• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, has anyone managed to get FtM to run under WINE?
I tried installing first SF and then FtM on my old HoI3 wineinstall (which ran perfectly, thanks to this guide), installed vcrun2010 using wine tricks, but this is what happened when I tried to run it:

Code:
me@laptop:~/.wine-hoi3/drive_c/Program Files/Paradox Interactive/Hearts of Iron III$ env WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine-hoi3 wine hoi3game.exe
fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32df3c,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x1548e0,0x155280): stub
err:ole:apartment_getclassobject DllGetClassObject returned error 0x80040111
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {da4e3da0-d07d-11d0-bd50-00a0c911ce86} could be created for context 0x1
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {2721ae20-7e70-11d0-a5d6-28db04c10000} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {2721ae20-7e70-11d0-a5d6-28db04c10000} could be created for context 0x1
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x32e644,0x00000000), stub!
Segmentation fault

Seeing that the one above has no answers, time to it ask again. Do SF and FtM work under Wine?

I have not tried them myself. I had HoI3 without expansions working, played a lot, got bored with the various shortcomings, sold it. And now I find myself missing it, and thinking about buying the collection.

Thanks for the replies. Got the game and got it running mostly ok. I do have a little graphics problem, many unit icons (counters) have a sort of static effect over them, like an old analog tv when not tuned to a channel. That is probably due to the fact that I use an onboard Intel 4500 GPU. Last time I tried Hoi there was at first a small issue of the oceans appearing white instead of blue, but it disappeared after some update to Wine or X11, perhaps that will also happen to the static some day.

Last edited:
dotnet20 won't install using winetricks - errors saying its because i am trying to install on a 64bit os

i've googled this and seen loads of posts but nothing that explains exact;ly how you do install it?

any advice welcomed

thanks

Doc (Ubuntu 12.04 64bit)

dotnet20 won't install using winetricks - errors saying its because i am trying to install on a 64bit os

i've googled this and seen loads of posts but nothing that explains exact;ly how you do install it?

any advice welcomed

thanks

Doc (Ubuntu 12.04 64bit)

Same here. Tried hard to find a solution, but to no avail.

UPD: Finally got it figured out. Should have selected the 32-bit architecture back when creating wineprefix, i.e. before installing anything you should create a new one with

WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-hoi3 winecfg

After doing that and following this guide I got HOI3 with all the addons working on my 64-bit Ubuntu. It is the only Clausewitz-based game that I got working flawlessly: with all the sound, music, graphics, and even...meta-server connection! Whoa...

Last edited:
Same here. Tried hard to find a solution, but to no avail.

UPD: Finally got it figured out. Should have selected the 32-bit architecture back when creating wineprefix, i.e. before installing anything you should create a new one with

After doing that and following this guide I got HOI3 with all the addons working on my 64-bit Ubuntu. It is the only Clausewitz-based game that I got working flawlessly: with all the sound, music, graphics, and even...meta-server connection! Whoa...

Could you give a step-by-step guide to how you made it work?