+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome

Talking Welcome

Hello Everyone

I am the so called mastermind behind this little endavour.

Besides the Introduction written by susanna, i will be online to answer some questions here in this forum especially the next couple of weeks..

We currently have 3 Active members:

Lennartos (myself - Programmer / planning)
    wyK1NG-(artist / design / concepts)
    Balesir(Historical Research / Calculations & Balancing / Brigades / discussions )

If you have any questions feel free to ask.. i will upload some images within the hour, that show some of the goodies

FOR MORE INFROMATION ON GAME CONTENTS - PLEASE LOOK AT THE FAQ

Cover:

Some images: (supplies by user on this foum)
    http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/50...racy-Announced
    Last edited by wyK1NG-; 17-10-2009 at 07:57.
    "Any third-rate engineer or researcher can increase complexity; but it takes a certain flair of real insight to make things simple again." - E.F.Schumacher.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Well, seems nice. I have to say I didn't quite expect this, but why not. Good luck!
    "What is a hen-teaser?"

"Coffee? What am I, some American who has no tea because he threw it into the ocean, and thus has to settle for coffee?"
    - Volrath50

Steady hand in uncertain times Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Excellent news. the title implies this concentrates on America, is that the case?

Is it event driven?

Actually we where very suprised to hear of HOI3, after roughly half a year of coding.

Since then more than half a year has gone again, and we are now very confident in our work...
    I think it stands very good on its own.
    If you liked HOI2, then this will be your salvation...
    "Any third-rate engineer or researcher can increase complexity; but it takes a certain flair of real insight to make things simple again." - E.F.Schumacher.

Achtung PanzerHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Blog Entries
    Can you describe how you have improved the AI?

Are you drawing on the work from any other mods?
    "All warfare is based on deception." Sun Tzu, Ping Fa.

Paradoxian Wiki Network:
    HoI 3 | HoI 2 | EU3 | EU2 | Vicky | Vicky 2

On forum hiatus since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    Excellent news. the title implies this concentrates on America, is that the case?

Is it event driven?
    Actually the main scenarios are more or less the same as HOI2 Armageddon.
    Sure, they have been revised and balanced...

But the biggest changes are in the game itself - the user interface, the combats, the missions, the logistics.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I've read some of the threads in your signature, and I've seen very good stuff... So I'll be following your news. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bbasgen View Post
    Can you describe how you have improved the AI?

Are you drawing on the work from any other mods?
    For one thing the AI now builds "smarter".
    It now knows the meaning of serial builds and can now actually produce a decent amount of equpment comparably to human players.

The AI now selects Targets more intelligently for example Air missions select the targets that will take most damage.

Combat durations are longer and combar rules have been changed, so the AI actually is much more able to mount an counter offensive and has a good chance to react more efficiently.

These are just a few that just pop in mind...
    One more:

There are a lot of extra AI features to help the human players...
    Tried of managing naval combat - where 5 transports are desperatly trying to get shot down by a large fleet?
    Naval vessels now automatically retreat if the battle is very bad, and there is no actual hope of winning.

I dont want to reveal everything yet - as we have 13 dev diaries to go...
    So i will not tell the really GOOD stuff yet

Just wait for the production and logistics - they will blow you away

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossLost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I did not get much fun out of Hoi 3 (yet) so this definitely is an interesting game for me. Will you use brigades?
    This is an AAR opportunity I am looking forward to

Cities in Motion 2Darkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper Fi

Well you knew this question was coming soon. So I will get it out of the way and ask it. Were any changes made to the map? And, is it easier to mod the map now then before since you said everything is modifiable. Can't wait for the first screens. Good luck!

Great ... I'm tired of bad AI and I'm losing my hope for HoI3.

Just some questions ... what will be the system requirements, estimated release date and price?

When you refer to AI changes does it mean your changing the AI script files or are you really chaging the core of the AI ?
    "Contra os canhoes marchar, marchar"

Member of the ahistoric association
    -=[ Hearts of Iron 2 Beta Tester ]=-

Quote Originally Posted by XHR View Post
    I did not get much fun out of Hoi 3 (yet) so this definitely is an interesting game for me. Will you use brigades?
    This is an AAR opportunity I am looking forward to
    Well i never had any intentions of making the game as small scaled as HOI3 - divisions are still a smallest unit.
    Instead we changed how the brigades are used - most notably with ships
    a ship without brigades is now like a base without any buildings - brigades are not some kind of "extra" - they are the core of the ship.
    So the stats of the ship can be improved by upgrading brigades that are attached to the ship.
    For example:
    Nuclear propulsion is now an brigade - selectable in the build screen. ( gives xxxl range and removes oil usage)

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold316 View Post
    Well you knew this question was coming soon. So I will get it out of the way and ask it. Were any changes made to the map? And, is it easier to mod the map now then before since you said everything is modifiable. Can't wait for the first screens. Good luck!
    No Comment
    - edit:
    The base map is still very much like vanilla we changed some straits and province types (some hills -> mountains etc..)
    But regarding the moddability :
    No Comment

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2EU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

This sounds good Lenartos. Cant wait.
    Eutopia is dead. Long live Eutopia.

Paradox Member #3510

England fan since 1966 but should consider looking for another team. [

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnl View Post
    Great ... I'm tired of bad AI and I'm losing my hope for HoI3.

Just some questions ... what will be the system requirements, estimated release date and price?

When you refer to AI changes does it mean your changing the AI script files or are you really chaging the core of the AI ?
    Both the Core and the scipts have been modefied.
    Mostly the Core though as that is where the most work was needed in my opinion.

The AI can of course be even better - so i think of the ai as a work in progress even after the release, and i hope that we together with enthusiastic players / modders can make the most realistic / toughest AI to date.
    However .... .... ... even i have real trouble fighting the Sovjets as germany now... it it a HUGE difference!

Nice project. Besides EU2 I played HOi2 (plus DD, then Arma) most of all P'dox games I have. I'm really curious how this new game turns out
    For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game

Grand Admiral of SKIF

HOI2 DDA sprites:
    Air Units | Naval Units | Land Units
    Minor sprite pack | DD interface mod

V:Revolutions unit sprites:
    Naval Units

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Any chance you will help paradox on making a better HOI3 AI ....HOI3 needs YOU

HOI3 ....Fan looking to have fun again in HOI2

Well if AOD and FTG are successes, paradox may eventually release the new
    Clausewitz engine at a later point, but this is paradoxes call...

But for now, lets just show how its done

I'm looking forward to this. Will it use the final patch 1.3 which is still currently in Beta 2 stage? Or are you remaking the game so much that that won't matter? It seems to sound like the latter.

I wish you and your team the best of luck in your endeavor!
    My sig: "edit: Emu'd"

HOI 3's 3rd expansion Their Finest Hour, Arsenal of Democracy, Iron Cross, and Darkest Hour. Also looking forward to the horde of mods I know are coming or are out. Good times for an HOI fan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast