• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Actually, I was interested, but it was only this last weekend that I met up with a friend (who is French - and we met in Sweden) who had the magazine and was able to help me read it! Seemed like a good, balanced and thorough review - thanks!

To be very honest I wanted to give it 7/10 but my chief redactor insisted that the balance issues in the combat system (v1.04) really disappointed him and he put 6/10 instead. But the content sounded balanced to me (very good HOI2 expansion but of course not as complex as HOI3 so if you are not into HOI, this game is probably not for you - on the other hand if you liked HOI2 and were disappointed by HOI3 this is a must have).
On the other hand when I gave HOI3 (v1.0) a 6/10 I was very critical and HOI3 still has a somewhat tarnished reputation among the French community (more grognards, they put EU2, HOI2 > EU3, HOI3). Although my SF review was positive as the expansion brought a lot of good points.
Anyway, at least I can tell that most French HOI players have now heard of AOD (either with the magazine or the website). So I think it is good for you. :)

To be very honest I wanted to give it 7/10 but my chief redactor insisted that the balance issues in the combat system (v1.04) really disappointed him and he put 6/10 instead. But the content sounded balanced to me (very good HOI2 expansion but of course not as complex as HOI3 so if you are not into HOI, this game is probably not for you - on the other hand if you liked HOI2 and were disappointed by HOI3 this is a must have).
On the other hand when I gave HOI3 (v1.0) a 6/10 I was very critical and HOI3 still has a somewhat tarnished reputation among the French community (more grognards, they put EU2, HOI2 > EU3, HOI3). Although my SF review was positive as the expansion brought a lot of good points.
Anyway, at least I can tell that most French HOI players have now heard of AOD (either with the magazine or the website). So I think it is good for you. :)

I still believe that your HOI II World In Flames Gold from July 2008 was the best of them all! Perhaps it is difficult to judge ones own work.