• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(52359)

Sergeant
Jan 2, 2006
Well, I have to say I'm pretty excited about this game 'cause frankly HoI3 has left me cold. But the one thing I loved was the unit organization/hierarchy concept that was introduced...it is absolutely brilliant, and brings a much needed organizational aspect to the military part of the game.

This is has already been brought up in another thread, and I believe the response from the developers was "no", there will not be a hierarchy system in AoD as in HoI3. So my question now is, is it even possible to do? If someone else wanted to introduce this system into HoI2, would it be possible? Or is this just a part of the engine that can't be messed with?

C'mon, someone out there tell me we can do this...

Well, I think the answer to the question it's "yes". If, someone (the Paradox, the people of AoD) truly want, they can create a HQ hierarchy to this new game, like in HOI 3.

If I can make a second question, I ask: it's technicaly possible to put ten thousand provinces in a hyphotetical AoD new map, if the people want to make this, at all costs?

Well, I think the answer to the question it's "yes". If, someone (the Paradox, the people of AoD) truly want, they can create a HQ hierarchy to this new game, like in HOI 3.

If I can make a second question, I ask: it's technicaly possible to put ten thousand provinces in a hyphotetical AoD new map, if the people want to make this, at all costs?

possible yes, playable : no. for more then twice the provinces in vanilla hoi you need that theater system. otherwise its just not manageable without constant pause/unpause. actually 1,5x the vanilla provinces should be optimum, more is just useless.

possible yes, playable : no. for more then twice the provinces in vanilla hoi you need that theater system. otherwise its just not manageable without constant pause/unpause. actually 1,5x the vanilla provinces should be optimum, more is just useless.

Just to be clear, I wasn't really suggesting there be an increase in the number of provinces...or am I missing something?

You're right.

Some simple organization, just to set priorities for reinforcements and upgrades (and assign air missions to unit heirarchies instead of areas) is all that's needed. No AI control like in HoI3. No more provinces. Provinces in HOI2 are big, but they "feel" just right. And countries look more or less like they should.