+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 22 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Suenik the Beleaguered - a None Too Serious AAR

Crusader Kings IIFor The GloryEuropa Universalis: Rome

Great update as always....
    Looks like Krikor I did make something of a reappearance, just not in the person I was expecting...
    I will revise this signature when I have thought of something funny.

I ended up being a Count of the Duchy of Novgorod in Iain Wilson's Kingdom Of AARland.

Crusader for Fun and Profit Murmurandus's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Meerhout, Flanders, Belgium - Born in Brugge;)
    Blog Entries
    She's very bright, and some of my advisors point out that her love of piranhas and tendency to laugh maniacally at the slightest little thing have all the hallmarks of her being a "classically Suenikian woman". I'm puzzled when they look worried when they say this. Maybe they're just nervous at the thought of arranging another Imperial wedding?
    Heheheheheheh... mwuahahahahahaha...
    "May the Earth tremble with Beer... euh, Fear"

"Never change a winning avatar..."

"Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes."

Ubisoft EUII 1.09 ~ Strategy First Victoria 1.04 ~ Paradox CK Deus Vult ~ Paradox HoI2 Doomsday ~ Paradox EUIII Complete ~ Paradox EU: Rome Gold

Currently being a loser in Hattrick as FC MMDS (316966) as you could read here .

200k clubDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2

Krikor seems to be doing a decent job maintaining his sunny disposition despite his courtiers. For now. I do feel sorry for him though. Suenik just isn't the right place to try and be a peacemonger.
    Extra! Extra! Read All About It! The Star of New Orleans - A V2 AAR for an Independent Louisiana, told in Newspapers!

CK AAR - The Atheling Chronicle - A King Without A Crown
    Follow the descendants of Edgar Atheling as they seek to regain their throne.

Winner of the WritAAR of the week award, 30/11/2009 | 05/07/2010 ~ Character Writer of the Week 09/05/2010 ~ Favourite CK History Book Q1 2010 | Q2 2010 | Q3 2010

Rebellion! Treachery! War! Marriage! And You! It's all in the Imperium AARlandium Sacrum, a CK succession game with a twist! Read it here.
    Favourite CK Gameplay Q2 2010

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Counts? Maybe I used too many vowels there...

You're so evil.
    Now you have reason to conquer the whole Rus.

To have an Illiad of your own.
    Introduce the world Suenikian Horse.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

CK world will always ruin your mood.
    I was fan of the week: 9/28/09

On semi-permanent hiatus until CK 2 arrives. Don't expect to see me on.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” - Mark Twain

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Wilson View Post
    Davyd Rurikovich - something tells me he'll get his just desserts in the afterlife.
    A Rurikovich proving an adulterous blaggard? I would never have thought that possible. Still, Harry will be happy. Good stuff, and a very enjoyable update.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

With the most beautiful girl in the world, or thinking about her.
    Update! Update! Update! ... Sorry the little whiny kid in me is getting upset at waiting.

Patron Saint of Suenik Iain Wilson's Avatar
    Deus VultFor The GloryRome Gold

Blog Entries
    Hi chaps,

Apologies about the lack of updates/feedback.

HOPEFULLY I'll have something for you all tonight.

HOPEFULLY.

If not, tomorrow night.

Remember that "something special" I mentioned a little while back? Well, that's only two updates off.

Stay tuned...
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~
    The Sleeper - an EU3 Narrative
    These Oranjes Are Not For Eating - Fun and Games in the Orange Free State
    Favourite Comedy Victoria AAR: Q1 10 Q2 10 Q3 10 Q4 10 Q1 11 Best Character Writer: 28th Feb 10; 5th Jul 10 WritAAR of the Week: 6th Mar 10
    For AARs past and present please visit my Ink Well

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Iain Wilson View Post
    Hi chaps,

Apologies about the lack of updates/feedback.

HOPEFULLY I'll have something for you all tonight.

HOPEFULLY.

If not, tomorrow night.

Remember that "something special" I mentioned a little while back? Well, that's only two updates off.

Stay tuned...
    Something special?!

Cannot wait. Post now. Now.
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre"

AARS:
    For the fern! Part Deux A New ZealandAAR Newly Updated! 10/5/10
    Land of the Long Red Cloud, A narrative New Zealand AAR Newly Updated 17/9/10
    Rebirth of an empire, A 1936 AAR Great Britain reclaims her spot at the top of the world! (Abandoned)

Manners Makyth Man Demi Moderator Lord Strange's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Congratulations Mr Wilson! Your wonderfully ironic and hilarious AAR has been deemed Awesome enough to be awarded a Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness Place it in your Sig to prove to the world how wonderful this AAR is
    Founder of the Lord Strange School of Thought

If I'm speaking in Gold, it means I'm speaking in my capacity as a Demi-Mod.
    Any other colour, it's your choice whether to pay attention or not

Blog Entries
    SUENIK THE BELEAGUERED
    CHAPTER 75 - WHERE DID ALL THE GOOD GENERALS GO?
    (1178-1179)

NOTE: Many, many, MANY apologies for the huge delay in updating this - real life has been heinously busy. Normal service should resume shortly.

Despite my marshal having served me ably, I'm not interested in able servants if their er...ableness comes from the fact that they've made pacts with Satan and all his little imps. Therefore, I ship him off to meet the Inquisition.

Besides, I have this guy waiting in the wings to take his place so – meh - no great loss.

No sooner have the Inquisition flame-grilled Gurgen, than my new wife comes to be and insists that she wants to show me just how impressed she is with my staunchly Christian stance on all matters occult.

Wow - not only is does she possess youthful er...exuberance in abundance, she also has a damn sight more moral fibre than that last whore I married.

I stand on the battlements of my castle, look out over the (heretic infested) land before me and smile.

Life is good.

Trust my vassals to ruin things for me.

Ah - not content with fighting the "emperor", they have decided to mix things up with his vassals too. I offer both wronged parties peace but neither are willing to listen. For some reason the ineffectual, neutered Byzantine remnant WANTS to go up against me.

I guess I'm going to have to end this quickly.

Thankfully Suenik has a fine military tradition of heroic warriors and able leaders. I have every confidence that my generals will bring this war to a swift and glorious conclusion.

Great.

Amidst the screams of the dying and the rivers of blood there is some good news.

Sadly I left it to my wife to name my daughter and I'm not entirely certain she wasn't drinking when she named her. Just how do I pronounce that name? "Hoor-ig"? "How-ar-ig"? "Our-ig"?

Good job she's the daughter of an emperor, otherwise she'd probably end up being bullied at school.

To make matters worse, the Emir of Granada takes this opportunity to declare war on me - again - and then says that we can be friends if I pay for his castle to be done up.

I politely decline and inform him that my men will pull his world down around his ears.

Wow - listen to me. That's hero talk! I scared myself!

Sadly, the first skirmish of the war with Granada doesn't go that well, and the shambling, slavering idiots that I employ as troops lead to the Emir sending me a note stating "Nothing’s fallen down yet. You'll be sure to let me know when they start?"

Argh.

Thankfully, the emperor is very quickly sorted out - myself and the Emir of Arabs find ourselves unlikely allies as we partition Cyprus between us.

I then have the emperor hand out a lot of his land to some of my vassals. I can't justify taking any myself, but ruling over scheming, power-hungry Greek princes means that there's every likely hood that in every war with Byzantium I will have a couple of Princes under my command who will be able to cite some tenuous claim on the emperor's lands.

Meanwhile, the cycle of ineptitude against the Granadans (sp?) reaches epic proportions when I'm forced to pay a staggering sum of cash to secure the release of my steward who somehow managed to get himself captured.

He returns bearing a note saying "Found: one steward. PS - my world is still firmly above my ears. How's yours doing?"

I'm almost ready to start smashing things wantonly in frustration when my Bishop says the one thing guaranteed to bring a smile to my face.

You'd be amazed how long some people can take to burn...

Buoyed, I decide to end the war with Granada myself. I ride out that morning with my host and meet the Emir in battle, reinforcing a Suenikian division that was about to turn tail and run.

I fight back my nerves, turn to my men, raise my sword and yell "CHARGE!" Twelve thousand voices join mine and battle is joined.

How will the battle go? How many updates until the "special update"? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of Suenik - Land of the Beleaguered!
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~
    Favourite Comedy Victoria AAR: Q1 10 Q2 10 Q3 10 Q4 10 Q1 11 Best Character Writer: 28th Feb 10; 5th Jul 10 WritAAR of the Week: 6th Mar 10

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Strange View Post
    Congratulations Mr Wilson! Your wonderfully ironic and hilarious AAR has been deemed Awesome enough to be awarded a Lord Strange Cookie of British Awesomeness Place it in your Sig to prove to the world how wonderful this AAR is
    Thank you very much kind sir! I shall plop it onto my sig and wear it with pride!
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

Sadly I left it to my wife to name my daughter and I'm not entirely certain she wasn't drinking when she named her. Just how do I pronounce that name? "Hoor-ig"? "How-ar-ig"? "Our-ig"?
    Oi-U-rig? Not that it matters, he's obviously dead now ... wild claims+battle=dead, QED
    Last edited by loki100; 31-05-2010 at 10:17.

The Avatar of Time 4th Dimension's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

How will the battle go? How many updates until the "special update"? Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of Suenik - Land of the Beleaguered!
    Gloating and than charging? He is shurely going to end up dead.
    In my cookie jar
    Krofta Kookie! | PanzAARcookie! | Uniting Russia's Russian double-chip Peter Wrangel's chocolate cookie• | Got 10 in Timelines

To place foot upon tyrany's neck,
    to lead tyrants to knowledge of the right,
    this is the most sacred of man's duties!
    Bishop Danilo - The Mountain Wreath

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

He's dead now. No doubt about it. Suenik tradition and all that
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre"

AARS:
    For the fern! Part Deux A New ZealandAAR Newly Updated! 10/5/10
    Land of the Long Red Cloud, A narrative New Zealand AAR Newly Updated 17/9/10
    Rebirth of an empire, A 1936 AAR Great Britain reclaims her spot at the top of the world! (Abandoned)

Crusader Kings IIFor The GloryEuropa Universalis: Rome

Is it just me or is the new Krikor slowly evolving into Aboulgharib?......

A battle, eh? He might just survive....
    I will revise this signature when I have thought of something funny.

I ended up being a Count of the Duchy of Novgorod in Iain Wilson's Kingdom Of AARland.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

A good news?
    A daughter named Hadrig?

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Well, the update certainly was worth the wait, really funny stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
    Gloating and than charging? He is shurely going to end up dead.
    Hehe, that's what comes to mind given that it's Suenik
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    He's dead now. No doubt about it. Suenik tradition and all that
    I would agree....
    I was fan of the week: 9/28/09

On semi-permanent hiatus until CK 2 arrives. Don't expect to see me on.

“I didn’t attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” - Mark Twain

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Very good update, and a soon likely very dead Krikor.
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 22 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast