• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There goes the neighbourhood.....

Looks like Germany took some pretty nasty hits. Hope you can weather the nuclear storm. Good luck!

Crisis Unfolding

bbc-logo.jpg

BBC Documentary - The Two Year War and the Rise of Modern Society
Premier - March 12 2017

Wikus de Merwe
Director of Field Work - Multi-National Radiological Treatment and Aid Incorporate (MNRTAI - Often pronounced as Marty)

“No one had really known what was happening. February 9 was the day when things really collapsed. America had been struck by countless nuclear bombs and China and Russia were about to receive their share of it. We were hardly expecting a mass attack on Europe. No one had.

The CEO was undoubtedly joyous … stocks rose unimaginably overnight as we were hired by almost every government who had been hit to help in the clearing and treatment of the Rad. Oh, I’m sorry. We became tired of saying radiation or radiological material. So someone who worked in San Diego started calling it Rad. It just stuck.

I was still just a Field Agent back then. Handled a lot of the dead then. Berlin was an absolute mess. I’m surprised the city wasn’t just abandoned. I mean really. The cities wouldn’t be free of radiation for at least 35 years. There was very little point for them to even consider reconstruction then. Hell, those cities still aren’t clear.

And we all know what happened when Germany set up those Districts to contain their refugees. They’re still trying to deal with it.”

(The man takes a moment to collect himself, visibly distressed)

“I think the worst part of it ….was the cold. All those refugees, leaving everything behind in February. They had no change of clothes. No coats. No beds. Hell we didn’t have nearly enough water. You remember Hurricane Katrina right ? That displaced 100 000 people. The largest refugee camp in Africa was just under 300 000 at that time. The UN essentially collapsed under pressure at that point. The governments who hadn’t been affected were dealing with the spread of radiation. The governments who had been attacked by the bombs were completely gone. The Capitals of most countries were hit, effectively removing all leadership. Just look at the US. Washington DC and most of their major cities destroyed. Where did the government go ? No one had anyone to turn to. It was utter chaos.

One …..

One of the worst sights I’ve ever witnessed was at the German-Polish border. There were at least half a million refugees trying to cross the border. The Poles panicked and ….they just started shooting. Nobody really knows how many were killed from the Border Massacres as they’re collectively known.

The entire world order just fell apart. People scrambled to borders only to be gunned down. The ones who stayed in the districts … they either starved or froze to death in the winter of 09. And for what ? So the Russians could feel some progress in their war !?! That god damn war that killed almost a third of the worlds population !?!?!

(The man is on the verge of a breakdown when he stops and calms down. He is sweating heavily, his hands are shaking. His breathing is heavy. He turns and looks directly into the camera)
No one is going to forgive the Russians for that. No one should ever forgive the Russians for that. Hell, I’m a humanitarian and I’d … I think its better if we stop.”

(Camera cuts to different interview)

Last edited:
Raaritsgozilla : Noes! Nukes all over!! Im in, this is great writing!

Indeed, nukes flew everywhere. Thanks.

Stuntdawg5 : This is epic. I'm imagining the Call of Duty 4 mission where at the end the city gets nuked and you crawl outta your chopper.

I was playing Call of DUty 4 on my 360 right before posting this .... :rofl:
Thanks.

Kaiser_Mobius : There goes the neighbourhood.....
Looks like Germany took some pretty nasty hits. Hope you can weather the nuclear storm. Good luck!

Indeed the neighbourhood as well as alot of my industry is gone ... :(. But Germany shall recover.

Viden : Excellent AAR! Suscribed!

Thanks !

Story turned into Fallout style, wondering if Germany can rise from nuclear dust...

Asalto : Story turned into Fallout style, wondering if Germany can rise from nuclear dust...

I can gurrantee you it will. Even if it will take a decade ingame or so.

alexon47 : To kill Russians? I hope so. the inital invasion looked like european russia was doomed, are there any shots of what china looks like?

There will be alot of dead people by the end of this AAR, I assure you. As for the various fronts, I brought in a few screens for you.

HomeFront-July2009.jpg

Home Front - July 2009
AsianTheatre-July2009.jpg

Asian Front - July 2009
RussianFront-July2009.jpg

Russian Front - July 2009​

Survivor Troubles​

Berlin District - New Berlin
Journal of Lieutenant Horn - 1. Korps Special Operations
July 10 2009

LieutenantHorn-Berlinruins-09.jpg

Walking through Berlin - July 9 2009
Photo taken by Journalist for a Canadian Newspaper

I don’t know what’s going to happen now … Right after Berlin got hit we were dropped in for an aerial assault to secure whoever we could. It was useless. At the least we had had our radiation gear on so we were spared from it all … the civilians weren’t. They were all evacuating. A lot of them were dead by the end of June from the radiation. ‘Marty’ showed up and was helping us get everyone out as best we could.

The head of the army, General Hans Otto-Budde, was just about the only surviving member of the government. Which was only because he had been in Tripoli. Some of the men yesterday were talking about how it seemed almost convenient that a military leader had been the only survivor. Not that it mattered. Politics and all that shit …. It just didn’t exist anymore. At least the General gave us breathing space. Took us out of the EU and ended our war with the Shanghai Pact. Those damned bastards in the EU were too busy launching nukes at each other and planning their next offensive in Russia to give a rats ass about their own people …or anyone else’s for that matter.

There was no order, no law. People essentially reverted to what they had in their genes, their instincts. There were killings and lootings across the country. No one could stop it. Our commanders gave us orders to simply shoot anyone who broke the law. I guess that is what happens in a complete society breakdown.

If anything, I’m much happier where we are now. The entirety of the Berlin district has locked down. Essentially all of our armed forces were recalled to Germany, save the Marines in Tripoli and I. Korps in Konigsberg. Us at Spezielle Operationen were ordered to secure the Berlin district, and we have. Construction is already going on. The guys at ‘Marty’ are doing their best to decontaminate everything while construction crews are working round the clock to set up a city, or at least the infrastructure for one. We’ve called it New Berlin. Almost ironic that it’s called New Berlin when it’s right beside the ruins of the old one.

I can’t see any trace of democracy left … hell I can’t see any trace of the world left. People are practically living in their Radiological gear and the entire northern hemisphere has gone into a Nuclear Winter. I can’t remember the last time there wasn’t snow or ash on the ground.

We’ve heard stories from the other districts. Munich is experiencing more civil resistance than we had expected. The radiation has apparently been affecting the people down there…Hamburg is similar. We heard that the ‘Old Dogs’ squadron had been in Hamburg at the time it got nuked. I can’t tell you how much I hope that it was a quick death for them. They covered our asses in Libya …I’d hate to think they suffered, or are still out there dying of radiation. Mind, a lot of our friends have gone down ….who knows if the world will ever recover…

I can’t believe that I just realised I was still writing here ….it’s the apocalypse, the end of humanity quite possibly and I’m writing it all down in my journal …Who’s going to be reading this ? Historians ? Zombie creatures ? Hobo’s looking for fuel for a fire ? I suppose it doesn’t matter. Hell, I guess it even helps to get it down here.

If it really does help people to write things down, or if some historian is going to be reading through this then I might as well say a few things to them and expose a few others.

First, Germany has devolved into civil war ….who am I kidding there is no Germany anymore …its much more like a nuclear war zone encompassed by borders with armed guards at every crossing or barbed wire blocking every exit. Second, the military hasn’t been able to project power outside of it’s districts, leaving civilians to take up arms or gangs to run wild. To combat that, were drafting Militia to be sent into the lawless parts while we guard the districts.

Third, the General has something he doesn’t want us to know about. He had us demolish the Nuclear Power plant that survived the blast and then had some guys in all black transport the material outside of our district. He wants it for something … Maybe Nukes. I pray not, because frankly I’ve had enough of them.

Fourth, whatever war their was, if it is being continued by the armies then their simply doing it for revenge ….god only knows what they’re doing.

I don’t know if we’ll recover. It really makes me miss everything that we used to have … especially Anne. Oh how I miss her. If I knew what had happened to her … if she was dead or if she was out there wandering …lost and the prey of some psychopath ….. I just want her to be safe … I just want her back. Is that really too much to ask ?

Great work man! keep going subscribed.

Marty

Multi-National Radiological Treatment and Aid Incorporate
Operations Report - 2010 - 2011

Asia -
China continues to suffer under nuclear winter. Chinese government refuses MNRTAI aid. Huge profit to be gained if they allow MNRTAI aid. Bribes imminent.
North Korea is a nuclear wasteland. MNRTAI recovery and rescue missions are returning with fewer persons, more ‘commodities’. ‘Commodities’ to be sold over black market [Suspected Profits - 214 Million or more]. North Korean population as of current - 100 000 or less.
South Korea is dealing with nuclear winter and radiation poisoning. Seoul and major cities closer to the border are evacuated. Hand out of radiological gear to government and private purchasers bringing in large profits
India (Occupied by Coalition) is receiving minimal aid. Indian branch ransacked for radiological gear 12 employees killed.
Pakistan has escaped nuclear fallout. Nuclear winter occurring. Radiation poisoning major problem - 45 % of population expected to not survive.
Japan dealing with radiation and sustained winter, nuclear winter less damaging than most areas. Government is purchasing large amounts of gear from MNRTAI. Large Profits.

Middle East -
Israel is evacuated. 15% population survival rate.
Turkey
dealing with widespread radiation issues.
Lebanon uninhabitable.
Jordan dealing with radiological poisoning ; expected to evacuate by end of 2012
Iran and Coalition troops are in constant supply from MNRTAI. Large profits lost due to military and government raids of MNRTAI . 154 Employees detained or unaccounted for due to raids.

Africa -
Egypt dealing with radiation and immigration issues. MNRTAI splinter company undergoing deal to man the border. MNRTAI also gaining increasing revenue from government and private purchases.
German Libya receiving large numbers of German Nationals escaping the nuclear winter and lawlessness in Germany.
French Algeria is similar to German Libya. Nationals escaping Mainland Europe.
Spanish Algeria and British Libya have been all but abandoned. Military dictatorships have been set up. MNRTAI withdrawn from Span. Alg. & Brit. Alg. For projected revenue loss. Withdrawal to be completed within 1 month.
Rest of Africa receiving bare MNRTAI attention. Minimal radiation and immigration issues.

Oceania -
New Zealand dealing with radiation carried by winds from Sydney. Dealing with the Australian Exodus. MNRTAI patrolling New Zealand waters.
Australia dealing with mass exodus. Wildlife undergoing evacuation overseen by MNRTAI. Select animals arriving at destination ‘KINO’. Profit revenues expected to be high.

North America -
Canada rising to economic superpower due to stable banking industry. American professionals being given asylum from the former United States of America. American Exodus forced hiring of MNRTAI Para-military corporation to guard border. Minefields, barbed wire fences being set up by Para’s.
Former United States of America undergoing mass exodus. Paramilitary and radical groups have claimed territories and are fighting over the states. Making attacks on Mexico and Canada.
Mexico is dealing with radiation from the United States and dealing with radical American groups. Also suffering from new strain of H1N1. H1N1 suspected to spread over globe, MNRTAI Medical branch already recovered samples.

Western Europe -

Spain dealing with Basque-Catalonian revolution. Revolution fuelled by the governments inability to deal with radiation. 95 % of Madrid’s population lost to the initial blast.
Portugal escaped nuclear fallout. Nuclear winter ensuing. Aiding Spain with Basque-Catalonian revolution. Wind preventing radiation spreading to Portugal from Spain.
Italy is suffering a society collapse. Radiation causing large casualties. Exodus to Africa and other parts of Europe ensuing. MNRTAI overseeing evacuations.
Switzerland is in danger of being overrun by refugees. Armed Militia and government troops holding border - MNRTAI Para’s expected to be hired within 3 months.
France is under military governship. MNRTAI employed to deal with radiation. Para’s expected to be brought in to quell hunger uprisings.
Belgium, Netherlands, Ireland have risen to major powers in Europe as they escaped nuclear fallout and have minimal radiation suffering.
Britain is surviving off of MNRTAI. Evacuation of British Isle to Scandinavia imminent. Islamic radicals seized much of country. Para’s to be deployed in large numbers.
Greece has risen to superpower status. MNRTAI not employed. Lobby groups pressuring government. Russia avoided bombardment of Greece. Reasons unknown.
Germany is risen faster than expected. MNRTAI still providing heavy relief to civilians. Military is dealing with widespread uprisings.‘PROTOTYPE’ suspected behind order within military and rise from nuclear waste. MNRTAI is expected to be unnecessary by 2015. Sabotage of recovery to begin in 13 months.

Eastern Europe -
Poland dealing with radiation from Germany. Militia raids from Germany common. MNRTAI providing minimal assistance.
Russia has escaped nuclear war due to Greek occupation of Russian territory and Russia’s unwillingness to nuke their own cities and people. MNRTAI has little profit margin. Performing minimal radiation treatment in the occupied territories.

Madrid was nuked?

PS: I can't understand the bizarre Basque-catalonian coalition. Being minorities, the secesionists must face an internal civil war.

Viden : Madrid was nuked?

PS: I can't understand the bizarre Basque-catalonian coalition. Being minorities, the secesionists must face an internal civil war.

Madrid, Paris, London. Basicly every capital has been nuked. As for the Basque-Catalonian coalition ... I dont know why it happened, just that it did. Possibly spurred on by the nuclear war I'd imagine.

"has escaped nuclear fallout. Nuclear winter occurring. Radiation poisoning major problem - 45 % of population expected to not survive."

Huh? If you get no fallout, its pretty hard to get radiation poisoning. Sorry, I'm a nuclear and radio-biological safety engineer-in-education.

Last edited:

Me too :confused:

Madrid, Paris, London. Basicly every capital has been nuked. As for the Basque-Catalonian coalition ... I dont know why it happened, just that it did. Possibly spurred on by the nuclear war I'd imagine.

A pity for London. Even for Paris. Fine for Madrid.:D

"has escaped nuclear fallout. Nuclear winter occurring. Radiation poisoning major problem - 45 % of population expected to not survive."

Huh? If you get no fallout, its pretty hard to get radiation poisoning. Sorry, I'm a nuclear and radio-biological safety engineer-in-education.

The nuclear winter is global, and radiation (at least in the chernobyl incident) spread around the world due to wind carrying radiation. Thats why people who were in Europe at the time of the Chernobyl incident cannot give blood, because the radiation spread thanks to the wind and contaminated their blood. I had assumed the same thing would happen if nuclear fallout struck the entire world.

Oh, I see.

Well, you are more or less right. And I dont want to turn this into a nuclear safety discussion, i get enough of that at the uni:)

"Thats why people who were in Europe at the time of the Chernobyl incident cannot give blood"
that is very miscalculated...

Depending on where they were in europe, but it is more or less correct.

Expect an update tomorrow or on Saturday.

They nuked Detroit and San Diego, and they're evacuating the US? I'd think we'd be celebrating...

Depending on where they were in europe, but it is more or less correct.

No, not really. Except if you mean that those who got heavy fallout (white russian/western ukraine, and whereever that damned cloud passede by) were not allowed to give blood for some time. That did happen a bit.