• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

l3illyl3ob

Captain
83 Badges
Oct 16, 2006
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Victoria 2 Beta
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
Province count, thousands or tens of thousands?

First of all, I'm glad you're making Vicky 2, it's pretty much just what I hoped for.

Maybe you can answer this, maybe not. But how many provinces are you expecting the game to have, roughly? HoI3 insane levels with over 10,000, or something more toned back akin to original Vicky?

Also confirm/deny Vicky 2 will still allow capitalists to build Factroys?

The map is based on the Hearts of Iron 3 map so it will roughly the same size.. However provinces will be moved about as regions that we considered less important in Hearts of Iron 3 become more important in Victoria 2 and vice versa.

I can confirm that we still see Capitalists building factories in Victoria 2, for me it was probably the best feature in Revolutions.

First of all, I'm glad you're making Vicky 2, it's pretty much just what I hoped for.

Maybe you can answer this, maybe not. But how many provinces are you expecting the game to have, roughly? HoI3 insane levels with over 10,000, or something more toned back akin to original Vicky?

Also confirm/deny Vicky 2 will still allow capitalists to build Factroys?

We want to know everything, and we want it now :cool:
The map is based on the Hearts of Iron 3 map so it will roughly the same size.. However provinces will be moved about as regions that we considered less important in Hearts of Iron 3 become more important in Victoria 2 and vice versa.

I can confirm that we still see Capitalists building factories in Victoria 2, for me it was probably the best feature in Revolutions.
sounds cool,
dare i ask - what's the expected release date?

Have we got any vague release date in mind?

Well now I just hope you put a little extra attention into your auto pop management! 10,000 provinces full of POPs is... something, that's for sure.

And my "factroys" line was a joke (that infamous typo) but I'm glad to see that capitalist functions the same in Vicky 2.

Well now I just hope you put a little extra attention into your auto pop management! 10,000 provinces full of POPs is... something, that's for sure.

And my "factroys" line was a joke (that infamous typo) but I'm glad to see that capitalist functions the same in Vicky 2.

Don't worry about that, from the feature list:
'Automation of various tasks, including trade and population promotion.'

A little off topic, but since people are posting their ideas/desires/questions about Vicky 2 here, I figure this is a good place to post this.

I had a rough thought that with the upper house/senate, the number of seats in the house should depend on the number of states (or regions, whatever you call it, but I hope it stays states) in your country.

I whole-heartedly agree. I'm guessing the game will be made with the Clausewitz engine?

Also, I saw the preview included the word "Pops" -- Are we going to see something along the lines of EU:Rome style pops (sortof behind the scenes) or the Vicky-esque pops?

<--- Very happy ; p

I whole-heartedly agree. I'm guessing the game will be made with the Clausewitz engine?

Also, I saw the preview included the word "Pops" -- Are we going to see something along the lines of EU:Rome style pops (sortof behind the scenes) or the Vicky-esque pops?

<--- Very happy ; p

It is built on the Clausewitz Engine.

As for Pop representation in game, I really can't comment on this right now.

Beyond the spheres of influence system, do you plan to tweak the way diplomacy is done so that great powers form entangling alliances? Having WWI happen consistently would be great! (badboy wars don't count.)

So soon? Well, this will harm the HoI3 patching process. And it desperately needs polish. :(

Still, Colour me interested. As long as it's well thought-out, this may become the best Paradox game to date. :)

So soon? Well, this will harm the HoI3 patching process. And it desperately needs polish. :(

Still, Colour me interested. As long as it's well thought-out, this may become the best Paradox game to date. :)

Oh no it won't. To be honest between answering question here I am busy doing stuff for the next patch for HoI3.

I don't think it's 3 people taking turns at making HOI3 patch, EU3 patch, Rome patch, Victoria 2 and EU3 expansion, though.

Thanks, King. :) It's just that, for a small studio, you have an awful lot of games out there. Some require patching, others have fans eagerly awaiting expansions. And you guys went and decided to create another Vicky. :p

If you really can manage this many projects at the same time, though, then all is well. :)

Are we expecting similiar economic system as in Victoria 1? Imo. it was fine as long as you kept thinking that it's only game, but it would be fun to see an attempt to make non state controlled economy in addition to commie economics we saw in Victoria :p. (Ie. state decided who would be clerks, craftsmen and soldiers and where they would work).