• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this on Bluesnews this morning as well, with 39 (!) comments. Seems like our small bets within the community interest more people than initially expected :)
It's not often we get to hear about the inner workings of Paradox. It's a company near and dear to our hearts, and having even a glimpse at how you think is maddeningly interesting.

Now if only there was a way to tell if you've given more information without reading all the pages of this thread...:eek:

I saw this on Bluesnews this morning as well, with 39 (!) comments. Seems like our small bets within the community interest more people than initially expected :)

Fred

Link? :)

The beard is definitely not enough!

frederikbaldcomplete.jpg

There, now you can truly be a Victorian CEO.

i disagree and agree with fredrick at the same time. i think that with a cult following and then a lack of competion would help but there is a 80 percent chance it will not. while on this topic can we please have quarterly reports like other compainies from paradox and how much hoi 3 is selling

:rofl:

Please translate :D

OK, I'll try to translate it freely:

Crazy: Developper bets that his own game will have no succes

Paradox-CEO Fredrik Wester bets that Victoria 2 will fail financially.

Fredrik Wester seems not to be convinced of its colluege's power of judgement. The boss of Paradox Interactive has betted in the company forum that the new project of the company will be a finacial failure. Victoria 2, a strategy game in the time of colonisation based on the Europe Universalis engine, was announced last week. Before there was a voting in the forum and a heated debate in the developpers team about which game should be the next one.

[Frederiks posting]

Commentary:
A strange statement. Of course it can be seen as clever marketing trick. Like: "Look, nobody will buy it for sure. Please buy it at least!". On the other hand it is refreshing honest. Rarely you can get a look into the decision making process and the sensitives of a developper team. Let's see how this will continue.

I just wonder - how did the author know about heated debates between the developpers. ;)

i disagree and agree with fredrick at the same time. i think that with a cult following and then a lack of competion would help but there is a 80 percent chance it will not. while on this topic can we please have quarterly reports like other compainies from paradox and how much hoi 3 is selling

do computer games companies really tell their customers how many other people have bought their games?

Would also be interesting to know if the team has more budget(/time?) to work on it than other game or if it's same range than let's say HOI3. :)
If they do pull it off will Johan be called magic fingers? (though some already call him god around here lol)

Oh some of the comments are really... not nice :(

Well, if you don't know the whole thread here and the first part of Victoria, it sounds like Frederik was betting that Vicky will be a crappy game.

Fred

This is beginning to look like quite a shrewd marketing ploy...

but fredrik you may want to clarify that you think the game will be good but wont see profit, lest it sounds like you are saying it wont be a good game

I like this bet, this open and honest approach. Those guys commenting on that news site can just shut their filthy mouths.:p

This is beginning to look like quite a shrewd marketing ploy...

but fredrik you may want to clarify that you think the game will be good but wont see profit, lest it sounds like you are saying it wont be a good game

Personally I think the game will be good; and judging from the reactions here and in other places I was maybe a bit quick on joining this bet.

I really like the era and the original game. I was unsure whether other people find it interesting though. But it seems some of you do ;)

I'm planning on buying it.

Just name the price. If you don't think it will selll many units up the pricetage. I wouldn't mind paying a little more for Victoria. :)

Personally I think the game will be good; and judging from the reactions here and in other places I was maybe a bit quick on joining this bet.

I really like the era and the original game. I was unsure whether other people find it interesting though. But it seems some of you do ;)

You could dramatically increase your employees wages, as a way of saving face :D

(Or your own wages come to think of it..)

Status
Not open for further replies.