• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
think abaout it, first he makes italy and realeses it, then while we are having fun trying to take over the Italien pennsulia as Rome meanwhile he makes the rest of the world(thats is at least what i think, could be wrong)
Exactly!

Wow nice work and I love how Greece looks even if its just pti right now. Can't wait till 2.0 is released so i can unite Italia using Rome.
That's the spirit! ;)

Yeah, I know. Having Hispania ulterior and Hispania interior as the only Spanish provinces makes sense from a historical point of view (Roman praetorships), but it's pretty boring. I think I'll make up a new division with regions roughly the same size as the traditional Italian provinces (Apulia, Lucania, Samnium etc), and combine it with a few separate titles for the greater regions.

Does that mean you can have it more levels in the game? ie a province govenor, a regional, an uber regional and then the big cheese?

Would be awesome, but if its possible to make surley someone would have done it by now??

Nah, not really. I can add titles that suggest that there's an "über regional" level of administration, but I can't make them affect their regions directly as governors. The praetor-type governors will have to affect their provinces via events. My idea is that they become available as soon as the player holds two or more of the subregions in the region governed by the praetor. To give you an example, imagine a situation when Rome has conquered Sardinia and Corsica. Each island is considered a separate governor region, so they appoint one duumvir iure for Corsica and one for Sardinia. (I'm not entirely sure I'll call them duumviri iuri, but you get the idea.) They also appoint one praetor for the administrative region of Corsica et Sardinia.

One idea might be to attach "at_location" as part of the title effect and send them to a certain location, just like a governor.

Maybe we can attach regional governorships to titles, I have successfully done it with holdings. Unfortunately with holdings a character can only have one holdings at a time.

One idea might be to attach "at_location" as part of the title effect and send them to a certain location, just like a governor.
Good idea. :)

Maybe we can attach regional governorships to titles, I have successfully done it with holdings. Unfortunately with holdings a character can only have one holdings at a time.
What do you mean? How would the regional governorships be attached to titles?

Here's a pic showing the new regions. Note that Sabina and Picenum are actually two different regions.

2009-09-19-1.jpg

Good idea. :)

What do you mean? How would the regional governorships be attached to titles?

Based on what I have done with holdings, I was thinking along the lines of:

1) Create a title for each region.
2) When you grant the title to a character, use gain_effect to run something like "region_macedonia = THIS" or some other way to run the country scope and then assign the character as governor, perhaps by event.

Is there a vanilla event to replace or appoint a governor or just one to remove a governor ?

BTW: That latest map post look sweet. :D

I've made a couple of sea provinces. The titles haven't been added yet.
2009-09-28-1.jpg

And here is the same pic with no ugly, blue borders! (Removed the border textures.)
2009-09-28-2.jpg

Extracted from the localisation file:

Code:
PROV71;Fretum Siculum;
PROV72;Promontorium Plemmyrium;
PROV73;Promontorium Pachynus;
PROV74;Melita;
PROV75;Promontorium Ecnomus;
PROV76;Litus Selinuntium;
PROV77;Insulae Agates;
PROV78;Ustica;
PROV79;Sinus Himerensum;
PROV80;Insulae Aeoliae;
PROV81;Sinus Terinaeus;
PROV82;Sinus Laus;
PROV83;Sinus Paestanus;
PROV84;Insulae Flagrae;
PROV85;Insulae Pontiae;
PROV86;Litus Romanum;
PROV87;Litus Tarquinium;
PROV88;Archipelagus Tuscum;
PROV89;Sinus Ligusticus;
PROV90;Promontorium Sacrum;
PROV91;Fretum Tharros;

Comments? :)

PS. Added a few rivers, too.

Last edited:
You know, I really wish you were doing a bigger map with this level of detail, well, I wish EU Rome had one to begin with, but either way, it's looking fantastic!