Are we going to have a completely brand new engine or EUIII style re-used engine?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There were also countless people who were unable to run it or HOI3 fine. If there is some bleeding edge game sure I would consider a new computer but one would hardly call EUIII or HOI3 bleeding edge. But to tell you the honest truth loved EUI and EUII but not a fan of III so its not much of a loss when I can play anything else I want.

If vicky2 uses the same engine it will be much the same game as EUIII, Rome and HOI3 with a different box a bit like Status Quo records (unfortunately Status Quo albums work out of the box). Now you might pay for the experience but sadly I will sink cash into my other hobbies.

If it uses the same engine and concept that served EU so well it will fail like the original viccky because it just does not transpose itself to the industrial revolution.

I wish viccky two well but i can see the same mistakes that damned the first one coming a mile away.

seriously? Given the tiny amount of info we have on it you can already see mistakes coming a mile away?

some people are impossible to please.

I dont agree with you, well not in respect of EU3. Perhaps I agree somewhat in regards to the engine problems HoI3 is having but as they didnt have these problems in EU3 or in EU Rome, it probably wasnt anticipated.
No doubt it will be solved for Vicky 2.

But fair enough, if you want to be pessimistic about it and blame Paradox for everything then I cant stop you. I just dont agree.

@RedRalphWiggum - I entirely agree.

The only title my machine ever had problems with is EUIII, it runs crisis fine.

Your machine runs Crysis, but not EU3? I find that hard to believe. My machine runs Crysis decently, and EU3 runs faster than EU2.

Also, I have to say I got a good laugh out of the assertion someone made back there that games such as Vicky, CK and EU2 were completely different games, in all aspects. They're clearly similar games.

I dont agree with you, well not in respect of EU3. Perhaps I agree somewhat in regards to the engine problems HoI3 is having but as they didnt have these problems in EU3 or in EU Rome, it probably wasnt anticipated.
No doubt it will be solved for Vicky 2.

But fair enough, if you want to be pessimistic about it and blame Paradox for everything then I cant stop you. I just dont agree.

@RedRalphWiggum - I entirely agree

It's very irritating. People complaining about problems they are actually having with HoI3 is one thing, but nobody, anywhere, has any reasons whatsoever to be bitching about Vicky2.

It's very irritating. People complaining about problems they are actually having with HoI3 is one thing, but nobody, anywhere, has any reasons whatsoever to be bitching about Vicky2.

There were admittedly optimisation problems with the Engine they found in HoI3 that they didnt in EU3, but to complain about that as if it wont be fixed in time for Vicky 2...

Seems silly to me.