+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 53 ... LastLast

Thread: A Validator for EU3

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    I think i'm getting there. I've completed the files. Now i just need to do some tidying up. The EU3 folder for the Validator will be online during the week-end.

I guess that there will still be some triggers and commands still absent (and therefore might come up as supposed bugs), so we shall have to improve it further with your input.

One known issue (at least until Jamie550 finds a solution) : the scope "THIS". As far as i can tell, the "THIS" scope can be used as a province or a country scope within a country scope, or as a province or a country scope within a province scope. Therefore, at some point, either the Validator can be set not to check for some bugs, or it reports a bug that is not one. For the moment, i have it report the bug (i just dismiss that part of the report).
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

great work Gigau, Jamie550, and all others!
    this looks like it will be a great tool for modders.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Something that may be of interest

~Jamie

Download the Validator: Eu4 | Ck2 | March of the Eagles | Hoi3 | Victoria II | Eu3 | EU Rome | Sengoku

83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Oh yes ! It is of interest. Is it availlable in the current download link ?

If not, here are the files i worked on for EU3, if you want to implement them before uploading the new version.
    Last edited by gigau; 29-03-2010 at 17:13.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Oh yes ! It is of interest. Is it availlable in the current download link ?

If not, here are the files i worked on for EU3, if you want to implement them before uploading the new version.
    Not yet, as you can see from the screenshot there are still many things to do before release is possible

EDIT: Your changes are excellent
    Last edited by Jamie550; 12-09-2009 at 10:57.
    ~Jamie

Download the Validator: Eu4 | Ck2 | March of the Eagles | Hoi3 | Victoria II | Eu3 | EU Rome | Sengoku

Blog Entries
    Hmm, lots of vanilla events seem to assume that you don't need the owner={} clause to switch to country level in the triggers. Do you know if this is correct? If so, I'll change the ProvinceTrigger to inherit from CountryTrigger which should solve the problem.
    ~Jamie

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure that the "owner = {" can really be bypassed. I don't think the ProvinceTrigger inheriting from CountryTrigger as it will overlook true crash-causing bugs. I think it is better to add an unnecessary owner scope that overlook some bugs... but that's just my opinion.
    •

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure that the "owner = {" can really be bypassed. I don't think the ProvinceTrigger inheriting from CountryTrigger as it will overlook true crash-causing bugs. I think it is better to add an unnecessary owner scope that overlook some bugs... but that's just my opinion.
    Alright, ProvinceTrigger shall continue to inherit from plain ol' Trigger
    ~Jamie

This validator is awesome.
    I have a question concerning FROM. I assume that it is valid where THIS is valid, but only for those events that have the property is_triggered_only = yes. Is it possible to add this feature to the validator?

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Bug report

In Gigau's much appreciated update I believe that in History Countries.txt the code

Optional = { Left = "unit_type" Right = TechGroup }

Should be under the CountryFile section rather than the CountryEventList section.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition

Another bug report

I understand you can define a leader under a ruler like the following:

Code:
    define_ruler = {
    			      name = "Babur I"
    			      regent = no
    			      female = no
    			      DIP = 8 MIL = 9 ADM = 8
    			      leader = {
    				name = "Babur I"
    				shock = 4
    				fire = 5
    				siege = 2
    				maneuver = 6
    				}
    			}
    but the updated EU3 files report this as an error.

I think this was added for NA as the change log for NA says:

Added a new effect called, "define_ruler" which has the following syntax. define_ruler = { name = "name" regent = yes/no female = yes/no DIP= <num> MIL = <num> ADM = <num> leader= { <same as in define_general> }}

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 17blue17 View Post
    Bug report

In Gigau's much appreciated update I believe that in History Countries.txt the code

Optional = { Left = "unit_type" Right = TechGroup }

Should be under the CountryFile section rather than the CountryEventList section.
    Thanks... the bug report had me running mad...not finding the solution that was right under my nose

I understand you can define a leader under a ruler like the following:

Code:
    define_ruler = {
    			      name = "Babur I"
    			      regent = no
    			      female = no
    			      DIP = 8 MIL = 9 ADM = 8
    			      leader = {
    				name = "Babur I"
    				shock = 4
    				fire = 5
    				siege = 2
    				maneuver = 6
    				}
    			}
    but the updated EU3 files report this as an error.

I think this was added for NA as the change log for NA says:

Added a new effect called, "define_ruler" which has the following syntax. define_ruler = { name = "name" regent = yes/no female = yes/no DIP= <num> MIL = <num> ADM = <num> leader= { <same as in define_general> }}
    That's strange because the original Countries.txt file i have shows :
    Code:
    		Monarch = {
    			Single = { Left = "name" Right = String }
    			Single = { Left = { Literal = "adm" Literal = "ADM" } Right = PositiveInt }
    			Single = { Left = { Literal = "dip" Literal = "DIP" } Right = PositiveInt }
    			Single = { Left = { Literal = "mil" Literal = "MIL" } Right = PositiveInt }
    			Optional = { Left = "female" Right = Bool }
    			Optional = { Left = "leader" Right = Leader }
    			Optional = { Left = "regent" Right = Bool }
    		}
    The orange line indicates that the monarch can be a general...

Here's an udate of the files for EU3 (place the folder and the EU3.txt file in the Data directory of the Validator.
    Last edited by gigau; 29-03-2010 at 17:13.
    •

Another strange bug

deleted as not an error
    Last edited by 17blue17; 13-09-2009 at 07:45.

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    The effect

change_province_name = “Uskudar”

results in a bug of

Invalid character " "

with a rectangle in the " ". I don't know why as it appears you have the effect in the files with an answer of string?
    Here again, i'm surprised : i have an event changing the name of the province... and the Validator doesn't report any bug...

If Jamie550 allows me, i could upload the version i currently have...
    •

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lutharien View Post
    This validator is awesome.
    I have a question concerning FROM. I assume that it is valid where THIS is valid, but only for those events that have the property is_triggered_only = yes. Is it possible to add this feature to the validator?
    I'm not aware of such limitation concerning FROM (although i'm no event-scripting expert), but it makes sense, i guess. However, i'm not sure the Validator can discriminate such a thing between a regular event and a triggered only event.
    •

[SIZE="3"]
    The orange line indicates that the monarch can be a general...
    I agree but it still results in a bug report for some reason so we are missing something in the syntax

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    I agree but it still results in a bug report for some reason so we are missing something in the syntax
    Well, the surprising fact is that the Validator doesn't report the monarch-generals of the MEIOU history files (or the vanilla ones for that matter). I wonder if that wouldn't be a problem of version of the files.

Jamie, can i upload my complete Validator, while we await your new version ?
    •

Well, the surprising fact is that the Validator doesn't report the monarch-generals of the MEIOU history files (or the vanilla ones for that matter). I wonder if that wouldn't be a problem of version of the files.

Jamie, can i upload my complete Validator, while we await your new version ?
    I think we are talking about two separate things

I am talking about an effect. I believe the bug fix would be to add to commands.txt the following in yellow:

Code:
    RulerClause = {
    			Optional = { Left = "name" Right = String }
    			Optional = { Left = "regent" Right = Bool }
    			Optional = { Left = "female" Right = Bool }
    			Optional = { Left = "DIP" Right = Int }
    			Optional = { Left = "ADM" Right = Int }
    			Optional = { Left = "MIL" Right = Int }
    			Optional = { Left = "leader" Right = LeaderClause}
    		}
    I hope I did this correctly - at least it made the error go away.

Thanks again
    Last edited by 17blue17; 13-09-2009 at 01:13.

Change province name

deleted as not an error
    Last edited by 17blue17; 13-09-2009 at 07:43.

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    I think we are talking about two separate things
    [...]
    I hope I did this correctly - at least it made the error go away.
    My mistake. You did it correctely. Thanks for the correction.

I wonder on the syntax of the following effect:

Optional = { Left = "change_province_name" Right = String }

If I use in an event file:

change_province_name = "Istanbul" using " " then an error of Invalid character

If I remove the quotes then the error goes away.

The mod guide says quotes are needed.

I then tried Right = Untyped with no change - ie the error still shows up. So what should Right = be for a text in quotes?
    As far as i know, String works for text with or without quotes (at least, that's how it works for me). Could you show me the line of the report ?
    •

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 53 ... LastLast