• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a strategy game of world domination? I never really felt that Victoria's point was conquering the world.

World domination isn't the same as world conquest.

I agree with Fredrick II. I think Victoria 2 may struggle to profit unless it has a small budget or it has enough features to draw casual Paradox fans in.

Of course the announcement of Vic 2 does bode well for HOI 3 patches as Paradox should be eager to have its fan base satisfied for the realease of Vic 2.

World domination isn't the same as world conquest.

most of my games have to do more with global warming than any of that. :p
but for the sake of fredrik's hair maybe the game should be called, following your line, victoria dominatrix. i leave the cover box design to your imagination. :D

When can I pre-order? :D OMG! This is like the best thing I've heard this whole year! Mr. Wester, sorry to say this, but, your going to be bald! :p

And seriously, when can I pre-order?

Last edited:
What hurt Vicky's sales wasn't the fact that people hate 19th century or the idea of focusing on internal management instead of focusing on war or colonization.

The way I remember it Vicky didn't sell cause it got horrible reviews and Ricky noone bought since it was sold only on GamersGate... I think Paradox will manage to dodge both of those bullets.

So why exactly does everyone think Vicky won't sell? It'll have the whole world in it so can sell outside of Europe... It also seems to huge the support of this forum.

not sure how to say this, but if Vicky2 is launched with half the problems that HoI3 currently has, i'll pass on it. and i looooooooooved Vicky1. if you all [meaning pdox] can get halfway decent betas and proper playtesting done i think it could be pretty good.

if you'd ditch this lua 3d crap i think it could be simply fantastic.

Precisely, and this confusion underscores the issue. The name "Victoria" doesn't lend itself to anything meaningful. Even the tag line isn't very helpful.

I would say Victoria does lend itself to something meaningful. It shows that it is a game based on the Victorian era, and tells the buyer that.

I'm picking up a copy. So 1 point towards shaving

Seems like we're getting comments on other forums on this little announcement :)

Just so it is clear: I have no doubt the game will be great, I personally loved the first Victoria.

I can't even run the bloody game on my outdated rig and I will still buy it, even though if I wait for another year I can get a version that actually works, probably with one expansion pack included.

Think of it this way Fred, DMA didn't make a whole lot of profit out of GTA 1. And Shogun Total War also sold below expectations. BTW, same probably goes for the EU series. Vicky 2 will be the next Sims, trust me :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.