+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Suenik the Beleaguered - a None Too Serious AAR

and yay Mleh did typeth into the console f12 die!

IA SHUB NIGGURATH
    Earth Needs You!
    OPERATION BLUE DANUBE, (It's still a thing)

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if an era can count less than a year...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

53 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Build an gigantic temple for the Great Gods of Goats!
    The christian god has been hiding since eternity, time to find the true gods!

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Hehe, the ghosts are brilliant like always

The Emir actually put up a fight Nothing that Suenik couldn't handle, of course.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Patron Saint of Suenik Iain Wilson's Avatar
    Deus VultFor The GloryRome Gold

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    this Al-Jazeera you've just conquered ... are you going into the mass media business then?
    Nah - Bagrat was the one into self promotion. Aboulgharib is egotistical enough to assume that everyone worships him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by morningSIDEr View Post
    Who needs television? Excellent update!
    Glad you enjoyed it sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Johan11 View Post
    How long until he beats Mleh's Record?
    See the last update - we're talking a matter of months!

Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    ... said the serial killer
    I don't know WHAT you're talking about...

BE QUIET DOWN THERE IN THE BASEMENT!

*ahem*

Quote Originally Posted by Eron12 View Post
    That was seriously sad. For such a mighty foe to fall with barely a wimper.
    Yeah - I was quite dissapointed!

Quote Originally Posted by Fookison View Post
    The bigger they are (were) the farther they fall!!!!
    In this case, down a well!

Quote Originally Posted by AllmyJames View Post
    Oh-oh. The only thing worse that the vengeance of Suenikan kings is the vengeance of dead Suenikan ghost kings!
    Yeah - they're not a nice bunch, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserMuffin View Post
    and yay Mleh did typeth into the console f12 die!

IA SHUB NIGGURATH
    Hehe - but no. I'm a no cheats kind of guy

Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus View Post
    I wonder if an era can count less than a year...
    That was almost the case for my second ruler! His "era" was one update.

Quote Originally Posted by Enewald View Post
    Build an gigantic temple for the Great Gods of Goats!
    The christian god has been hiding since eternity, time to find the true gods!
    Man, you Finns never got over your pagan past, did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Malurous View Post
    Hehe, the ghosts are brilliant like always

The Emir actually put up a fight Nothing that Suenik couldn't handle, of course.
    I'm glad you enjoyed the ghosts - they are proving to be a rather popular feature of this AAR!

As for the Emir, I will confess I was worried for a while until I realised that I could raise about a bazillion times the amount of men that he could!
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~
    The Sleeper - an EU3 Narrative
    These Oranjes Are Not For Eating - Fun and Games in the Orange Free State
    Favourite Comedy Victoria AAR: Q1 10 Q2 10 Q3 10 Q4 10 Q1 11 Best Character Writer: 28th Feb 10; 5th Jul 10 WritAAR of the Week: 6th Mar 10
    For AARs past and present please visit my Ink Well

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Wilson View Post
    I ask Mleh to speak with the chroniclers and take them for a tour of the Chamber of Wells.
    Huzzah! I was getting well withdrawl symptoms. Things are going scarily well.

Excellent update!
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

53 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Actually we Finns call the gods of old daily in our speech, Perkele.
    It can be used in any content as a curse word, it cannot be translated.

Hehe. Google says Satan!

And I use Perkele. It's great cos Finnish people think I speak Finn and non-Finns go 'huh?'
    Earth Needs You!

53 games registered

Hehe. Google says Satan!

And I use Perkele. It's great cos Finnish people think I speak Finn and non-Finns go 'huh?'
    That is wrong.
    Perkele is a name for the old pagan high god Ukko Ylijumala, the church changed it into a curse word since old pagan gods had to be bad guys.

Saatana is satan.

Santana? That explains so much...
    Earth Needs You!

53 games registered

Santana? That explains so much...
    No not that.

Look the lyrics of this song and how perkele is used in it.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xbyf3E6BSg

It can be used as devil, fuck, satan, damn, shit et cetera.
    Use your imagination.

200k clubDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2

I know where Smaland is - that's where Ikea is from. Aboulgarib could have got himself a Well extension kit and tasty meatballs. What a missed opportunity!
    Extra! Extra! Read All About It! The Star of New Orleans - A V2 AAR for an Independent Louisiana, told in Newspapers!

CK AAR - The Atheling Chronicle - A King Without A Crown
    Follow the descendants of Edgar Atheling as they seek to regain their throne.

Winner of the WritAAR of the week award, 30/11/2009 | 05/07/2010 ~ Character Writer of the Week 09/05/2010 ~ Favourite CK History Book Q1 2010 | Q2 2010 | Q3 2010

Rebellion! Treachery! War! Marriage! And You! It's all in the Imperium AARlandium Sacrum, a CK succession game with a twist! Read it here.
    Favourite CK Gameplay Q2 2010

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

Quote Originally Posted by AllmyJames View Post
    I know where Smaland is - that's where Ikea is from. Aboulgarib could have got himself a Well extension kit and tasty meatballs. What a missed opportunity!
    Even more useful, Suenik could leave the store with a portable well - handy for those moments when one needs a well but is away from the palace?
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

You're lucky you have rulers that can approach the record for rule. My first one clocked in at 41 years and no one has come close since then.
    Check out my Comedic Picture AAR: If You Can't Do It, Nubia Can! Weekly AAR Showcase 12/2/09 Best Character Writer 1/3/10 Favorite Comedy AAR (CK) AARland Choice Awards 2009 Q4
    My new historical AAR: Of Loyalty and Glory: The Descendents of Charlemagne (1066-1124) Updated 2/10/10

Crusader Kings IIFor The GloryEuropa Universalis: Rome

Looks like Mleh's coming to get his vengeance, I've got no idea how that can be seeing as he's a ghost, but we'll see...
    I will revise this signature when I have thought of something funny.

I ended up being a Count of the Duchy of Novgorod in Iain Wilson's Kingdom Of AARland.

Blog Entries
    SUENIK THE BELEAGUERED
    CHAPTER 69 - AND FOR MY NEXT TRICK...
    (1170-1171)

Suenik is still busy with victory celebrations, but my mind is elsewhere. Although I dismissed a couple of wars out of hand earlier in the year I still have plans for conquest. My reason for refusing to be dragged into my vassals petty squabbles was down to the fact that I wasn't prepared for those conflicts and that they didn't feed into my bigger picture.

This, however, does:

How a man who lives in northern France and has no influence in the Balkans can dare call himself King of the Croats is beyond me.

His title will be mine.

Still, before then I shall take some time to relax and recuperate. After all, continuous war can take its toll on a man my age.

Perhaps I will go and relax in my tomato garden with my grandson. Maybe chase him around and kid on that I'm a monster. Maybe...

What? What's going on?

Oh thank you God. Thank you thank you thank you!

Who the hell are you? Where the hell am I?

Not hell my son, more like limbo.

Father?

The one and the same.

Does this mean...

I'm afraid so.

But...but...I've got so much to do...

You've had your time I'm afraid.

Oh.

Oh indeed.

One question then...

Only the one?

Well, actually, I've got a shed load of questions, but one I need answering now.

Very well son, but I should warn you that even the dead are no wiser where the greater questions of existence are concerned. If it's "What is God's plan?" for instance...

What? No. Nothing like that. I'm sure I'll figure that out myself. No, my question is this: who is that funny little man dancing around over there chanting "It's still intact! It's still intact!"? Is he and imp or a goblin perchance?

That, my son, is Prince Mleh I.

What? Really? Wow - I thought he'd be taller.

Oi! I heard that junior! You should pay your betters some respect! For I hold the record for longest reign of any Suenikian monarch!

Hmph. You realise you weren't even a monarch! You were just a prince, and not a very good one at that!

I still reigned for longer than you did though! How does it feel, to have missed the record by TWO MONTHS! TWO MONTHS!

How does it feel to have never experienced what it was like having the divine right to rule handed down from the Almighty Himself?

Hmph.

I thought as much.

Anyway, come my son - we have much to talk about.

Certainly. I am looking forw...oh no! I'm dead!

Calm my son - there will be a period of adjustment where you come to terms with shrugging off your mortal coil and...

Shush! I'm not bothered about being in dead. I'm more bothered about the fact that Krikor is now in charge!

Ia! Shub-niggurath! The time of resurrection is at hand!

Uncle Krikor? Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not you I'm talking about. It's him. My son. Down there. Crying. Like a girl. Oh please Krikor. Don't throw away all I have accomplished!

Odd. I'm sure I said the same thing when I died.

Gee. Thanks dad.

Quit sulking. It doesn't suit a herald of the old gods.

Would you pair hush? I'm trying to see how he's doing.

This is not good.

My dad has just died.

I am completely unprepared to be Emperor.

No sooner has my coronation finished than my spymaster has come to me and informed me that pretty much everyone I rule over hates my guts.

"He's no Aboulgharib" they're all saying.

"I wonder if he'll go the way of the last Krikor we had."

I don't like this atmosphere at all, so I lock myself in my keep and consider what to do next. First things first, I send gifts of gold and jewels to all of those who hate me. Hopefully if I can't impress them with my leadership I'll be able to buy them off! I can't stand war. A war now would not be good. All I want to do is build on what dad has left me, improve the Empire and make its people happy. War doesn't feature any where in my plans.

Oh dear.

I can't call upon my vassals to fight this for me at this stage - none of them trust me enough to let me anywhere near their forces! I guess I'm going to have to deal with this one myself!

When it becomes apparent that I'm not just going to roll over and take it (although, if I were more established I might!) the Sheik sends me tidings of peace.

I'm REALLY tempted to take this offer if it means avoiding a fight, but I can't lose face at this early stage of my rule. As a result, I lead my force into the heart of the Sheik's realm, confront his force and ask them to withdraw peacefully.

Miraculously, it works!

Phew.

I thought I was going to have to draw my sword for a moment there.

The siege is over quickly and it turns out that the sheik is actually a toddler, doubtlessly manipulated into war by his cruel and evil advisors! He agrees to rejoin the Empire. He also agrees to stop claiming that Constantinople is rightfully his.

I hate the business of state. It's so dirty and corrupt. That poor child might have died in this war!

I return to the capital (there were no cheering crowds to greet me - father always got those...) and set down to the serious business of marrying off my stepmother. She's been playing the grieving widow which is frankly getting on my nerves. So, I set her up with cousin Smbat and they go off to live in the Ryn Desert.

Well done my boy! He might not be a complete lost cause after all!

I then duly hand titles out to my two sons. Ruben, the eldest and count of Philippopolis, receives the Crown Prince's title...

...while Konstandin, who is only four, is made count of Serdica - somewhere father wrested from a disloyal Sheik.

It's a long way from home but I'm sure he'll be ok. Hopefully such a posting will teach him independence!

...and to be not as much of a wet blanket as his father!

Right! To building! Where shall we look to improve first?

What? I don't even know what is going on here! Emirate of Hormuz? They're attacking my vassals? I suppose I'd better wade in. Oh I really, REALLY hate war!

ARGH! Who are these people? What do they want?

RIP

Is the King of Croatia safe? Will Krikor prove to be nothing more than an invertebrate coward? Will the Empire fracture? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of Suenik - Land of the Beleaguered!
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~
    Favourite Comedy Victoria AAR: Q1 10 Q2 10 Q3 10 Q4 10 Q1 11 Best Character Writer: 28th Feb 10; 5th Jul 10 WritAAR of the Week: 6th Mar 10

Blog Entries
    So, with Aboulgharib out of the way, what is his honourific going to be? The vote was held a while back and I don't think I reckoned on him living THIS long!
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~

Aboulgharib the Deer-Molester.
    Earth Needs You!

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Aboulgharib the Close-but-no-Cigar... :nods:
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

53 games registered

Aboulgharib the Chaste.

And he was quite piteous compared with other monarchs of yours, enough modest and just, no signs of madness. A average monarch.

And No bestiality involved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 16 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast