+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1209

Thread: Suenik the Beleaguered - a None Too Serious AAR

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Sabatons 40-1 needs new lyrics.
    1-39 as it is in Suenik.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2

I think little baby Mira is the one who does him in. She cralls behind Krikor II, he trips, and falls backwards into the well. Yep that one. Or maybe there are sharks with frickin' lasers involved. I'm not sure which.
    Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARd 2010 (Round 2) for Hearts of Iron III Gameplay

Author of Opening the Papal AARchives 1453-1792 (complete!)
    And I'm just one of the many Paradoxian characters in The Kingdom of AARland by Iain Wilson

200k clubDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2

Excellent update! Imperial muffins, hobbit Croations - who could ask for more?

Oh - and an assassination attempt. If Krikor survives, I think it should send him over the edge, into a paranoid frenzy of counter-measures.

I think his death will come from a surfeit of vowels caused by all those western European names.
    Extra! Extra! Read All About It! The Star of New Orleans - A V2 AAR for an Independent Louisiana, told in Newspapers!

CK AAR - The Atheling Chronicle - A King Without A Crown
    Follow the descendants of Edgar Atheling as they seek to regain their throne.

Winner of the WritAAR of the week award, 30/11/2009 | 05/07/2010 ~ Character Writer of the Week 09/05/2010 ~ Favourite CK History Book Q1 2010 | Q2 2010 | Q3 2010

Rebellion! Treachery! War! Marriage! And You! It's all in the Imperium AARlandium Sacrum, a CK succession game with a twist! Read it here.
    Favourite CK Gameplay Q2 2010

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Kaiser Muffins?

In PLURAL??? OhMyJazzTobacco!

*CK message of insanity pops up*

Blabberblabberblabber!
    Last edited by Johan11; 16-06-2010 at 20:46.
    I was fan of the week: 9/28/09

On semi-permanent hiatus until CK 2 arrives. Don't expect to see me on.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” - Mark Twain

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Emperor Muffin

Here's hoping the Emperor survives.

Great update!
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Fantastic update. I have to agree with Bingo Brett; it has to be baby Mira who arranged the assassination attempt!
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Yaay Fanservice. Now have Krikor break his jaw on one
    Earth Needs You!
    OPERATION BLUE DANUBE, (It's still a thing)

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserMuffin View Post
    Yaay Fanservice. Now have Krikor break his jaw on one
    Maybe if the assassination succeeds or he becomes severely wounded, it's done with an Emperor Muffin?
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Rome GoldVictoria 2

Anyone else want CK2? http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post11267836

Thought so. And yes, it is genuine
    Extra! Extra! Read All About It! The Star of New Orleans - A V2 AAR for an Independent Louisiana, told in Newspapers!

Winner of the WritAAR of the week award, 30/11/2009 | 05/07/2010 ~ Character Writer of the Week 09/05/2010 ~ Favourite CK History Book Q1 2010 | Q2 2010 | Q3 2010

Rebellion! Treachery! War! Marriage! And You! It's all in the Imperium AARlandium Sacrum, a CK succession game with a twist! Read it here.

Patron Saint of Suenik Iain Wilson's Avatar
    Deus VultFor The GloryRome Gold

Blog Entries

Feedback to follow!

SUENIK THE BELEAGUERED
    CHAPTER 79 - ASSASSINS? PAH!
    (1184-1185)

I might be getting on in years, but it'll take more than a couple of wet-behind-the-ears assassins to take down the Emperor of Greater Suenik! A couple of swift slices from my sword and my assailaints are no more.

Oddly, The Red Messiah seems to believe that it was through her intervention that I was saved, but I'm pretty certain that I didn't see her in my room when I was fighting for my life. Therefore, I feel that I am entirely justified in telling the stupid woman to go and chase herself.

She doesn't take it well and gets all depressed.

I probably don't help the situation by telling her that I couldn't care less.

She pouts and tells me that she's going to live with her Rurikovich cousins where her talents will be appreciated.

I have no idea who these people are, but if they appreciate the likes of Alexandra I can only assume that they're destined for bad things.

(AAR Crossover Moment of the Week - she did in fact go north and become a courtier in some Rurikovich controlled county - I can only assume that one of Harry's minions planted her...)

As the wet, meaty remains of the assassins are swept off the flagstones of my bedchamber my herald brings me two pieces of good news.

Firstly, that the rebellious little count of Ikonion is back in the fold.

Secondly, that some Cretens want to join the Empire.

Naturally they are welcomed with open arms. I have nothing against Cretens.

However, just as I am about to launch the Empire into "Celebrate with all your heart for your Emperor still lives!" week (it's a new national holiday) word arrives that somewhere called Avhaz has taken to hassling my vassals.

Although there are calls for Suenik's "invincible" Emperor to take to the field and vanquish the army personally (I sometimes wish my PR people weren't quite so exhuberant) I leave it in the capable hands of my vassals.

Just as I leave my vassals to administer a nice, royal smiting to the rebllious Bishop of Hainaut (I had to have the Imperial Cartographer point it out on the map to me - it's in some place called "the Low Countries" - what an odd name).

It seems though, the I am destined to be drawn to the battlefield.

This time, I've had enough. Those damn Bogomils need to be shown once and for all who is the damn ruler of this Empire! I will not have religious policy dictated to me by a bunch of unwashed heretics with a stupid name!

Fair odds I am sure you'll agree.

Time for Suenik's "invincible Emperor" to do his thing.

*TWANG*

ARGH! Nobody told me that they were actually armed with actual weapons! I assumed that it would be all pitch forks and torches! Arrows really bloody hurt!

Get me off this battlefield NOW!

As I am resting I receive news that the rebels have been suitably slaughtered and that the Shiek of Avhaz has realised the error of his ways and has joined with the One True Empire.

I also receive a visitor.

Alexandra.

She's returned from visiting her cousins and has decided that she's a "lot better now"...

Apparently spending time with the Rurikovich's has convinced her that what she considered to be maddness was complete child's play compared to what they got up to...

It's a shame that she's better as I am feeling REALLY unwell after that tussell with those rebels. I could REALLY do with some kind of messiah figure right now to dole out some faith healing. In fact, I feel bloody awful. I...

*THUD*

What now for Suenik? What will Krikor's heir be like? Will the Empire fracture? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of Suenik - Land of the Beleaguered!
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~
    The Sleeper - an EU3 Narrative
    These Oranjes Are Not For Eating - Fun and Games in the Orange Free State
    Favourite Comedy Victoria AAR: Q1 10 Q2 10 Q3 10 Q4 10 Q1 11 Best Character Writer: 28th Feb 10; 5th Jul 10 WritAAR of the Week: 6th Mar 10
    For AARs past and present please visit my Ink Well

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Btw, where in the game are there still independent Muslim rulers?

Detective Lt., Police Squad Eams's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Stupendously brilliant stuff as always, Mr. Wilson, though the Greater Suenikian-German Empire must surely break into two or more pieces at this point, now that it's no longer led by the greatest, most courageous man who made men like Charlemagne look like pansies in comparison and who was just slightly less fantastic than Jesus Christ.
    "Taking over the world with the USSR isn't a mission... it's just a passtime." -blue emu

o=||==Official=Poet=Lauerate=of=Suenik==||=o

Proud recipient of one phargle-O==|======-

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2

Oh noes!
    Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARd 2010 (Round 2) for Hearts of Iron III Gameplay

Author of Opening the Papal AARchives 1453-1792 (complete!)
    And I'm just one of the many Paradoxian characters in The Kingdom of AARland by Iain Wilson

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

I have nothing against Cretens
    thats for true, the empire was built by cretins

Rome GoldVictoria 2

Oh no! What now after the death of Krikor-the-accidental-conqueror-of-half-the-world? Another Armenian? A German?

A very bloody civil war?

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Ha! I knew it was coming! Bad luck Krikor. Lets get another mad bastard in.
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre"

AARS:
    For the fern! Part Deux A New ZealandAAR Newly Updated! 10/5/10
    Land of the Long Red Cloud, A narrative New Zealand AAR Newly Updated 17/9/10
    Rebirth of an empire, A 1936 AAR Great Britain reclaims her spot at the top of the world! (Abandoned)

Crusader Kings IIFor The GloryEuropa Universalis: Rome

Wow, that was quite an abrupt end for Krikor, I mean, we all expected him to die by the hand of an assassin, and some probably guessed that he would die in this update, but not like this!
    I will revise this signature when I have thought of something funny.

I ended up being a Count of the Duchy of Novgorod in Iain Wilson's Kingdom Of AARland.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

Krikor was descending into madness quite nicely. He reminded me of Rinzwind somehow ..

I think Mira will manouvre herself into a position of power now though. This is her chance..
    "Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    Ah, Krikor finally gave his pipe to St. Martin...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Murmurandus View Post
    Ah, Krikor finally gave his pipe to St. Martin...
    Err.... What?
    I was fan of the week: 9/28/09

On semi-permanent hiatus until CK 2 arrives. Don't expect to see me on.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” - Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 26 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast