+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 28 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1209

Thread: Suenik the Beleaguered - a None Too Serious AAR

Just to let you know, I've read the entire AAR over the last few days. All I can say is - brilliant!

Cannot wait to see what happens next...

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Just joined the forums, and read this hilarious AAR. Inspired writing, although i'm not used to not getting an update, i might be going into suenik withdrawl...

Quick question, how do you get avatars other than the Vicky/HoI/EU ones?

Ia! Shub-Niggarath!

Edit: Spelling

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

With the most beautiful girl in the world, or thinking about her.
    The promise of an update , then the complete lack of one leads to very little of me left inside.
    Last edited by Threedog43; 31-07-2010 at 02:39.
    And now for something completely different,

Read my CK AAR- Past and Present (sort of) a No Screenshot AAR Shockingly it has no screenshots.

I was Fan of the week: 31-8-2010

New things are dangerous. Like throwing a taco at a Scotsman. It's new, it's spicy; he'll freak out.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Threedog43 View Post
    The promise of an update , then the complete lack of one leads to very little of me left inside.
    +1.

And he didn't even apologise for Japan.
    I was fan of the week: 9/28/09

On semi-permanent hiatus until CK 2 arrives. Don't expect to see me on.

I didnt attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. - Mark Twain

Patron Saint of Suenik Iain Wilson's Avatar
    Deus VultFor The GloryRome Gold

Blog Entries
    I know, I know... I'm rubbish.

But you WILL have an update tonight.

Promise!
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~
    The Sleeper - an EU3 Narrative
    These Oranjes Are Not For Eating - Fun and Games in the Orange Free State
    Favourite Comedy Victoria AAR: Q1 10 Q2 10 Q3 10 Q4 10 Q1 11 Best Character Writer: 28th Feb 10; 5th Jul 10 WritAAR of the Week: 6th Mar 10
    For AARs past and present please visit my Ink Well

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Goddamnit Iain! It's getting tiresome! Get your shit together and give us an update!

Nah, just kidding. But I do hope you give us another update of your awesome AAR soon .
    Last edited by Nodscouterr; 01-08-2010 at 15:07.

Detective Lt., Police Squad Eams's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Wilson View Post
    I know, I know... I'm rubbish.
    Nonsense, you've managed to entertain a fairly great amount of people and simultaneously write two or three brilliant stories despite having a job and a family.
    You have absolutely no obligation towards us, and anyone who would claim otherwise is a useless, whiny bully who should simply go away and never ever come back.
    "Taking over the world with the USSR isn't a mission... it's just a passtime." -blue emu

o=||==Official=Poet=Lauerate=of=Suenik==||=o

Proud recipient of one phargle-O==|======-

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Eams View Post
    Nonsense, you've managed to entertain a fairly great amount of people and simultaneously write two or three brilliant stories despite having a job and a family.
    You have absolutely no obligation towards us, and anyone who would claim otherwise is a useless, whiny bully who should simply go away and never ever come back.
    -> -> -> -> ->

Those were my reactions.
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    AwAARds
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

Blog Entries
    SUENIK THE BELEAGUERED
    CHAPTER 80 - THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK (FINALLY)!
    (1185-1186)

Er...

Hi everyone!

My name is Ruben Gardman-Aghbania and I've, rather inconveniently, ended up as the Holy Roman Emperor of Suenik.

I know, I know... Some might say ungrateful but honestly... I was kind of hoping that my old man would go on for a bit longer and one of my younger brothers would outlive me.

The whole thing is just a bit...you know...daunting... I'm not sure I'm built to handle it.

For starters, nobody likes me!

Well, not quite "no-one" but a sizable portion of my vassals want to gut me like a fish.

I don't even know why - I'm sure half of these sycophants used to bring me presents to my father's court when I was younger.

My father's court...

Why can't it still be that way?

However, not everyone hates me.

Here's my wife.

As you can see, I've given her a job and she is now busy defending me from men in black pyjamas who want to give me an enema with a poisoned dagger.

All employed by my supposedly loyal vassals.

Or, in this case, not so loyal vassals...

I let him go. I really, really, REALLY can't handle the thought of a war with anyone. With this in mind I retire to my chamber and think dark thoughts. Hopefully he'll commit some massive social gaffe and end up as some Hungarian's court jester.

It's not just my vassals though. In fact, I think I've been unfair in branding my vassals as disloyal bitches worthy of flogging. It's not them that's the problem - it's these bloody Catholics!

I've grown up in the near east - I don't think I've ever met a Catholic! Aren't they just the same as us (only slightly more hung up on Latin)? And why should they hate me so much? What have I done to them?

Cast your mind back to my previous sentence.

Now answer it with "Burnt down some villages and hung the traitorous inhabitants within".

They had it coming to them.

Clearly my new image as peasant-burning-tyrant goes down like a cold beer on a hot day with the local Orthodox independents, as no sooner has the slightly nauseating meaty smell from what used to be a village vanished than I get offers like this:

My vassals then jump on the bandwagon and start declaring war on Catholic bishops!

Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! Hopefully this will send out a strong, forceful message to any of those Catholics stupid enough to still oppose me.

...or not.

Stupid Catholics.

I hand out this Bishop's title to some guy who's friends with the Prince of Arabia Felix. He should do a grand job of governing those irritating little Catholics.

This new piece of land also allows me to add another title to my collection.

I went to Sicily with my father once, back before the Catholics started trying to bring about the apocalypse.

I miss my dad.

He'd know what to do.

Especially what to do with these sodding Catholics...

Actually, I've just had a genius idea!

I give my new title to some Sicilian Catholic. That way, he'll go to his people, tell them what a great guy I am and maybe they'll stop burning effigies of me in the streets!

Sadly, not everyone agrees with the new, slightly fiery direction I'm taking the Orthodox faith in.

Toros gets a punch in the cock and a reminder to toe the party line.

As he's picking himself up off the floor Mira proves herself to be a fast learner.

God then proves he can go one better than me. I met out justice of the most harsh, genital kind to my subjects, while the Almighty really, really, REALLY messes them up.

Did I mention that Smbat is a Catholic?

That, ladies and gents, is what we in the trade refer to as "a sign from Above"!

Quite clearly, what I am being told by no less than the Ultimate Power in the Universe is that I should wipe Catholicism from the face of the earth. That's the only logical interpretation, right?

To this end, I have a cunning plan...

Oh YEAH! Let's dance Your Holiness! Let's see who's side our Lord is truly on!

Yes, Suenik is back! But is this the end? A mental ruler from the word go - what could be more Suenikian? What could possible go wrong? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of Suenik - Land of the Beleaguered!
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~
    Favourite Comedy Victoria AAR: Q1 10 Q2 10 Q3 10 Q4 10 Q1 11 Best Character Writer: 28th Feb 10; 5th Jul 10 WritAAR of the Week: 6th Mar 10

Blog Entries

Some feedback (AT LAST)

Hi guys,

A very BIG thank you to those of you out there who have stuck with it during it's hiatus. Hopefully normal service has now been resumed.

I'm also touched by just how many of you genuinely seemed to like Krikor II. He came good in the end.

And then died.

That's Suenik for you I guess.

Also, a big hello to aristos_achaion, magicdonkey99 (love the name) and Hashoosh - I always love getting new readers, so now that I've given you all a month to catch up *coughs* you'll be completely up to date with what's happening.

Welcome!
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

*finally stops shaking violently*

Is this...an update?! My Suenik withdrawal symptoms are vanishing, laughter replacing them once more! Hallelujah! Uhm...best not actually use that word considering Ruben's current disposition towards Catholicism.

Cracking stuff as ever, excellent to see an update once more.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Blog Entries
    Oh and an EXTRA BIG thank you to everyone who voted for Suenik in the ACAs. The fact that you were willing to support this AAR despite its rather lengthy hiatus is very much appreciated!
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

I love that Toros got punched in the cock
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre"

AARS:
    For the fern! Part Deux A New ZealandAAR Newly Updated! 10/5/10
    Land of the Long Red Cloud, A narrative New Zealand AAR Newly Updated 17/9/10
    Rebirth of an empire, A 1936 AAR Great Britain reclaims her spot at the top of the world! (Abandoned)

it's back! thank the gods it is back!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

With the most beautiful girl in the world, or thinking about her.
    Ooooooh yeah! i finally got my fix of Suenik. Seriously Iain, you have created a dangerous for of junkie, the Paradoxian!
    And now for something completely different,

Read my CK AAR- Past and Present (sort of) a No Screenshot AAR Shockingly it has no screenshots.

I was Fan of the week: 31-8-2010

New things are dangerous. Like throwing a taco at a Scotsman. It's new, it's spicy; he'll freak out.

Crusader Kings IIFor The GloryEuropa Universalis: Rome

Finally, we have a new update!

Man, I sense some interesting times ahead for Suenik, Ruben has gone crazy from the very beginning! I also liked the fact that you roleplay for each of the rulers, Aboulgharib would have never let that vassal go, but the (not anymore) timid Ruben lets them go.
    I will revise this signature when I have thought of something funny.

I ended up being a Count of the Duchy of Novgorod in Iain Wilson's Kingdom Of AARland.

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

For starters, nobody likes me!
    pah ... call that a disloyalty list , good to see that Suenik is taking a sensible approach to inter-faith reconciliation (after all if you only have one faith, it is reconciled?)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis

Yeah! You're back. With madness and mahem galore, and then more.

Just the way Suenikian adventures should be.

Marco Oliverio

I've got a new Crusader Kings AAR - This is cancelled due to update incompatibility... The Inheritance of Canossa

My Aydin AAR is on hold One Hundred Years and a Year: Tales of Aydin
    My Granada AAR is Complete Histories of the Islamic Countries: Granada from 1400 to the Early Industrial Period

I received the following from King Richard XI: "the 4th ever Irish Shamrock Cookie! {}"
    I was Fan of the Week 09 Mar 2010 & WritAAR of the Week 12 Jul 2010
    I received the following from Lord Strange: the Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I desire for much more. Please, do not abandon our poor souls milord!

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Great to see an update!

Ruben seems like an interesting fellow: burning peasants, a couple of dirty jabs and a slightly problematic reaction to his father's death and his own position - and THEN he goes crazy!
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 28 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast