• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, just wow.
If there was ever such thing as a Wham Episode on this AAR, this is it....

Oh. My. God. Yeah, that counts as special stuff happening ;)

Wow, really, epic.

A COUPLE OF MONTHS IN THE LIFE OF KRIKOR II

3131.jpg

Yup - things have become a LOT busier!

I'll provide more feedback later. Right now, bed calls!

I like people with names like Smbat and Hovsep getting titles in Germany :)

"Empire of Scotland"? :eek:

Oh, and a belated Happy Birthday Iain! :)

Last edited:
You're at war with Croatia?

Again?

Great. Now we're really screwed. Also, Empire of Scotland and England? Are they Orthodox?

I go away for two weeks and Suenik is in charge of Germany? :eek:

I wonder how the ancestors feel about Krikor conquering more by a fluke than most of them managed in the last century?

Time to give all your titles away except for County Of Suenik and start all over again :D

Nah. Iain should conquer every single province in the CK world, then convert to EU. Conquer every single province in the world, then convert to Vicky. Make every single province in the world 100% suenikian in culture, then convert to HoI. And then he should make the empire fall apart and start as one of the revolter states.

That's what you call grand.

Feedbackification

So, I take it this means that the German-Suenikian war is over? Right?

Yup - although it would be suitably Suenikian for me to be at war with myself...

That's cool! You're the new Charlemagne. Or he was the prototype of you! :D

Thank you, although I reckon Charlemagne was a lot more organised and a lot less stunned looking than poor old Krikor.

OK, that's too much!

World map please?

Your wish is my command - a world map will be put in the next post right after this one. What I've produced is roughly the extent of my Photoshop skills. If anyone fancies taking what I've done and turning it into something grander there's the title of "Offical Royal Cartographer of Suenik" up for grabs.

I love how CK can turnout at times. Brother v. brother, the fates of empires entwined in the conflict...priceless!

Yeah - it's occasions like this that drive home to me the merits of CK as a storytelling tool. The conflict between Krikor and his brother alone could make for a great story.

Norse power!

Also boobies

Also SUENIKIAN UBEREMPIRE

Check out the map!

Wow, just wow.
If there was ever such thing as a Wham Episode on this AAR, this is it....
Oh. My. God. Yeah, that counts as special stuff happening ;)

Wow, really, epic.

Thanks guys. I'm glad the episode lived up to the anticipation I was trying to build!

I like people with names like Smbat and Hovsep getting titles in Germany :)

Yeah. "Hi Germans. This is the new administration calling..."

ummmh, a bit of a show stopper! So Suenik now runs most of Germany .... should make it easier the next time you chose to marry one?

...and hopefully the next one won't be a spoilt little brat.

Still, by choosing her Aboulgharib set things up nicely for Krikor.

Empire of Scotland and England? Are they Orthodox?
"Empire of Scotland"? :eek:

Oh, and a belated Happy Birthday Iain! :)

Thank you very much!

As for the "Empire of Scotland" and "Empire of England"...

I think he renamed all the titles.

Well spotted Mr Muffin! Aboulgarib fancied becoming an emperor and the only way of doing so was renaming the title for the Christian rulers' king tier. While this gives me a cool title it also dishes it out to the rest of the Chritisian world. Including the one province "Empire of Sweden"... I justify this by saying that Suenik is a trend setter.

Yeah - it's a rubbish justification.

You're at war with Croatia?

Again?

Germany was at war with Croatia when my bro picked a fight with me. I am now Germany therefore I am now at war with the Croats. He's in a lot of trouble as I have a claim on his king title :)

The game is insane.
There cannot be more madness.
You have reached the maximum level.
Spare us. :eek:
Kirkor II is become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

The madness... its over 9000!
Sorry for that old meme here but i had to say this :p.

I was as surprised as you guys. But that's what makes CK so great. Hopefully there are still a few twists left in the tale!

I go away for two weeks and Suenik is in charge of Germany? :eek:

I wonder how the ancestors feel about Krikor conquering more by a fluke than most of them managed in the last century?

How do they feel? Well, I think it's safe to say that...

What's to say? CLEARLY I masterminded it all. Did you think that I married that German brat and put up with her tantrums for the fun of it? Honestly, you should know me better than that. No, I foresaw this eventuality and everything played out like I imagined it would. I'm a cold, calculating genius you see and...

*snaps fingers*

My story Aboulgharib. Back in your box.

Time to give all your titles away except for County Of Suenik and start all over again :D

I'm afraid the County of Suenik is one of the royal estates. But don't worry - I have plans to take things in a different direction soon.

Nah. Iain should conquer every single province in the CK world, then convert to EU. Conquer every single province in the world, then convert to Vicky. Make every single province in the world 100% suenikian in culture, then convert to HoI. And then he should make the empire fall apart and start as one of the revolter states.

That's what you call grand.

Tempting as that is, I've already done a megacampaign. It was a lot of fun but it took ages (in fairness that was largely due to me going on a year long hiatus every now and again) and once I was past CK there was literally no challenge to speak of which led to it becoming very stale. Almost nothing of note happened in Victoria and by the time I got to HoI my only challenge was learning to play the game (which I had not touched since HoI1). Saying all of that, it was a LOT of fun to write (and I was never short of thigns to include in it - the world's a big place) but a big time commitment, especially when nothing much was happening in game. Still, given that my megacampaign is eligible for next year's Crusaders' Chalice I think you should all take a look at it (hint, hint ;)). Considering that it's finished it's actually a lot shorter than this...

World Map - 1183

worldmapcopy.png

I'll leave you all to work out where Suenik is - you're bright lads, it shouldn't take you too long.

;)

In the Middle East and a little bit of Iberia the dark green is that Kingdom of the al-Murabitids. The dark grey in the Middle East is the Egyptians while the light grey is the Emirate of the Arabs. The minty green colour represents various arab minors.

In north Africa and a lot of Italy the dark blue is the Republic of Pisa, whilst the grey colour is the Papacy. The big mass of black in Iberia and north Africa represents various Moorish minors. I originally started to try and do them all in their own colours but then my eyes started to bleed and I decided on this approach.

See if you can spot the Byzantine "empire". Yes, I know. It's funny.

The large biscuity coloured blob in the east is Lithuania, and the little light brown blob is Poland whilst the dark brown blob is Hungary. The garish lime green blobs represent several Balkan and Greek minors. The orange blobs are various German minors. The light yellow provinces in Italy are Italian minors wheras the dark yellow territory is the so-called "kingdom" of Italy.

The dark blue in France is er...France wheras the grey eating into it is the kingdom of Leon. North of France the little cyan blob is the soon-to-be-extinguished Kingdom of Croatia.

In Scandinavia the pink colour is Norway while the grey colour is a mass of Scandinavian and pagan minors. Yes, Sweden exploded. If you want to find where Sweden is these days, look for the little red blob in northern Italy. Yes, it's still ruled by the Monferatos...

In the British Isles the English are brown, the Welsh are dark brown, the Scots are greeny blue and the Irish minors are bright, hurt-your-eyes green. I have no idea why part of the Kingdom of Scotland is in the East Midlands but that's CK for you. There is also one of the English provinces that's a OPM but I neglected to include him on the map.

So there you have it - Europe in 1183.

HAIL SUENIK!