• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredrik II

Paradox Interactive
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Sep 15, 2003
www.paradoxplaza.com
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Majesty 2
  • Victoria 2
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Paradox Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
Hey all,

I really like that people are excited that Vic2 is in development. This feels like an interesting and exciting project for all of us, however it is no secret I voted for another project from the Paradox dev team.

Johan assured me our fans want this project, and so did you (forum people) in a poll on this forum.

So in brief; I think this project never will see profit (reason is simple Vic1 was a terrible launch). Johan thinks it will. Johan and his team have the responsibility to create a good game and of course we hope that you will buy it since this was the most voted-for title in our poll.

So, what do I bring to the table except for whining? I have promised the dev team (and checked with my family) that I am shaving my head if this project ever sees profit. AND post pictures of it here in the forum.

We will have a budget meeting in the coming two weeks to see how many units we need to sell to reach our break-even; and keep you posted. Progress reports will follow.

And yes, I am serious. :)

Cheers,
Fred

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Ha! I was going to buy it anyway :D

That is a pretty good idea Fredrick. Show the consumers how much confidence you have in the product and encourage people to buy more. I shall enjoy seeing your bald pictures! :D

What project did you vote for? If it isn't a secret that is.

Sounds awesome, you should have gone for that instead Johan! :rofl:

Hey brilliant well shows confidence in the company not being run my maniachial robots from beyond the moon like all the big names are [or faceless capitalists whatever you want to call them.] to see the C.E.O. on the forum and interacting with the community, seriously thats awesome.

O_O

We really need to set up a grass-roots-ing militia or something >_>

Maybe you should look into making that wager part of your marketing strategy complete with the promise of posting the pictures on the forums for all to see :)

Just curious, how do we know that he doesn't already have his head shaved so that this is just a marketing trick?

And yes, I am that paranoid :D

Just curious, how do we know that he doesn't already have his head shaved so that this is just a marketing trick?

And yes, I am that paranoid :D

This is me

However, my wife tells me I'm better-looking in real life :)

Edit: yes it's free to say shaving my head would be an improvement. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.