+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Propositions

Quote Originally Posted by johnymathias View Post
    In my opinion vanilla game is to easy in economic things. On the vanilla we never have realistic problems with inflation or money at all.
    Right, but you need to remember that this isn't Magna Mundi, either. I know you're reviewing the tax penalty, and that's good, but even when I bumped up the tax modifier to its default value, I still had trouble paying for routes and a peacekeeping force.

I think a better solution would be to mess with the difficulty levels. That way the people who want a challege can have one, and the people who are less skilled at the game won't feel alienated. That's something I"m actually working on right now, if you guys want any suggestions.

Also, I think England should have a higher Naval slider. They did have one of the largest navies in the world, after all.
    Last edited by Jabarto; 21-09-2009 at 00:33.

NOP-field present Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Better and more English descriptions. I understand this mod was originally in Polish or German, right? It's understandable that the English descriptions are less quality, but some of them are just nigh impossible to understand. Ask someone who's good at English to translate the original German or Polish (whatever it is) descriptions to English. No offense btw.

If you guys are interested I'm also doing an AAR of a game I played during the summer with DeI 1.6. It's history-book AAr though and quite slow going. I'm intending to stretch it until the release of Victoria 2 and then maybe tramsfer the savegame and continue in Victoria 2.
    Linky to AAR.

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis IV

Trying to divide time between modding and real life...
    Quote Originally Posted by Qorten View Post
    Better and more English descriptions. I understand this mod was originally in Polish or German, right? It's understandable that the English descriptions are less quality, but some of them are just nigh impossible to understand. Ask someone who's good at English to translate the original German or Polish (whatever it is) descriptions to English.
    Well 2/3 (including me) of our team uses English quite fluently, and have no problems creating good eng descriptions. Their problem is often laziness, so their translations are sometimes poor We need time to improve our descriptions and correct texts created by 1/3 of our team that doesn't use English fluently

PS. Originally, our mod was in Polish.
    No offense btw.
    None taken

If you guys are interested I'm also doing an AAR of a game I played during the summer with DeI 1.6. It's history-book AAr though and quite slow going. I'm intending to stretch it until the release of Victoria 2 and then maybe tramsfer the savegame and continue in Victoria 2.
    Linky to AAR.
    Sure we are interested, it's awesome that someone here actually decided to write an AAR using our mod. What is more awesome is that it seems you were able to play during whole time frame with no broken saves or critical crashes
    Divide et Impera! for HTTT4.1c - updated 16.04.2010!

CHANGE YOUR GAME INTO REAL CHALLENGE!

You guys are gonig to be re-evaluating the economics in the next version, right? Do you think you can do something about merchants? As it is, I"m spend 30-50 Ducats per years just to keep my merchants in a signle CoT, and my trade efficiency is a paltry 17%, so I barely see any return - thanks in no small part to my "Deep Recession" that's STILL going on despite 15 years of peace and maximum stability.

I know how whiny I probably sound, and for that I apologize. I really do like this mod, else I wouldn't be taking the time to complain about it.

Also, is there any plan to make a manual ala Magna Mundi? I think this mod is getting big enough that it could use one. Heck, I could probably help you guys out with it if you wanted.

there already is an manual for DeI, but only polish version (and for the 1.6a release);P if anyone would like to help translate it into english, please give me know at konserw@gmail.com eventualy u can see polish manual here: http://konserw.ovh.org/a/manual.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Jabarto View Post
    You guys are gonig to be re-evaluating the economics in the next version, right? Do you think you can do something about merchants? As it is, I"m spend 30-50 Ducats per years just to keep my merchants in a signle CoT, and my trade efficiency is a paltry 17%, so I barely see any return - thanks in no small part to my "Deep Recession" that's STILL going on despite 15 years of peace and maximum stability.

I know how whiny I probably sound, and for that I apologize. I really do like this mod, else I wouldn't be taking the time to complain about it.
    Lowering your taxes via decision could help improve economical situation and get rid of "deep recession"

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Any chance for a Vicky and future (soon) Vicky 2 converter?
    si vis pacem para bellum Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.-Otto von Bismarck
    Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus -------- Istanbul Panorama 360
    OttoMania - your link to the Ottoman Culture and Lifestyle in EU III
    ................. Neo-Ottomans thread
    Who is this Tunch Khan? I thought Djem de Sayd was the only Ottoman Pretender the Christians had their hands on? ~ aylo1
    To be honest, this thread might as well be closed now. We've seen Tunch Khan - I can't see that there's anywhere else to go from here. ~ Austen
    Turkey in HOI2 - OTTOMANIA ~ Mod and Modular Pack for Victoria 2 - VIEW THREAD
    ........ **Thread Monster** ... History, with all her volumes vast, hath but one page.

I'm afraid not. Unless somebody would like to make such converter for us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2