+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Troubleshooting

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

god i hate vista. amazing how a decade old peice of crap like xp still makes me happy.
    There once was a man from Nantucket, His .....

Quote Originally Posted by thomkins View Post
    Uac?
    i dont know what it means either, maybe 'user access control'
    it is probably a service (it probably monitors users so they cannot mess up common files for all users) that is running and can be disabled, but if you dont know how to do that or are not comfortable with it, you should leave it on unless its a easy on/off thing in the control panel.

try making a complete copy of the EU3 game directory to a different folder so that its not in the program files folder.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...14&postcount=4

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    i dont know what it means either, maybe 'user access control'
    it is probably a service (it probably monitors users so they cannot mess up common files for all users) that is running and can be disabled, but if you dont know how to do that or are not comfortable with it, you should leave it on unless its a easy on/off thing in the control panel.

try making a complete copy of the EU3 game directory to a different folder so that its not in the program files folder.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...14&postcount=4
    It is User Account Control, whereby Vista will not let any user edit the program files (amongst other things), this prevents mods being used in EU3 and messes up save files.

Quote Originally Posted by blue sam3 View Post
    It is User Account Control, whereby Vista will not let any user edit the program files (amongst other things), this prevents mods being used in EU3 and messes up save files.
    thanks. I will put this in the troubleshooting and install sections for 10.72.

Quote Originally Posted by thomkins View Post
    I could cry
    are you able to copy the whole EU3 directory and copy it somewhere other than program files directory and then put the mod in the new directory and run it from there?

this will show how to turn off UAC if that did not work:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

are you able to copy the whole EU3 directory and copy it somewhere other than program files directory and then put the mod in the new directory and run it from there?

this will show how to turn off UAC if that did not work:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/
    I already did that... I also reinstalled it into several different directory's. I spend hours with this. Now I surrender. Thanks for your help dude. Thanks for the try.

Wont download !

It wont download 10.73 version of Terra Nova mod. click here to see the problem

Also can you attach the latest 10.74 version, i cant find it.

Cheers

- Rosco

Thank you for your reply Darken,

I can download the file now, it was the popup blocker. Forgot abt tat.

I'm more then happy to give you heaps of information. However there is one slight problem, most of the stuff i know is from History textbooks i have from high school.

I will search the net to find some information but "not all nations" of what i purposed to you so you can trust my sources. Thats understandable. I provide information on only the least known, like Australian tribes, Papuan highlanders and Maori. The pacific islands history is not a problem for anyone to search for information.

Cheers

- Rosco

I D/loaded the TN mod and Installation Text, could i just get some one to clarify that it wont overwrite my EU3 normal game graphics, as i see in installation text a mention of be careful if you dont want TOT graphics to overwrite, your Vanilla(which i take is EU3 normal) if it is the case ,will it overwrite auto or are you given chance to stop them loading, thanks ,and thanks for doing Mod,

Quote Originally Posted by macnab View Post
    I D/loaded the TN mod and Installation Text, could i just get some one to clarify that it wont overwrite my EU3 normal game graphics, as i see in installation text a mention of be careful if you dont want TOT graphics to overwrite, your Vanilla(which i take is EU3 normal) if it is the case ,will it overwrite auto or are you given chance to stop them loading, thanks ,and thanks for doing Mod,
    no vanilla (normal game) stuff will be overwritten when you install the mod (from the .exe file) because it installs into the mod folder. the only time vanilla files are changed is when you choose the optional install things (by manualy making the changes yourself) to improve vanilla graphics and the instructions are very specific on that.

you are welcome

Thanks for prompt info, All loaded no probs and appears to be running ok, only opened the Inca`s wars yet but looks good,
    Last edited by macnab; 08-08-2009 at 14:19.

Quote Originally Posted by macnab View Post
    Thanks for prompt info, All loaded no probs and appears to be running ok, only opened the Inca`s wars yet but looks good,
    You're welcome and Thanks for the compliment

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    On a UI note, did you get rid of the ability to click the shield on the top left to bring up the F1 menu? The shield is also mostly off of the screen. Doesn't look too good.

And are all the menus supposed to be see-through? I can't tell if it is your doing, or a bug in my game.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeYoshi View Post
    On a UI note, did you get rid of the ability to click the shield on the top left to bring up the F1 menu? The shield is also mostly off of the screen. Doesn't look too good.

And are all the menus supposed to be see-through? I can't tell if it is your doing, or a bug in my game.
    hmmm, this must be due to your resultion. I would suggest deleting the mod\Terra Nova\interface\topbad.gfx and topbar.gui files. then let me know if it improves it. Its either that or you will have to edit some positions in the files according to your resolution (I run 1024x768 so thats wht its set for). I dont know why the game engine does not automaticly adjust files for different resolutions once they are customized.

They are supposed to be see-through. All interface graphics are first set in the interface folder and then if they are custom graphics the new graphics is in the Terra Nova\gfx\interface\ folder. Either way, you will need to edit or delete the Terra Nova\interface files depending on the UI you dont like (unless you just want to reduce the transparency, then just edit the .dds files).

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the walk-throughs.

hmmm, this must be due to your resultion. I would suggest deleting the mod\Terra Nova\interface\topbad.gfx and topbar.gui files. then let me know if it improves it. Its either that or you will have to edit some positions in the files according to your resolution (I run 1024x768 so thats wht its set for). I dont know why the game engine does not automaticly adjust files for different resolutions once they are customized.
    But my resolution is 1024x768. I'll go rename those two files and report back here.

They are supposed to be see-through. All interface graphics are first set in the interface folder and then if they are custom graphics the new graphics is in the Terra Nova\gfx\interface\ folder. Either way, you will need to edit or delete the Terra Nova\interface files depending on the UI you dont like (unless you just want to reduce the transparency, then just edit the .dds files).
    Thanks for that. I don't like all the transparent graphics because it makes it hard for me to see the words. I have to scroll over the North Sea if I want to read anything.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away... ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines

Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Update time.

I renamed the interface files, and I moved all of the transparency files to a folder in that folder where they shouldn't be picked up by the game.

Well, the adviser page and the building page in the ledger are no longer transparent, but the borders still are, and every other page in the game is sill transparent. Edit 2: I completely removed all the necessary files from the game, and the agents are now in their vanilla positions. However, the transparency is still there, and the shield is still messed up.

Here is a pic of the UI with the out-of-whack shield, the agents still being in the wrong place for the vanilla files, and the transparency behind the papacy and HRE buttons...

Also, I installed the files you provided to retrieve the "vanilla" map graphics. Were those just for the province fonts, or were they to get rid of the hand-drawn map? I have them installed in that picture.

(I'm putting this here because I think it is a bug, not a computer specific troubleshooting thing, since the main menu was like this before I ever started messing with the files.)

Also, here is a pic of the main menu....

Both the main menu and Metaserver backgrounds are that complete black. As far as I can tell, the metaserver UI is also comepletely transparent.

This is making no sense whatsoever to me.

Edit: Plus, when I shuffle through the ledger, the building line will stay up there even after I switch pages.

I don't know what I could've done do screw it up so badly.

Edit 3: Also note that the vanilla game is still fine, so whatever UI stuff is going on is completely due to TN.
    Last edited by OrangeYoshi; 26-08-2009 at 03:56.

That bug in the ledger where a line of building graphics stays with each page is a vanilla bug I think, or if not, it has been present in TN for a long time now and I dont know the cause.

The 3 files in the vanilla graphics patch for 10.76+ are supposed to make the in-game water and land look like vanilla (and topology). It will not change the UI.

I suggest you start over with all of the files as they come in 10.77 other than the 3 vanilla map graphics patch files.

leave the Terra Nova\gfx\interface folder alone for now. let it be the same as how 10.77 installs it. I am pretty sure that these files will not change the game once you delete or modify the Terra Nova\interface\ files. So for now, lets focus on the Terra Nova\interface\ files.

(delete any of the .gfx or .gui files you think you will not need after reading this)
    to fix the main menu, you need the following files as they are in 10.77:

Terra Nova\interface:
    temp_frontend.gfx
    temp_frontend.gui

to properly show the province religion and goods icons, you need to keep:

Terra Nova\interface:
    provincepanel.gfx
    provincepanel.gui

to properly show map item graphics like new trade goods, keep:

Terra Nova\interface:
    mapitems.gfx

to properly show the domestic panel, keep:

Terra Nova\interface:
    (all of the files with domesticpanel in its name)

I think you can delete or rename all of the other .gfx and .gui files.

try that and then let me know what it looks like.

I think the white river problem is something to do with you not putting the river.fx file in the vanilla directory OR it is something wrong with the vanilla graphics patch files.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Not sure if I should report it here or under bug-reports: I have a problem with the game stalling completely, forcing me to kill it from the task-manager. The game uses 100% cpu (well 50% on a 2-cpu system), and doesn't progress to the next date for at least 10 minutes.

It has happened twice now, but I don't have a pattern yet. Has anyone seen anything like it?

I will try to write down recent event next time it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Carewolf2 View Post
    Not sure if I should report it here or under bug-reports: I have a problem with the game stalling completely, forcing me to kill it from the task-manager. The game uses 100% cpu (well 50% on a 2-cpu system), and doesn't progress to the next date for at least 10 minutes.

It has happened twice now, but I don't have a pattern yet. Has anyone seen anything like it?

I will try to write down recent event next time it happens.
    It sounds like a event to me but it also sounds like maybe you have a memory (RAM) problem also (either running demanding programs in the background, not rebooting your computer recently, or simply not enough RAM). How much RAM do you have? how much Virtual Memory? what hard-drive type and speed (if lots of virtual memory and low RAM)? there are some events that take a lot of calculations to complete. if you have a recent computer with 2 gigs of RAM or more, than thats enough memory to avoid this kind of slowdown if you are not running other demanding programs and reboot at least once a week or so. other than that, I dont know what it would be. perhaps you need to update drivers for your computer, especialy if its a vista machine.

next time it happens, upload your EU3\logs\game.log file here if you can.

good luck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast