• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(153720)

Private
1 Badges
Aug 13, 2009
  • East India Company
Hi, Samppa!
There are some questions.

So, make the following changes and save the file:

setUnitIdString uid_town_new
setUnitSpawnCoordinates s,-220.0,-1025.0
setUnitAngle 65

Then open Data\Missions\Generic02\generic02_units.dhps again and add this below your new port stuff at the bottom of the file.

addUnit uPIER
addUnitRootPart pPIER_01
setUnitIdString uid_pier_new
setUnitSpawnCoordinates s,-265.0,-1050.0
setUnitAngle 335

What mean and how to define values "setUnitSpawnCoordinates" and "setUnitAngle" for the ports (and piers) located in any place of a world map?

2. As well on these parameters from a tradeareas.txt (they have identical values only at homeports):

portCam_x = -214.0
portCam_y = 30.0
portCam_z = 7.2
portCam_beta = 34
portCam_dir = 257.0

3. How to resolve an input in homeports of other nations? :rolleyes:

1. There's no way to get coordinates in the retail version of the game so it's pretty much trial and error. In generic02_units.dhps (which has the addUnit stuff) there's coordinates for every port, these should help you. If you want a port near london, then take the coordinates of london as a starting point and experiment.

2. Those are the position and rotation of camera in the 3d port view. Homeports use the same level so the values are same.

3. I don't understand the question. :confused:

Thanks for a quick reply!

1. I hope in the future we will receive something like the editor :rolleyes:
2. Those are the position and rotation of camera in the 3d port view. Homeports use the same level so the values are same.
Ok, i.e. if I have disabled 3d port view in game, these values do not play any role.

3. I don't understand the question. :confused:
Sorry, mmm… what it is necessary to edit in files, that the ships of all nations could enter into another's homeports (friendly & neutral)?

4. What means the following sections in generic02_units.dhps?

Code:
   // Neutral
   setPlayer 2
   setFriendly 0
   setFriendly 1
   setFriendly 3

// Ally
   setPlayer 3
   setFriendly 0
   setHostile 1
   setFriendly 2

1. I hope in the future we will receive something like the editor :rolleyes:

Hmm I thought that building your own tools is part of the fun. :cool:

Ok, i.e. if I have disabled 3d port view in game, these values do not play any role.

True.

Sorry, mmm… what it is necessary to edit in files, that the ships of all nations could enter into another's homeports (friendly & neutral)?

Can't do that.

4. What means the following sections in generic02_units.dhps?

That's just some old remains, not in use.

Hmm I thought that building your own tools is part of the fun. :cool:
True :D if you the programmer. I work with a graphics, therefore to me is closer 3D, but in game it cannot be modified :( In any case, for building own tools it's necessary more info, than at us is now.

Can't do that.
It's very a pity, it would expand possibilities of editing of diplomacy and trade :(

The first pleasure from a "Modding Instructions Part 4" has passed. Where to add new ports? Islands and archipelagoes are not present, continents are occupied enough. Can be there is any possibility to edit an existing worldmap? May be in the future...? :rolleyes:

In any case, thanks! We hope that it's only small part of the info from you :)

added
Whether probably to edit homeports - to delete, transfer, etc? For example, if I want to remove one of homeports and create instead of it another on Madagascar (piracy homeport). Playing for the pirates (how the nation) owning this homeport, I will receive tasks from the EIC and the king? Though... pirates would be glad to send the king to ... :D

Last edited:
Whether probably to edit homeports - to delete, transfer, etc? For example, if I want to remove one of homeports and create instead of it another on Madagascar (piracy homeport). Playing for the pirates (how the nation) owning this homeport, I will receive tasks from the EIC and the king? Though... pirates would be glad to send the king to ... :D

I think you could take say sweden and move it's homeport to madagaskar, rename the nation at locale files and redraw the swedish graphics to something else. Playing as a pirate is easiest with the Pirate Bay addon. Also keep an eye on our next addon Privateer.

Samppa, I hope you are still around to reply to this!

I'm attempting to add in ports, but even when adding in your port of "New Port" by just copying and pasting, it all does fine until I attempt to add the pier info into the generic02_units folder. When I add

addUnit uPIER
addUnitRootPart pPIER_01
setUnitAngle 335

just under

addUnit uTOWN_indian
addUnitRootPart pTO_ind3
setUnitAngle 65

So it looks like

addUnit uTOWN_indian
addUnitRootPart pTO_ind3
setUnitAngle 65
addUnit uPIER
addUnitRootPart pPIER_01
setUnitAngle 335

This crashes the game every time during load up. Does this Mod interact badly with the Designers cut version of the game? I made the...

Data\Parts\Solids\Towns\pPIER_01.dhp
and
Data\Units\uPIER.dhu

Files, but they are still in Notepad/Text Document format, is this the reason why it crashes the client when loading after I link to these files in the generic02_units folder? If it is, how do I change the format of these two files to be a dhp and dhu format?

Any help would be appreciated, hope you're still around, 2 years after the last post in this thread =)

Last edited:
I made the...

Data\Parts\Solids\Towns\pPIER_01.dhp
and
Data\Units\uPIER.dhu

Files, but they are still in Notepad/Text Document format, is this the reason why it crashes the client when loading after I link to these files in the generic02_units folder? If it is, how do I change the format of these two files to be a dhp and dhu format?

When you save the file, select "Save As..." option, and from the "Save as type" drop-down menu, choose "All Files."
That way, the files you save will be saved will not be .txt files, but .dhp and .dhu files.

I personally can't seem to figure out why adding a new port crashes my game when I open up port window for any port; perhaps it's the DC version of the game, I don't know. Every other way of modding the game goes pretty smoothly... but the time I put in to get the ports & the piers in the right place never pays off since I can't use them new ports... or them original ports for that matter.

Anyway, I hope that helped.

I personally can't seem to figure out why adding a new port crashes my game when I open up port window for any port; perhaps it's the DC version of the game...
Has anyone figured this out yet? I'm quite a fan of this game, and I want to add more ports (specifically Barbary pirate ports).