• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lennartos

BL-Logic
11 Badges
May 9, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
Hello Everyone

I am the so called mastermind behind this little endavour.

Besides the Introduction written by susanna, i will be online to answer some questions here in this forum especially the next couple of weeks..

We currently have 3 Active members:

Lennartos (myself - Programmer / planning)
wyK1NG-(artist / design / concepts)
Balesir(Historical Research / Calculations & Balancing / Brigades / discussions ;) )

If you have any questions feel free to ask.. i will upload some images within the hour, that show some of the goodies :p

FOR MORE INFROMATION ON GAME CONTENTS - PLEASE LOOK AT THE FAQ

Cover:
Arsenal_of_democracy_Packshot_FINAL2.jpg

Some images: (supplies by user on this foum)
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/50121/Hearts-of-Iron-Arsenal-of-Democracy-Announced

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, seems nice. I have to say I didn't quite expect this, but why not. Good luck! :)

Actually we where very suprised to hear of HOI3, after roughly half a year of coding.

Since then more than half a year has gone again, and we are now very confident in our work...
I think it stands very good on its own.
If you liked HOI2, then this will be your salvation...:D

Can you describe how you have improved the AI?

Are you drawing on the work from any other mods?

Excellent news. the title implies this concentrates on America, is that the case?

Is it event driven?

Actually the main scenarios are more or less the same as HOI2 Armageddon.
Sure, they have been revised and balanced...

But the biggest changes are in the game itself - the user interface, the combats, the missions, the logistics.

Can you describe how you have improved the AI?

Are you drawing on the work from any other mods?

For one thing the AI now builds "smarter".
It now knows the meaning of serial builds and can now actually produce a decent amount of equpment comparably to human players.

The AI now selects Targets more intelligently for example Air missions select the targets that will take most damage.

Combat durations are longer and combar rules have been changed, so the AI actually is much more able to mount an counter offensive and has a good chance to react more efficiently.

These are just a few that just pop in mind...
One more:

There are a lot of extra AI features to help the human players...
Tried of managing naval combat - where 5 transports are desperatly trying to get shot down by a large fleet?
Naval vessels now automatically retreat if the battle is very bad, and there is no actual hope of winning.

I dont want to reveal everything yet - as we have 13 dev diaries to go...
So i will not tell the really GOOD stuff yet ;)

Just wait for the production and logistics - they will blow you away :D

Well you knew this question was coming soon. So I will get it out of the way and ask it. Were any changes made to the map? And, is it easier to mod the map now then before since you said everything is modifiable. Can't wait for the first screens. Good luck!

Great ... I'm tired of bad AI and I'm losing my hope for HoI3.

Just some questions ... what will be the system requirements, estimated release date and price?

When you refer to AI changes does it mean your changing the AI script files or are you really chaging the core of the AI ?

I did not get much fun out of Hoi 3 (yet) so this definitely is an interesting game for me. Will you use brigades?
This is an AAR opportunity I am looking forward to :)

Well i never had any intentions of making the game as small scaled as HOI3 - divisions are still a smallest unit.
Instead we changed how the brigades are used - most notably with ships
a ship without brigades is now like a base without any buildings - brigades are not some kind of "extra" - they are the core of the ship.
So the stats of the ship can be improved by upgrading brigades that are attached to the ship.
For example:
Nuclear propulsion is now an brigade - selectable in the build screen. ( gives xxxl range and removes oil usage)

Well you knew this question was coming soon. So I will get it out of the way and ask it. Were any changes made to the map? And, is it easier to mod the map now then before since you said everything is modifiable. Can't wait for the first screens. Good luck!

No Comment :D
- edit:
The base map is still very much like vanilla we changed some straits and province types (some hills -> mountains etc..)
But regarding the moddability :
No Comment :D

Great ... I'm tired of bad AI and I'm losing my hope for HoI3.

Just some questions ... what will be the system requirements, estimated release date and price?

When you refer to AI changes does it mean your changing the AI script files or are you really chaging the core of the AI ?

Both the Core and the scipts have been modefied.
Mostly the Core though as that is where the most work was needed in my opinion.

The AI can of course be even better - so i think of the ai as a work in progress even after the release, and i hope that we together with enthusiastic players / modders can make the most realistic / toughest AI to date.
However .... .... ... even i have real trouble fighting the Sovjets as germany now... it it a HUGE difference!

Nice project. Besides EU2 I played HOi2 (plus DD, then Arma) most of all P'dox games I have. I'm really curious how this new game turns out :)

Well if AOD and FTG are successes, paradox may eventually release the new
Clausewitz engine at a later point, but this is paradoxes call...

But for now, lets just show how its done :p

I'm looking forward to this. Will it use the final patch 1.3 which is still currently in Beta 2 stage? Or are you remaking the game so much that that won't matter? It seems to sound like the latter.

I wish you and your team the best of luck in your endeavor! :)