+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Propositions

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis IV

Trying to divide time between modding and real life...

Propositions

Please, post your all suggestions, propositions and requests in this thread. Thanks
    Divide et Impera! for HTTT4.1c - updated 16.04.2010!

CHANGE YOUR GAME INTO REAL CHALLENGE!

I like this mod alot but what i dont like is:
    The map is too plain and even uglier then vanilla, how about adding the re-texture mod?
    And there are too many useless provinces like island of Man, extra province in Sardine etc...!

Quote Originally Posted by ForVictory View Post
    And there are too many useless provinces like island of Man, extra province in Sardine etc...!
    I wouldn't call them useless. I like the new provinces, and I'm sure many do too.
    Wants to write accents (ä, á, å, etc.) like it's natural? Have Windows? Click here.

“When we received Ribbentrop, of course he toasted Stalin and me—on the whole he was my best friend. (Molotov’s eyes twinkled) Stalin unexpectedly suggested, ‘Let’s drink to the new Anti-Cominternist—Stalin!’ He said this mocking and winked at me. He had made a joke to see Ribbentrop’s reaction. Ribbentrop rushed to phone Berlin and reported ecstatically to Hitler. Hitler replied, ‘My genius minister of foreign affairs!’ Hitler never understood Marxists.”
    (Vyacheslav Molotov, quoted in Molotov Remembers, p. 12.)

“Just don’t pick Americans, or the first century of your game will consist of ‘flatten neighbours. move slider towards westernization. wait for slider timeout. move slider. pray you get a suitable leader and that the first Europeans to show up can be reasoned with.’” - grommile
    “Seriously. I just wasted most of yesterday getting the Incas to the colonial period, and England came and basically ate me in one gulp.” - Mongoose87

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

There are so many good things in this mod. Alot of amazing concepts. But my biggest complaint is the speed. It's just to slow to play hehehe. Also is the game balanced for hard or veryhard settings? as the computer in the most recent update cant seem to stop going bankrupt =)

I like new provinces and all the minors but with so many on this engine it just slows the game down. Im going to give it a try MP over my LAN where i think it is better suited as theres very little pausing in MP games.
    There once was a man from Nantucket, His .....

1. less nations... sure those OPM make game more interesting, but they also slow it down
    2. allow player to choose his first NI
    3. higher income, -50% tax is too much, most nations start with very high decentralization, any additional tax penalty and they go bankrupt

Quote Originally Posted by roman566 View Post
    1. less nations... sure those OPM make game more interesting, but they also slow it down
    Many play it for those OPMs, including myself. (Not the sole reason for playing it of course, but it's a defining characteristic of the mod )
    Wants to write accents (ä, á, å, etc.) like it's natural? Have Windows? Click here.

“When we received Ribbentrop, of course he toasted Stalin and me—on the whole he was my best friend. (Molotov’s eyes twinkled) Stalin unexpectedly suggested, ‘Let’s drink to the new Anti-Cominternist—Stalin!’ He said this mocking and winked at me. He had made a joke to see Ribbentrop’s reaction. Ribbentrop rushed to phone Berlin and reported ecstatically to Hitler. Hitler replied, ‘My genius minister of foreign affairs!’ Hitler never understood Marxists.”

“Just don’t pick Americans, or the first century of your game will consist of ‘flatten neighbours. move slider towards westernization. wait for slider timeout. move slider. pray you get a suitable leader and that the first Europeans to show up can be reasoned with.’” - grommile
    “Seriously. I just wasted most of yesterday getting the Incas to the colonial period, and England came and basically ate me in one gulp.” - Mongoose87

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis IV

Trying to divide time between modding and real life...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrdie View Post
    Many play it for those OPMs, including myself. (Not the sole reason for playing it of course, but it's a defining characteristic of the mod )
    Exactly
    2. allow player to choose his first NI
    3. higher income, -50% tax is too much, most nations start with very high decentralization, any additional tax penalty and they go bankrupt
    1. Look above Also - do not worry, we are planning to release a version with no North American, Brazilian and Oceanian states. Let's call it "Old World" version or something.
    2. the reason that first NI is allready picked is that AI used to pick some ridiculous first ideas.
    3. I hate the income either, but it wasn't my call. I'll try to convince the person responsible that this is too much (too little), but I promise nothing...
    Quote Originally Posted by extox View Post
    Im going to give it a try MP over my LAN where i think it is better suited as theres very little pausing in MP games.
    I'm not sure whether it'll be good idea or not. I know some people tried MP on DeI and it wasn't playable due to synchronization problems. I don't know if they used LAN or not, though.
    I like this mod alot but what i dont like is:
    The map is too plain and even uglier then vanilla, how about adding the re-texture mod?
    We think of it, but consider this - all these graphical mods will slow the game too.

EDIT: It's possible that "Old World" version will become the only one version due to performance loss caused by upcoming expansion
    Last edited by einfall; 15-09-2009 at 21:51.
    Divide et Impera! for HTTT4.1c - updated 16.04.2010!

CHANGE YOUR GAME INTO REAL CHALLENGE!

Quote Originally Posted by einfall View Post
    2. the reason that first NI is allready picked is that AI used to pick some ridiculous first ideas.
    I think I may have found a problem with this. The beginning ideas all get removed later in the game, yes? Well, I started a game in the 1600's to test stuff out, and when the ideas went obsolete, the AI never replaced them.

-50% tax is too much, most nations start with very high decentralization, any additional tax penalty and they go bankrupt
    In what file is this, so i can change it myself.

In what file is this, so i can change it myself.
    I think I found it. In the "common" folder, there's a file called "static_modifiers". Open that up and look for a line that looks like this:

}

city = {
    local_tax_modifier = 0.50 # full tax
    }
    That value is at 1.00 in vanilla EU3, so it must be it.

EDIT: I also have a propostion. Can the "large country" modifier be tied to your national ideas instead of (or perhpas in additioin to) your innovative-narrowminded slider? It doesn't make much sense to me, and ideas like Bureaucracy should be able to help, too.

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Jabarto
    That value is at 1.00 in vanilla EU3, so it must be it.
    That have no sense up tax into 100% when you have 1% from each 1000 population in province. In city with 100K you will have 200% taxes!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabarto
    I also have a propostion. Can the "large country" modifier be tied to your national ideas instead of (or perhpas in additioin to) your innovative-narrowminded slider? It doesn't make much sense to me, and ideas like Bureaucracy should be able to help, too.
    Now "big country" modifier is depend from innovative_narrowminded slider and form of government. And we have 50 different versions of that modifier (from 1 to 10 large - each in 5 versions). If I want to add just one new factor (f.e. bureaucracy= yes/no) that will be 100 versions... I thought before about a many factors, but each next make do this system much bigger. So I stopped on the 50 now. (Yes, I know, I'm lazy :P)

Quote Originally Posted by johnymathias View Post
    That have no sense up tax into 100% when you have 1% from each 1000 population in province. In city with 100K you will have 200% taxes!
    I only set it to 75%. I'll remove the population bonus if things get too crazy with taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by johnymathias View Post
    Now "big country" modifier is depend from innovative_narrowminded slider and form of government. And we have 50 different versions of that modifier (from 1 to 10 large - each in 5 versions). If I want to add just one new factor (f.e. bureaucracy= yes/no) that will be 100 versions... I thought before about a many factors, but each next make do this system much bigger. So I stopped on the 50 now. (Yes, I know, I'm lazy :P)
    Ah, I wasn't aware it took that much effort. I understand what you mean.

actually it's 1% for every 2k pop, and how many provinces with 100k+ pop are on map? population over 10k is BIG, I don't know how fast populatin grows, but AFAIK it's not that fast to change 5k province in beginning into 100k province in 1813, maybe with capital, cot and manufactory bonus... but I still doubt it

also maybe you should try coding large country modifier similar to SRI? there is one event that checks sliders, government, ideas etc and for every of those things it modifies one variable, then in triggered modifiers you need only to compare variable with nuber of provinces. with this adding new thing that modifies large country is adding couple lines in that event, not changing 50 modifiers

Lt. General
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis

The basic rate of growth of a right-religion province in this mod is 4.5% per decade, which means its population will double once every 160 years, or 2 1/2 times over the course of the game: in other words, to about 5.6 times its starting population. That doesn't include bad events but it also doesn't include marketplaces, which are really common.

There are 2 gameplay issues with making provincial taxes depend on provincial population. First, the game economy is set up so you have four sources of revenue, taxes, gold, production, and trade. Of these, taxes and gold are basically flat throughout the game, making them important at the start and not so much at the end, while production and taxes go up very quickly over time (due to increasing tech and increasing "demand" for goods as more buildings get built). Realistically, both should go up over time, but in-game they don't. Therefore, if you want to make taxes start from a lower base and increase over time, you should also make production/trade start from a higher base and increase slower.

Secondly, because the urban population of a province is built into its tax value, you are double-counting if you multiply the tax value of a province by the size of its biggest city.
    African cultures mod - a mod adding more cultures (and some other improvements) to Africa (In Nomine)

Africa mods for HTTT

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Roman566, BritNavFan - thanks for good advices I think, that we can increase base city tax to 60% and give bigger penalty from metropolises. I must also give some special bonuses to AI, because of a lot of AI bankrupts.
    BritNavFan - you counted in your calculations that (besides marketplace) improve cultivation give 2% population growth? And that is much earlier in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by einfall View Post
    isn't AI choosing ideas based on list in common/countries/xxx.txt where xxx is a country name?
    AFAIK in one of the patches they allowed AI to choose different ideas, but AI was choosing them on random so in next one they went back to choose them acording to that list

also could you lower size of garrisons to vanilla size? sieging lvl 2 fort is like hell, with lowered reinforcment rate I have to use two armies - one that sieges, second that reinforces and switch beetwen them

second thing I'm not sure if it's true or not - but I spent almost a year siegeing lvl2 fort and progress was still at 0%, maybe it was bad luck, but I think that siege roll is based on garrison size, so lvl2 fort with 3k garrison has 10% chance of having "food shortage" (without cannons or siege general) and later in game it will be even more difficult to have any progress

We have 1,5k on each fort level from the first version of the mod. I didn't saw any problem with siege of 2-level fort ever... Now I decreased also defensiveness about 20% (so with idea feudal castles country have defensiveness on old level, without: 20% less). So I don't understand the problem. Maybe that was just bad luck?

most likely...
    one more thing I just remembered - could you lower cost of military units to vanilla size? with nerfed economy and 0.05 inflation per year normal cost of units is probably more than enough to slow down player and maybe AI won't go bankrupt so often

AI doesn't must pay for units at all. For me that costs are OK - thanks that you must reduce army in peace and you can increase it by "National army" decision on the war. It make sens, is it? I admit, that now we have some problem with balance. But after change city tax to 60% that will be better In my opinion vanilla game is to easy in economic things. On the vanilla we never have realistic problems with inflation or money at all.

The color of Adyge should be changed to something else, it's seemingly the same color as Imereti, which can often border it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast