• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think EU3 is the best advertisement for paradox. What you can read here and in other forums is that it is nearly perfect after its polishing. Atm I don't own the expansions but I really like the vanilla game and can't wait for Heir to the Throne so I have to buy EU Complete today after work (to make a present to myself for this hard week with exams and work).

If all future games like any HOI3 Expansion or Vicky 2 will be so perfect as EU3, this will be the best advertisement to get more people to buy paradox games.

Its kind of ironic to call our most polished release which did insanely good as a "flop".

I am very surprised anyone would call it a flop. It was a continuance of groundbreaking strategy in the EU series, and what would we be playing without it ?

I cant help but mention one thing that did happen very early in my playing of EU3, and that was the zulus colonised iceland. I had been playing as the zulus and must have left them far better off than they were historically. But it frightened the hee-bee gee-bees out of me as far as the historical accuracy of strategy games are concerned, and I decided they were all (including Vicky) too european orientated.

Perhaps Vicky 2 will give a country an area of influence and rules for its expansion so we dont have any more black vikings. Our glorious viking leader is white isnt he ?

i think this thread has come to the end of its usefulness. We'll see how things wash out when the title is eventually released, but for now we really don't need to clutter this forum with posts about the peceived shortcomings of other Paradox titles.

One day I think that's just a great marketing stunt to get the media. The other day I feel like their behaving childisch or even pathetic, begging for customers.

I have mixed feelings about this bald guy stuff.

Anyhow, that guy will have a bad hair day - depending on the outcome of the question. Either he will pull his own hair, or it will be shaven for him.

Hey all,

I really like that people are excited that Vic2 is in development. This feels like an interesting and exciting project for all of us, however it is no secret I voted for another project from the Paradox dev team.

Johan assured me our fans want this project, and so did you (forum people) in a poll on this forum.

So in brief; I think this project never will see profit (reason is simple Vic1 was a terrible launch). Johan thinks it will. Johan and his team have the responsibility to create a good game and of course we hope that you will buy it since this was the most voted-for title in our poll.

So, what do I bring to the table except for whining? I have promised the dev team (and checked with my family) that I am shaving my head if this project ever sees profit. AND post pictures of it here in the forum.

We will have a budget meeting in the coming two weeks to see how many units we need to sell to reach our break-even; and keep you posted. Progress reports will follow.

And yes, I am serious. :)

Cheers,
Fred

fredrik, despite being an avid eu2 and somewhat 3 player, im myself surprised to see victoria having better reviews in most gaming sites than eu2 and eu3.

i always avoided victoria, mainly because of the rather gloomy concepts the name 'victoria' and 'victorian era' imposed on me historically, but such reviews made me buy the game and i liked it.

so i think you will probably have to shave your head.

I think Vicky 2 will see profit because Victoria 1 has gained a bit of popularity as fans of other Paradox games like EU or HoI have "discovered" it since it was launched. Vicky 2 will be highly anticipated by the community. Perhaps not as much as Hearts of Iron III but definitely more than Vicky 1.

So in brief; I think this project never will see profit (reason is simple Vic1 was a terrible launch). Johan thinks it will. Johan and his team have the responsibility to create a good game and of course we hope that you will buy it since this was the most voted-for title in our poll.

I for one, even though I love the concept of victoria, will definitely not buy&play victoria 2 if hoi3 does not get fixed. And I mean fixed for free by patches, not fixed through 2 expansions.
To me, the concept of the game (victoria) is good, and can sell with no problem. It's an original blend of strategy and management.
However, remember that ideas don't do everything; and that people won't read a story written in bad English, published on toilet paper, with wrong page numbers and typos all over the place, even if the plot is great.

Reactions:
This thread has served its purpose, and is not an invitation to be a soapbox for players to raise concerns they may have regarding HoI3, there is a forum for that already in existence.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.