• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Death of a Dragon and the Forgotten War

finbarr10x.jpg

Image during the Battle of Indore where a combined British-Pakistani offensive was turned back by Russian and Indian defenders.
There has been speculation if the man closest to the top left is Prince Harry, the English Dragon.

The Following occured on February 8 2011. Data transmitted to former British capital of London. Intercepted by 'Cobra'. Recording from communications from the Battle of Indore. Later used in the BBC Documentary, The Forgotten War.

Lion 2 - 4 = And Dragon is with the Royal Marines ?
Griffin 1 - 9 = Confirmed. Stationed with the HMS Albion. Member of 5th Assualt Squadron.
Lion 2 - 4 = And he’s pinned in the city ?
Griffin 1 - 9 = Negative, pinned in a stadium. A regular platoon is with them.
Lion 2 - 4= Who do we have who can get in there? SAS nearby ? SBS ? Armour ?
Griffin 1 - 9 = No sir. Dragon is on his own. No one is within a feasible distance. Forces have been pushed out of the city.
Lion 2 - 4 = Shit … we can’t just leave him there. Carpet bomb a path into the city and get our men in there.
Griffin 1 - 9= Sir ?
Lion 2 - 4 = Were not going to let a member of the Royal family be killed in some godforsaken stadium without having done everything to save him. Patch me through to him.
Griffin 1 - 9 = Yes sir. Patching you in.
Lion 2 - 4 = Dragon - 7 do you read me ? This is Lion 2 - 4.
Dragon - 7 = Lion 2 - 4 ?! Where the hell are you guys ?!? Were taking heavy fire in all directions. *burst of gunfire*
*yells go out for a medic*
Lion 2 - 4 = Dragon-7, were going to get you out of there. Were already sending in men.
Dragon - 7 = You better hurry up were *burst of gunfire* TAKING HEAVY FIRE !
Lion 2 - 4 = Well have forces on your position soon. Get your men to the best position you can find.
Dragon - 7 = Sir ! We’ve been in our best position since this shit started now where the hell are you ?
Lion 2 - 4 = Were on our way. ETA is about 10 minutes.
Dragon - 7 = 10 minutes !!!?!?!? WE'LL BE DEAD IN 10 MINUTES ! *explosion goes of nearby*
Lion 2 - 4 = Dragon, we are moving in now. Were diverting a unit of choppers to your position. Theyre going to get you out of there.
*Private Channel* Griffin 1 - 9 = Sir, Choppers are inbound but they wont have any support … well be grabbing him from the Stadium to get him into the air. Those Choppers will be entirely vulnerable.
*Private Channel* Lion 2 - 4 = It’s the best we can do. Harr- Dragon says they’ll be dead in 10 minutes. We are not going to allow that and have to tell the Queen.
Dragon - 7 = Sir ! They’re pulling out ! They’re retreating! *gunshots*
*Private Channel* Lion 2 - 4 = Why the hell are they retreating. Get the choppers there now.
Lion 2 - 4 = Standby, Dragon. We have choppers inbound.
Dragon - 7 = HA ! We pushed em off ! *cheers and gunshots in the background* Haha ! Copy that Lion. We’ll be waiting for your- *sound of aircraft streaking over head* Sir ? I thought you said that Air support was in- GET DOWN ! *numerous explosions are going off*
Lion 2 - 4= JESUS CHRIST ! They’re levelling the stadium on them ! F*ck ! Where is the air support ? Where in bloody hell are my choppers !?!
Dragon-7 = * Heavy breathing* Sir ….tell them ….tell England.
Lion 2 -4 = Harry, were going to get you out of there just hang on. We have a chopper that’ll be arriving momentarily.
Dragon-7= I haven’t …been on a chopper since ….Afghanistan. I can almost … remember it. Seems like ….so long ago …so long ago …
Lion 2 - 4 = DRAGON ! You have to stay focused. Well be there in a minute. Hang on !
Dragon-7= Sir … *loud cracks from the stadium are heard* …goodbye
Lion 2 -4=F*ck !
Dragon-7= *sounds of a building collapse* *Static bursts over the channel*
Griffin 1 - 9= Sir .. The choppers will be arriving in a minute. Shall I call them back.
Lion 2-4= ….
Griffin 1-9= Sir…
Lion 2-4= Call them back … get me a line with the Queen. I have to tell her that …her son is dead. Prince Harry … is dead.

--------------

Narrator :

The decision by General Moran is still controversial. Many argued that to leave the body of Royalty behind was treason. Others, mainly those in the military, argue that it would have been useless to have sacrificed helicopters to retrieve the body when they could not be replaced.

Three days after General Moran had notified the Queen, she still had yet to have notified the public. For the sheer sake of morale, the death of Prince Harry was deemed classified and the public only became aware after the war. Had Queen Elizabeth the II not died before the end of the war, it is unknown and hotly debated whether the people would have ever trusted her again.

The Battle of Indore was later lost and a monument has been erected in honour of Prince Harry and all those who died with him. A seperate monument was built for the Battle of Indor, one of the major battles of the Indian Front where a combined Indian-Russian defence force was victorious over the British. It was not until the second Battle of Indore that Indore was captured and held.

To this day India, what was once called the Jewel of the Crown, remains under Coalition occupation. A ruthless insurgency has continued for the past 3 decades.

OOC : My apologies for the lapse between posts. Ive been more occupied than expected. Ill be focusing somewhat more on the international side for a bit of this chapter. Expect more Germany towards the end of it.

Harry? Erm... Wasn't (isn't) Harry Charlie's and Di's son?

Thirdfain: They nuked Detroit and San Diego, and they're evacuating the US? I'd think we'd be celebrating.....

Lol.​

Herbert West: No, not really. Except if you mean that those who got heavy fallout (white russian/western ukraine, and whereever that damned cloud passede by) were not allowed to give blood for some time. That did happen a bit.

I know someone who was a child in England at the time of that. She still can't donate blood.​

Stuntdawg5: Awesome! You're back! I thought this AAR was dead. This is great, first Modern Day AAR that is actually realistic

Indeed. I come back to you now ...at the turn of the tide. Realistic ? I'd say semi. I had been considering something that would have thrown the realism off track. Im still thinking if I should put it to the readers to see what they want.​

Kurt_Steiner: Harry? Erm... Wasn't (isn't) Harry Charlie's and Di's son?

Indeed he was ... is ....

Another great update, I like the descriptions of battles that are used in post-war documentary. Please make more small stories from all fronts like this. The only thing I find unrealistic is UK conquering entire India. Even if British would make total mobilisation, they would hardly control billion of people in India via direct occupation, without puppet goverment. But if Pakistan is helping them, this could be possible(they have much manpower).

Alright, before I post the next update I have decided to give you all a choice that will affect the AAR and I will also be revealing a banner for this AAR later.

Now the choice is something I have been thinking of and have decided to give it you all. Earlier in the AAR I stated that due to the nuclear fallout society has basically collapsed and that the surviving population is running rampant. With the next update going to affect the situation in Germany, I would like for you all to decide what affect the radiation is having - if any.

Is the radiation affecting those outside safe zones or affecting those who are unprotected, changing them ? Is it simply killing them off ? Has it given rise to some sort of cult ? Post your ideas, Im open to all but number them from most wanted to not wanted as much. The one with the most votes will win. The only rule is to keep it within reason. No they r mutat in2 prp13 g0ri114z !!!!1

Cant wait to hear your ideas.

Last edited:
Hey Templar. Awesome AAR. Been reading off the radar without informing you.

About the nuke thing. I can imagine a weakened government, mass riots. Coups of all kind and generally it would be hard to keep up democracy.
Perhaps you need a single Fuhrer to take charge? :p

I agree with Andcus, weakened government, mass riots, etc. I also think several cults will probably have arisen due to the mass radiation. Maybe some that actually see the complete nuclear destruction of their country as a great thing and now have risen up in hopes of establishing their own sort of rule. So instead of just troops versus rioters there's now a few middle parties that shoot at both the government troops and the rioters and visa versa.

So mostly just mass disorder, lots of deaths, attempted coups left and right, bigger countries (and unaffected countries) seeing this as their chance to invade small neighbors who were under the protection of superpowers before..

Situation should be quite chaotic, but not in Fallout style. I like Fallout, but this AAR should be realistic. :p

This is brilliant! I just read the whole lot!

However,

Britain is surviving off of MNRTAI. Evacuation of British Isle to Scandinavia imminent. Islamic radicals seized much of country.

I think this is a bit offensive and unrealistic. How could Islamic radicals, who are a tiny, tiny, TINY proportion of the Muslim population of Britain, who are a tiny proportion of the UK population, take over most of the country? It would make more sense if it was Poles :p Just seems a bit Daily Mail/Sun sensationalist to me.

Ive gathered it should be chaotic and have taken some notes. Not sure If Ill be able to edit them in but Ill do my best.

Alexus :
This is brilliant! I just read the whole lot!
However,
Quote:

Britain is surviving off of MNRTAI. Evacuation of British Isle to Scandinavia imminent. Islamic radicals seized much of country.
I think this is a bit offensive and unrealistic. How could Islamic radicals, who are a tiny, tiny, TINY proportion of the Muslim population of Britain, who are a tiny proportion of the UK population, take over most of the country? It would make more sense if it was Poles Just seems a bit Daily Mail/Sun sensationalist to me.

I had been under the impression that there were a great deal more than are officially there. Excuse me if I was mistaken. Perhaps the rest of Britiain was ..... largely dead and they made up alot of the population by doing .... something ..... :p

Expect the next update soon. Not entirely sure where it will focus. Might cover two places. Anyone who is curious about a certain area, feel free to request an area specific update.​

I had been under the impression that there were a great deal more than are officially there. Excuse me if I was mistaken. Perhaps the rest of Britiain was ..... largely dead and they made up alot of the population by doing .... something ..... :p

There are, at most, a few thousand :p I'm still uncomfortable with such a high figure.

Why not say the BNP have tried to take over parts of the UK? There are at least 900,000 BNP supporters in the UK *shudder*

This AAR wins though! Will you be allowing reader contributions?

You inspired me to finally get MDS2 working :D

Times Gone Bye

GNN_logo.gif

German News Network Documentary - 'And the War Drags On'
Aired 2019. Part 4.

As the war against Russia was begining to face resistance, Shanghai Pact defences in Asia had entirely crumbled. The Americans landed in China on June 24 2011. While China had been fighting off wave after wave of Greek and Euro forces in the west, their navy had been bombed to near catastrophic levels. Following the battle of the Taiwan Strait, China's navy had been decimated beyond repair. The post N-D* China simply could not replace its navy in the east. The Americans however had coupled their navy with Taiwan and despite having suffered heavy casualties still had a sizeable navy after what had been stationed in the Atlantic was brought into the Pacific. The last remnants of China's fleet had been obliterated in daylight raids on their last open port. Hong Kong.

The last of the Chinese ships including the CNS Samurai were preparing to head to Vietnam to be repaired when the Americans made their attack. Coupled with one of the surviving British Aircraft Carriers, the Chinese ships were hunted and gradually sunk. The CNS Man of the People was the last ship to survive the onslaught. As it neared the Vietnamese coastline, the Vietnamese sent out their fledgling fleet, coupled with the refitting North Korean fleet to challenge the Americans and Coalition. One of the greatest naval battles of the war erupted off the coast of Vietnam.

Lockheed%20Martin%20F-35C_carrier_opt433x355_lockheedmartin.jpg

One of the last known images before the Battle of the Burning Sea. Picture taken from the cockpit of the Wingman.

It has come to be known as the Battle of the Burning Sea. The modern ships of the survivng US and some Coalition naval forces were fighting against a larger though not as modern force. Even by today's standard, the battle was pivotal. A defeat would see the total failure of all US operations against the Shanghai Pact as they would almost certainly lose the majority of their force.
The Shanghai forces immediately set sail to aid the Chinese and to cripple the Coalition force.

As nightfall approached on the 25, the forces of the Shanghai Pact sprung their trap. From their few submarines they launched torpedoes supplies by the Chinese. Their crusiers, frigates and destroyers all also unleashed their barrage and the American forces were caught offguard. The reserviced USS Iowa was almost immediately struck by 2 seperate torpedoes and a single burst of cannon fire. Despite her age, the Iowa took the beating and continued on her course, using her 16 inch guns to retaliate and instantly destroying several of the Vietnamese ships. The CNS Man of the People turned and sailed towards the Coalition fleet alongside the Shanghai fleet.

At this point the US Airforce was being dispatched from its Carriers while all regular and capital vessels bombarded the Shanghai fleet. After several hours of fighting, the Shanghai fleet had been destroyed, the CNS Man of the People, sent to the bottom. However the Coalition fleet had lost the USS Iowa, its only surviving battleship and numerous other vessels including the USS George Washington and the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower were sunk. The British forces lost the HMS Ark Royal who had been struck by 2 torpedoes and then rammed by a Vietnamese sub in the final hour of battle.

Many of the ships were intact but heavily damaged. The HMS Nottingham and the USS New Mexico were both ships that were heavily damaged. The HMS Nottingham was abandoned while the USS New Mexico was destroyed to prevent US Attack Sub technology from being captured by any remaining Shanghai vessels. Overall, the Chinese Navy ceased to exist while the North Korean navy and Vietnamese navy were rendered decimated and ineffective. The US Naval forces lost 3/4s of their force and retreated to Japan while the surviving members of the British forces boarded the USS Abraham Lincoln and retreated with the US Fleet.

The battle has been widely regarded as crucial to the Coalition war effort as they advanced in the East. Only a year later the Coalition forces borded cargo ships during firefights with Japanese officials to take them directly into Chinese waters and invade China. Despite being driven out less than two months later, the US forces would eventually return without navl threat from the Chinese or Shanghai members to land in China with a much greater precence and effect.
(*Nuclear Dawn)

NOTE : I am playing in late 2013 atm. You can expect more travesties to come though .... speaking of which.

Message Recieved.
>>>> 0187393764. Operation in Progress.
>>>> 3649830273. Results of first deployment in.
>>>> 7392927484. Suits effective.
>>>> 8392749473. Recommend immediate production.

Respond ?
< y > < n >
<<<< 1010101010. 6 suits required.
<<<< 0101111010. Field test imminent.
<<<< 0101011111. Gather 'Foxtrot', 'Bungie', 'Fable', 'Knight',
'Hornburg'
<<<< 1110101000. 'Eagle' to order OPERATION ASYLUM.
<<<< 0110101110. Ensure suits are ready.

Last edited:
So, no fleet to cross your path. No naval bombers, either, I hope...

Let the Leopards roll across the Chinese plains!

Alexus : The Chinese being well known for their Samurai.

Indeed they were the original Samurai. It was only after that the Samurai migrated to equally warm areas but onto an Island that they were thought of as Japanese. The Chinese had resented the Samurai for leaving until recently when they returned to China in an exchange program with Japanese Ninjas.​

Raaritsgozilla :
Let the Leopards roll across the Chinese plains!

That will be quite a ways away .... luckily the game has not ime limit. Oddly enough, a few days ago I modded the Canadian Ministers in the regular game so I could go on a rampage against the Allies after they betrayed me and I had Godzilla as my Head of Government .... Ill see if I have a picture of it.

HERE IT IS !
LolCabinet.jpg

Speaking of such awesome things, would someone pm me how to create an event. I have yet to figure out.

Kurt_Steiner : So, no fleet to cross your path. No naval bombers, either, I hope...

Indeed ... the seven seas are bare and the skies are empty !!!! The World shall be mine for the taking ! Now all I need is a fleet ....

Last edited:
Raaar!! Its Godzilla!!!

You know you're in trouble when Samuel L Jackson is armaments minister!!