• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does this mean the region limit is gone ? And nice to see more nations ! :)
It is written "all unlimited" except provinces and countries: Isn't it clear enough? ;)

Wait for dev diary devoted to the new database structure.

Oh, I have a question:

Have you reduced/remodelled the number of sea provinces?

In the EU2 period, naval warfare was restriced to coastal regions. And in EU2, navla combat was very "meh". So, naval provinces ought to be reduced, and if necessary, and if naval combat is remodelled, the coastal provinces ought to be increased.

Bravo Bravo! thank you, guys. You're the best. This looks pretty good!

An idea: is adding an "auto-colonization" option factible? Moreover, could you make a new window in the game where one can set his "auto-tradding" / "auto-colonization" priorities? Like, "keep sending traders to COT "X" until having # of merchants there, then send to COT "Y" or randomly (default). Something similar for colonization too. That'd be nice

This is awesome! :D

City graphics by culture! *_*

I like the writing style in this dev diary, it creates suspense about Garbon's secret task and other things, making me pretty anxious to see the next one :D

I pretty much agree with your approach to modifying the game - keeping it's core feeling, while improving it and best of all, making many features be customizable by the player.

Some cool features indeed, but there are certain things i do not understand, or like.

The toolbar on the top of the screen - it feels too empty (in my games such never happens, but again i use diferent resolution). Perhaps the icons could be spread more thin?

I also do not understand why perfectly made icons had to be changed - the manpower icon to the right side of the current date (which i believe was changed to these helmets - the same icons EU3 owners got below their nick in the forums), the CoAs or the army icons. Please dont tell me you made these icons the default icons for TFG.

Looking good.

The toolbar on the top of the screen - it feels too empty (in my games such never happens, but again i use diferent resolution). Perhaps the icons could be spread more thin?
Goal here was making use of all the available space in 800x600 for possible high numbers without overlapping and separate groups for higher resolutions.

I also do not understand why perfectly made icons had to be changed - the manpower icon to the right side of the current date (which i believe was changed to these helmets - the same icons EU3 owners got below their nick in the forums), the CoAs or the army icons. Please dont tell me you made these icons the default icons for TFG.
For CoAs, read again: "I also had the choice but I preferred to use a modern font and enhanced shields [...] Selection is easy in the Settings screen..."
Of course classic shields are still present. You just have the choice now and this is an easy to extend structure for new sets.

For other icons, helmets are indeed for manpower. About army icons, you know for sure there was no fourth level in EU2 and limit to three anyway. No more limit in FTG.

The more I think about it, the less I understand the reasoning behind the two remaining limits (countries and, especially, provinces). What's the deal here?
Technical limits for map building and display. Everything else was purely database.

Last edited: