• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(133722)

Second Lieutenant
2 Badges
Feb 2, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
The tooltip says this: "Fleets have a range that represents their need to visit ports for supplies. This range diminishes whenever the fleet moves on the strategic level. The range is reset automatically every time the fleet visits a port, and fleets on long journeys will do this automatically. If a fleet has no more range, its speed is reduced to a crawl."

I understand that. However, taking the above description literally, that would mean that my fleet parked on the tip of Africa does not loose any morale, because they are not "moving in Stategic level", they are sitting still.

Is that true? Personally, I always play Netherlands, and when I want to kill some ships from England/Empire/Sweden/Denmark, I park my attack fleet in the English Channel. If my fleet is just sitting there, not moving, is the crew loosing Morale?

Yes, they use supplies only when they are moving.

The problem is that on anchor your crews don't get any sailing experience which is crucial on tactical level since it reduces turning arcs by something like... HALF. Not to mention other good outcomes of it like extra sailing speed.

All in all it's much better to have a patrol with aggressive mood set instead of sitting on anchor.