03-2012 at 22:05.

It't time for Beta 16.

Changes since last beta:

Rewrote climate generation to depend on terrain type and distance from the edge of the map.

Added a climate map.

Fixed issue with coastal desert using the wrong color index.

Fixed port rotation.

Increased text size for provinces.

Fixed some bugs in the data set.

Fixed issue with IdAdjust not working properly for islands.

To do:

Update the real map data sets to work with DW.

Improve ocean creation.

Jobs for volunteers:

Test the new maps. Find out how to make them stable to play in DW.

Go through the events, missions etc. of DW to find which are compatible with the generator.

Write trade goods events compatible with the generator to allow the use of unknown trade goods.

Update the data sets with real map parts to work with the new maps. A description of how to do this can be found here.

Update the vanilla data set, for example with new countries added in expansions.

Tweak the province creation scripts for better shaped provinces.

Tweak the map scripts for better shaped maps (warning, very hard)

If you are interested in doing any of these tasks, let me know and I'll give you some more detailed instructions.

Damn it stop updating so fast! I have to update faster than I can use them!
    Darkest Hour Helpful Links:
    How to modify the Darkest Hour Technology Tree:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-the-tech-tree.
    A collection of Blank Graphic files for Darkest Hour.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?645555-Resource-Blank-Gfx-files

EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post17580322

Quote Originally Posted by Supeerme View Post
    Damn it stop updating so fast! I have to update faster than I can use them!
    I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint you by releasing yet another beta later this weekend.

Noooooooo!
    Darkest Hour Helpful Links:
    How to modify the Darkest Hour Technology Tree:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-the-tech-tree.
    A collection of Blank Graphic files for Darkest Hour.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?645555-Resource-Blank-Gfx-files

EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post17580322

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

nom is made of all the awesome.
    - PATRVM - For Crusader Kings II
    SCVTA / TERRĘ - Shields / Map
    - Both Dead (thought not really.)

Hey I have a problem:

I made it like it is written in the Quick start guide but after I start Eu3 with the launcher and the first screen is loading, there is a error message. It says:

File exception:

Exception in: discfile.cpp, line 433. Description: Could not open file:
    mod\Verona\map/default.map

Wht should i do? Can someone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by SirWitan View Post
    Hey I have a problem:

I made it like it is written in the Quick start guide but after I start Eu3 with the launcher and the first screen is loading, there is a error message. It says:

File exception:

Which version are you using? The betas only work with DW and 2.1 only works with unpatched HTTT.

Iam using DW with 3b16.

I took all 3 files in the mod folder.

Iam using DW with 3b16.

I took all 3 files in the mod folder.
    How do you install the mods? I don't understand what you mean with the three files. All you need to do is export to the mod folder and run the game.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Hey I have a problem:

File exception:

The problem is likely that you are not waiting long enough after exporting your map. Once the game creates all the files for you LEAVE IT until all the options become available again. Then you can happilly copy over the files into your EU3 mods folder.

At least, this was what was the matter when I got that pop up error.

I love this mod so much. Keep working away at it because it is just too good. I can't wait until it looks pretty. THANK YOU for letting us alter province sizes too; I love small provinces.

Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    The problem is likely that you are not waiting long enough after exporting your map. Once the game creates all the files for you LEAVE IT until all the options become available again. Then you can happilly copy over the files into your EU3 mods folder.

At least, this was what was the matter when I got that pop up error.

I love this mod so much. Keep working away at it because it is just too good. I can't wait until it looks pretty. THANK YOU for letting us alter province sizes too; I love small provinces.
    Yes, trying to use the exported mod without waiting for it to actually finish exporting would not work very well.

Ok thanks I got it.

First Problems was, that I though that I should export the saved files to the EU3 folder and also I didnt wait enough, but now all is ok

This Mod is really nice and I hope you can keep working on it!

Dear all, I regret to inform you that it's time for Beta 17.

Changes since the last beta:

Old World data set is now fully functional.

Removed non-working data set Europe.

Added adjacencies.

Tweaked province creation.

Added a tool, noisepp editor, that can show noisemaps. It will be of help if you plan to change the noise scripts. For example open land.xml or default.xml to see how provinces and standard maps are created.

To do:

Update the Europe data set to work with DW.

Update 1453 Vanilla data set.

Improve ocean creation.

Add a third scaling mode where only rivers are scaled.

Jobs for volunteers:

Tweak the province creation scripts for better shaped provinces. Noisepp editor, included with the generator, will be of help here.

Tweak the map scripts for better shaped maps (warning, very hard) Noisepp editor, included with the generator, will be of help here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast