• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A funny little story. I have quite a few CK games going on--variety is the spice of life, after all--and in my Navarre game--which is an extremely funky one where I've managed to make El Cid lord of Iberia--the Gardman-Aghbanias surprised me by making an appearance.

As the lords of Napoli. And later--Princes of Salerno.

I'm still not quite sure how they got there--but damn it, I'm making sure they're staying there. I need top people to look after my Italian interests. The doom that befell my Lombardian allies shall never be repeated! (Long story there.)

A funny little story. I have quite a few CK games going on--variety is the spice of life, after all--and in my Navarre game--which is an extremely funky one where I've managed to make El Cid lord of Iberia--the Gardman-Aghbanias surprised me by making an appearance.

As the lords of Napoli. And later--Princes of Salerno.

I'm still not quite sure how they got there--but damn it, I'm making sure they're staying there. I need top people to look after my Italian interests. The doom that befell my Lombardian allies shall never be repeated! (Long story there.)

Fantastic! When you say "look after" you obviously mean "corrupt and possibly dismantle", right?

;)

That's one thing I love about CK and this community - we can take really, really, REALLY obscure dynasties, AAR-them and suddenly everyone's on the lookout for people belonging to those bloodlines!

Hey, don't laugh. One thing I learned about the former lords of Suenik from my Nubia game is that they tend towards the high end of the stat curve. It's sort of like the game wants to say 'I'm sorry that you've been stranded in the middle of nowhere with no real allies and support, and surrounded by expansionist Muslim empires. Here--this may help you cope for awhile.'

It never does, of course.

I, too, am a late-comer to this AAR. It has been both hugely enjoyable and a great facilitator of procrastination - and I thank you on both accounts! I used to more or less ignore that part of the world when I would play a game of CK, but now I find myself checking to see if Suenik is in existence and if so, whether it's existence is sustainable (and sadly, the answer to both of those questions is almost always no). Well done, and if I may say so, you wrapped it up well. A good ending is difficult to do, and you've nailed it here.

Absolutely awesome AAR, my favorite was Bagrat though. He seemed like the only sane guy in a room-full of crazies.

Not sure if I've asked this before, but are you planning a Suenik 2: The Gardman-Aghbanias revisited once CK2 comes out? Or would you say that you haven't decided on such a thing, since this Suenik AAR took you two (three?) years to play and write.

Loved this so much, great work an wonderful AAR

Not sure if I've asked this before, but are you planning a Suenik 2: The Gardman-Aghbanias revisited once CK2 comes out? Or would you say that you haven't decided on such a thing, since this Suenik AAR took you two (three?) years to play and write.

This would be a very interesting venture!!! I hope you consider it Iain as we have really enjoyed and appreciated this thread from the beginning to now.