• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(133722)

Second Lieutenant
2 Badges
Feb 2, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
So in last night's session, I had my patrolling fleet of 3 Frigates going from Surat to Calcutta, on Hostile mode. The Trying-To-Get-In-Port bug kept happening, where the fleet bounces back and forth between In Port and Almost In Port. This seems to happen most when I have the fleet selected. If it's bouncing, and I select another fleet, usually the original fleet will be able to enter the port and continue on with its duties.

But last night, after watching the fleet bounce back and forth for a few seconds, suddenly it entered Surat....and did a bee-line across India (the land, that is) and came out in the Indian ocean and continued on to Calcutta. Wow! That is some hefty lifting by my marines ;)

Is anyone else constantly bothered by the Fleet Freak Out? Has anyone seen the ships "reset" and ignore the physics engine?

Last edited:
I havent seen that one, only the bouncing fleet entry. So your guys are clever enough to find a short cut and you object ? You are stiffling their initiative!!:D

Well, in 1453 Sultan Mehmed the Conquerer, ordered his men to move ships from land so they could pass Golden Horn. And actually they did:) Ships were carried on greasy wooden rails. But that was a short distance of course.

From Surat to Calcutta, it takes a month, even to sail:)