+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 ... LastLast

Thread: A Validator for EU3

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    96 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarParadoxian Order - 2015

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    One more question :
    There are two other commands i don't know how to deal with :

policy_slider = Int
    specific_tech = Int

A little help please ?

Had an epiphany... got it to work.
    Last edited by gigau; 06-09-2009 at 01:10.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMagicka
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    War of the VikingsCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    [FONT="Times New Roman(and many thanks to D3v1l for pointing me to this thread ).FONT]
    no prob Gilles

I just have to say thats an amazing work now I can check all my modded files of hoi3, rome and eu3 really nice work

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Jamie550 thank you for the great tool.

Gigau - thank you for the uploads. You might want to add to history countries just below:

Code:
    Single = { Left = "technology_group" Right = TechGroup }
    the following:

Code:
    Optional = { Left = "unit_type" Right = TechGroup }

96 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of WarParadoxian Order - 2015

Blog Entries
    Indeed, thanks.

As for uploads, i hope to be able to upload a nearly finished version tommorrow based on Cabezaestufa's full list of event triggers, effects and scopes.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Right now, there is no SeaProvince. You can get one by adding an entry to Eu3.gam.txt under TypeDefinitions.

SeaProvince = { FileGroup = { Path = "map\default.map" } SelectPath = "sea_starts\Item\!" }

This will open the default.map file, select all nodes named sea_starts (there is only one here), then select all nodes named Item (when there is a list like in sea_starts, the parser translates it into sea_starts = { Item = 144 Item = 145 ... }, then select the right side of the item.

I'm planning to add SeaProvince in code, since Province and LandProvince are already defined in code. But for now you can add SeaProvince, and it should work.

gigau: May I integrate your work into the next version of the validator?
    ~Jamie

Download the Validator: Eu4 | Ck2 | March of the Eagles | Hoi3 | Victoria II | Eu3 | EU Rome | Sengoku

Very nice work. Am very tired right now so I haven't given it more than a cursory glance, but a big thank you for sharing this with us!

96 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie550 View Post
    Right now, there is no SeaProvince. You can get one by adding an entry to Eu3.gam.txt under TypeDefinitions.

SeaProvince = { FileGroup = { Path = "map\default.map" } SelectPath = "sea_starts\Item\!" }

This will open the default.map file, select all nodes named sea_starts (there is only one here), then select all nodes named Item (when there is a list like in sea_starts, the parser translates it into sea_starts = { Item = 144 Item = 145 ... }, then select the right side of the item.

I'm planning to add SeaProvince in code, since Province and LandProvince are already defined in code. But for now you can add SeaProvince, and it should work.
    Thanks a lot. Implementing it now
    I've managed to add several things on my own allong the lines of what you explained. But i'm still stuck on something : i've added the modifers (triggered, event or static ones) in the TypeDefinitions, to use them elsewhere. I'd also like the validator to check the commands of these modifiers. The trick is that most of these commands do not work in events/decisions/missions, and vice-versa. Is there some simple way to add this feature ?

gigau: May I integrate your work into the next version of the validator?
    Obviously, my friend. By the end of the day, i should be upload a close-enough-to-final (in case i've missed some commands and triggers) version for you to implement.
    •

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

Thanks a lot. Implementing it now
    I've managed to add several things on my own allong the lines of what you explained. But i'm still stuck on something : i've added the modifers (triggered, event or static ones) in the TypeDefinitions, to use them elsewhere. I'd also like the validator to check the commands of these modifiers. The trick is that most of these commands do not work in events/decisions/missions, and vice-versa. Is there some simple way to add this feature ?

Obviously, my friend. By the end of the day, i should be upload a close-enough-to-final (in case i've missed some commands and triggers) version for you to implement.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean: You have three commands A, B, and C. A only works for events, C only works for modifiers, and B works for both events and modifiers.

In this case, the best way is to make a "hierarchy" of types. Your base type would have B in it, while your modifier type would inherit from the base type and add C, while your event type would also inherit from the base type and add A. It would look something like this:

CommandBase={
    Optional={Left=B Right = Int}
    }

EventCommand={
    Inherits = CommandBase
    Optional = { Left = A Right = Int }
    }

ModifierCommand={
    Inherits=CommandBase
    Optional = { Left = C Right = Int }
    }

So something with a type of ModifierCommand could use both B and C, while something with a type of EventCommand could use both A and B.

Note: Each type can have as many <Inherits> clauses as it wants.
    ~Jamie

Download the Validator: Eu4 | Ck2 | March of the Eagles | Hoi3 | Victoria II | Eu3 | EU Rome | Sengoku

96 games registered

Blog Entries
    After burning a bunch of my last neurones and thinking it through the night, i give up and ask you : how can i script the following ?

Code:
    random = {
    	chance = Int
    	[Command]
    }

random_list = {
    	Int = { [Command1] }
    	Int = { [Command2] }
    }

My problem is that the part [Command] has a Left, but not Right.... Help ?

After that, i think the tool is mostly over... so it should be my last question.... probably
    •

Blog Entries
    So [Command] is a list of commands? E.g. <random = { chance = 50 money = 500 prestige = 50 }>?

You need a new type that inherits from CountryCommand (or whatever) and adds the chance command:
    RandomCommand = {
    Inherits = CountryCommand
    Single = { Left = "chance" Right = Int }
    }

And then whereever the random belongs, you would put
    Child = { Left = "random" Right = RandomCommand }

Then you need a random_list type.
    RandomList = {
    Child = { Left = { Type = Int } Right = CountryCommand }
    }

And somewhere
    Child = { Left = "random_list" Right = RandomList }.
    ~Jamie

96 games registered

Blog Entries
    I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean: You have three commands A, B, and C. A only works for events, C only works for modifiers, and B works for both events and modifiers.
    It think i get it. I set this hierarchy in the Commands file, right ?

Now, how do i have the Validator check the commands in the three common modifier files ?

So [Command] is a list of commands? E.g. <random = { chance = 50 money = 500 prestige = 50 }>?

You need a new type that inherits from CountryCommand (or whatever) and adds the chance command:
    RandomCommand = {
    Inherits = CountryCommand
    Single = { Left = "chance" Right = Int }
    }

And then whereever the random belongs, you would put
    Child = { Left = "random" Right = RandomCommand }

Then you need a random_list type.
    RandomList = {
    Child = { Left = { Type = Int } Right = CountryCommand }
    }

And somewhere
    Child = { Left = "random_list" Right = RandomList }.
    It was that simple ? Nice, thanks.
    •

Blog Entries

It think i get it. I set this hierarchy in the Commands file, right ?

Now, how do i have the Validator check the commands in the three common modifier files ?

It was that simple ? Nice, thanks.
    Yes, you can keep it all in the commands file.

As for the modifier files, it is actually slightly complicated. Are all modifier files the exact same format, with a lot of <modifiername = { effects }> clauses? If so, the following skeleton should work. (name it Modifiers.txt).
    Code:
    Definition = {
    	ValidatorDefinitions = {
    		ModifierFile = {
    			FriendlyName = "Modifiers"
    			FileGroup = { Path = "common" SearchPattern = "*_modifiers.txt" }
    			Description = "Validates the modifier files."
    			ValidatorName = ModifierFile
    			StartString = "Beginning modifier validation..."
    			FinishString = "Modifier validation complete."
    		}
    	}

Types = {
    		ModifierFile = {
    			Child = {
    				Left = { Type = String } 
    				Right = ModifierCommand 
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }
    Then you would add <Include = "Eu3\Modifiers"> to the bottom in Eu3.gam.txt.
    ~Jamie

96 games registered

Blog Entries
    The structure would rather be :
    Code:
    	Types = {
    		ModifierFile = {
    			Optional = {
    				Left = "trigger"
    				Right = CountryTrigger
    			}
    			Child = {
    				Left = { Type = String } 
    				Right = ModifierCommand 
    			}
    			Optional = {
    				Left = "icon"
    				Right = Int
    			}
    		}
    	}
    But the validator reports all the "icon" entries of the modifer files, even if i remove it from here and put it as a command.

Basically, all the modifers have at least one command. Most also have an entry [icon = Int]. And the triggered_modifiers has a [trigger = { [triggers] }] entry.

did i script the Modifiers.txt file right ?
    •

Blog Entries
    Well, ModifierFile itself only has a single type of child - the type with a string on the left and effects (possibly including an icon or trigger) on the right. So ModifierFile would be <ModifierFile = { Child = { Left = { Type = String } Right = Modifier } }>.

Then Modifier would contain commands, the icon, and triggers.
    Modifier = {
    Inherits = ModifierCommand # To allow all commands we want
    Optional = { Left = "trigger" Right = CountryTrigger }
    Optional = { Left = "icon" Right = Int }
    }
    ~Jamie

96 games registered

Blog Entries
    After reading your post and half an hour of trials-errors, i got it to work (i was already using "Modifier" script somewhere, messing me up ). The only thing is that it doesn't seem to check the triggers of the triggered_modifiers despite asking it to...(Scratch that last one)

I really love your tool.

One comment though : if there is a command or a trigger that is not in the files, it simply overlooks it. For example, if you write [satbility = -1], it'll be overlooked. Could your tool point out the trigger and commands it doesn't recognize ? Or is that too heavy ?

A few more things to add and tests, and i'll upload the files.
    Last edited by gigau; 06-09-2009 at 14:38.
    •

Blog Entries
    It shouldn't do that. Do you still have Debug={} anywhere? Debug={} basically swallows everything that isn't matched - useful for making sure there are no errors with your current commands, but not in the final version.
    ~Jamie

96 games registered

Blog Entries
    I go all the [debug = {}] you put, plus one or two i add with my new entries (like BaseCommand and ModifierCommand), but still... if in an event, i have nu_of_cities (instead of num_of_cities), the validators doesn't react...
    •

Blog Entries
    I go all the [debug = {}] you put, plus one or two i add with my new entries (like BaseCommand and ModifierCommand), but still... if in an event, i have nu_of_cities (instead of num_of_cities), the validators doesn't react...
    So you removed all of the Debug={} clauses, and still there is nothing? Maybe you could upload the files for me to have a look. I just tested, and misspelling something does show up.
    ~Jamie

96 games registered

Blog Entries
    OK, got it... i thought i needed the [Debug] entries. Removed them, and it works ok now. Thanks.
    •

96 games registered

Blog Entries
    Turns out that removing the [Debug = { }] entries showed me quite e few things i still need to do regarding the EUIII files of the Validator. I should have it finished by the end of the week. Although, if you want to help me validate the Validator, tell me ; i can upload the files in the current status, and upload them again when it's finished.

I'm going to repeat my self but.... although i've burned quite a few neurones on the tool, it is really awesome. The more i work on it and discover its potential, the more i love it.
    •

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 ... LastLast